HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2001, 02:09 PM
CA and NH
Joined Oct 2001
449 Posts
I am new to RC plane

Hi, I am new to the RC plane and I am glad that I found this website. Reading it has allow me to understand a lot more of the different types of RC planes out there.

Anyway, I lived in the San Diego Area (mainly University City/La Jolla because I attend UCSD here). So I need advice on which planes to get. I know I will go get the MADaircraft Highlander (it's an EPP glider trainer), but this plane can only be flown on cliff or high altitude. Thus, I am also considering the Sky Scooter by Hitec, or maybe the Soarstar. Anybody have one for sale or can recommend a place where I can buy them?

Thanks,
Henry
xadmin is offline Find More Posts by xadmin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2001, 03:43 PM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,867 Posts
Why not go along to the SEFSD flying site and see what they're flying and ask how they can help. Directions to their site are on their web page at http://www.sefsd.org

I'm sure they'll be happy to start you off in the right direction.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Oct 22, 2001, 04:19 PM
Wexford, PA
Joined Mar 2001
501 Posts
Henry, Welcome to Ezone. I taught myself to fly on a Sky Scooter and still enjoy flying it (I have two). I think it's a great plane. If ezone's search feature is working do a search and see what others had to say about it because some people have had problems learning to fly with it. There is a lot of information on Ezone about the Scooter. If you get a Scooter don't get the beginners version. Get the Pro version and add the beginners gearbox and APC 9X6 Slowfly prop. www.servocity.com probably has the best price on a Sky Scooter, but www.hobbypeople.net and many other places carry them. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Jim
Jim Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Jim Taylor
Old Apr 05, 2008, 07:31 AM
rc kid
Joined Apr 2008
1 Posts
I'm new to the rc plane world and i need help picking out my first model. Not to pricy,RTF,and so on. Anyways a good plane for a beginner
willyaaaay is offline Find More Posts by willyaaaay
Old Apr 05, 2008, 08:49 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
nice, digging out a 7 year old thread with only two posts in it!

Try scoping out this area, tons of info...
http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...ea-electric-8/
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM