SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:15 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,699 Posts
Quote:
Why try to be polite when its this kind of junk that has the potential to vex ones views toward the hobby in general.
I see in your blog that you have glassing skills. Cool. I respect you for that. I have no such abilities. But just because you have those skills does not mean that anything not up to YOUR personal standards and/or abilities is therefore "junk".

IMO, arrogant people do more to "vex ones views to the hobby in general" than a product that is designed, engineered and manufactured by a company who actually really does have some clue as to how to bring a decent product to market.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bajora; Dec 24, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:28 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,280 Posts
I don't see the point of trashing the plane in someone's review unless you own it and the plane isn't what the reviewer represents it as.

I don't have this F-16 but, I do own the Evader. It has some faults and it has some good things. However in the electrifly video it shows it going over 100 and it does stock. The video shows it flying well... Again it does.
So why stomp on the review when this plane flies as advertised. Why not go stomp all over some of the more expesive foamys that are far from what they are supposed to be.

My Evader has well over 100 flights on it, probably close to 200, and still doesn't disappoint.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
anything not up to YOUR personal standards
This must be the case.
I'm sorry for actually giving a darn as to what misrepresented qualities of model aircraft people are purchasing. The market will recover even if the US fliers would simply put their collective foot down and by action of non intrest of inferior manufacturing the quality will get better by default rather than in decline as it seems to be in my (again) opinion.
Thank you for tuning in finally!
Tom J.

Edit: gp, misrepresented qualitys in my statement is about the advertisement of all shoddy workmanship in general. You did a great article and it takes talent to do that. Mass production has it issues and sales to the masses has it own also. Workmanship Q&C is hard to monitor in some places but the places I've worked was zero tolerance, perfection or get work elsewhere. I wouldn't expect any less from others, perhaps I'm jaded in that respect and my view needs softening. The jet itself looks great and is a cool little design.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Last edited by ApexAero; Sep 25, 2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: note to gp
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:37 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Am I being accused of misrepresenting something here?? You saw it fly in the video and you read what I had to say about it .... Nothing hidden here my friend except the amount of effort it takes to put something like this article together

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
This must be the case.
I'm sorry for actually giving a darn as to what misrepresented qualities of model aircraft people are purchasing. The market will recover even if the US fliers would simply put their collective foot down and by action of non intrest of inferior manufacturing the quality will get better by defualt rather than in decline as it seems to be in my (again) opinion.
Thank you for tuning in finally!
Tom J.
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:45 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,058 Posts
I thought that it was only the 50mm thread that had these issues! LOL

Hey great review! I am not a fan of the cheater holes either but if it flies well what the hell ya know? I am not gonna knock someones design if it works well.

However from what I am noticing by the way that it flies is that it may have been on the nose heavy end of things. Or is it just a high wing loading? Either way great review and video. And you know what they say about opinions right? LOL
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined Mar 2006
490 Posts
Nice looking plane!

Too bad it has this unsightingly big cheaterhole on the bottom...
Also, the exhaust nozzle being all white looks terrible IMHO, at least one should put some grey/metal colored selfdhesive covering on there...
(and the incorrect placing of the roundel and the USAF sign on the wings is just awful...I mean just google any picture of a usaf f-16 and you could have seen how it should have been done...)

All in all a nice review and flying, although in the video I miss the part about the slowspeed handling of it, some high alpha passes would have been nice...

I wish we could buy it here in Holland for a reasonable price...
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:46 AM
Joined Feb 2007
6,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
(and the incorrect placing of the roundel and the USAF sign on the wings is just awful...I mean just google any picture of a usaf f-16 and you could have seen how it should have been done...).

....So now we're going to criticize the placement of the decals that you can put on anywhere?? You realize it come with a decal sheet so you can put them where ever you want right....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:10 AM
Joined Mar 2006
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
....So now we're going to criticize the placement of the decals that you can put on anywhere?? You realize it come with a decal sheet so you can put them where ever you want right....
Well, my idea on that is that the model is to be a representation of the real thing, (at least that is what the maker (Electrifly) of the kit intended, or else they would have colored it pink or whatever fancy colors they had on hand, and not included a copy of the exact original artwork decals...)

When you buy a cheap chinese ready to fly plane, the factory workers (who have no clue in that respect) always try their best to put the decals in fantasy positions, but now when you have the chance to get it right...

Of course you are free to put the decals wherever you like, but why would you not want to do it the right way?

Anyway that is just my opinion, and you know they are like @ssholes: everbody's got one...
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:47 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,058 Posts
unsubscribed.... Don you did a great review! Sorry that people are such whiny babies about all the minor details....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:00 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,280 Posts
^Same here^ some people just like to pick things apart just because they don't like them.

For the record, I flew my Evader again twice today and still love the way it flies. I actually hand launched it both times. I usually bungee it with my Jetapault but, the ground was to wet and soft. For the so called pig it climbed right out with no issues.

I'm sure the F-16 is just as nice.

Unsubscribed
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:51 PM
Joined Mar 2006
490 Posts
Yeah, me too!
Like I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
...All in all a nice review and flying, ...
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:38 AM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
710 Posts
Nice review Don thanks for your efforts. Looks pretty sweet to me. An airframe I'll be keeping an eye on for addition in my hanger.

Regards
Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Nice review! I love my Evader and will surely have to get this one as well, but that is a bummer of a cheater hole. It's easier to live with on the Evader since the Evader isn't scale, but it really looks out of place on the F-16. Too bad they couldn't come up with a mesh cover or something to at least hide it somewhat, but that no doubt would have interefered with the airflow too much. That aside, it's a great-looking jet!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:55 PM
Holly Hill, Fl.
Joined Mar 2005
710 Posts
Just received one of these beauties from my brother...really nice looking airframe...I'm suprised there's not more being discussed about it.... overall construction very appealing.

Regards
Mike
flmlm is offline Find More Posts by flmlm
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joined Sep 2009
100 Posts
F-16

The only comment I would make would be about the launch hook on the bottom. I see that being ripped off quite easily on a rough landing and making a hole in the bottom of the plane. I would not install the hook. IMO. thanks,,,
DAY8293A is offline Find More Posts by DAY8293A