Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:14 AM
Giving Honest,Unbiased Reviews
Singapore
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Discussion
Late Shipping when ordered from HobbyKing.com

Hey beginners out there,

Have you ever bought anything from HobbyKing.com and after wards you need to wait for it for 3 weeks ? I do , so if you gone through this type of situation, please do feel free to share your experience.Be reminded that in your reply , you must include :
1)What you've ordered.
2)What type of shipping you've chose.
3)How long did it take to reach your doorstep.
I'm not invading a RANT but just want to see how many.
MrRCFlyyer
MrRCFlyyer is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlyyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:46 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,159 Posts
What's your point?
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:53 AM
United States, NY, Angola
Joined Jul 2010
291 Posts
Longest I ever had was about 3 weeks too. I ordered all batteries. I selected the cheapest shipping. It went through Swiss post. I read somewhere batteries can no longer go through Hong Kong post if there's more the 3000mah total. So if you order batteries you'll be waiting for them cause they end up going though Swiss post if you select the cheapest shipping.

Not really Hobby Kings fault it took 3 weeks. Once the order has left(and all my orders have left with in 24 hours) it's up to the shipper to get it to you. Weither it's a month or a week. Not Hobby Kings fault. I have also ordered stuff and had it in 10 days from them.
Ghost Plane is offline Find More Posts by Ghost Plane
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:54 AM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,091 Posts
My expectations of HobbyKing are rather low. I expect them to honor the price they list at their website and that is about it. I do not expect warranty. I do not expect refunds. I do not expect them to ship the next day or even within the week I place the order. I do not order anything unless I am willing to lose all of the money and get nothing and I must be willing to wait and wait and wait.

What HobbyKing offers is lots of low to medium quality stuff at very low prices and some of it is even in stock at any given time. What they do not offer is customer service or they offer customer service that requires you to spend the value of the defective item to return it or make you jump through hoops to prove that their computerized shipping system complete with item and package weights and double checked three times so it can never be wrong was wrong.

Having said that, my orders are normally received in the Midwest US in about 2 weeks. My current order was placed on August 4. Today is the 10th and the shipment has just left the HK warehouse. I do not think it will be here in a week. I asked for International Air Mail not registered, the cheapest available.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
52 Posts
Yeah, ordered a Hobbyking (art-tech) Decathlon and had to wait exactly 3 months to get to me, from april to July. Only 1 week was shipping, which is normal. The item was on backorder, and was in DE warehouse.
Of course i could cancel the order if i wanted to
snipe75 is offline Find More Posts by snipe75
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
Joined Jul 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe75 View Post
Yeah, ordered a Hobbyking (art-tech) Decathlon and had to wait exactly 3 months to get to me, from april to July. Only 1 week was shipping, which is normal. The item was on backorder, and was in DE warehouse.
Of course i could cancel the order if i wanted to
Well if it was on backorder. Thats why I never order anything on backorder. Unless your willing to wait till that item gets in cause they will hold the whole order till the backordered item is in.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:17 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Usually my orders from HK are very quick. I've been a customer of theirs since 2007. My 5000mah 4s and 5s lipos didn't take long, less than 2 weeks for sure. I always used the cheapest shipping and not EMS.

I recently made an order of airplane stuff, like 1s 160mah turnigy batteries, some cords, little things, a 1300mah 2s battery for my super cub, etc. I ordered it using EMS. What a POS EMS is. Here is my order so far:

My order with HobbyKing was made on the 25th of july, however I did modify the order on the 27th since it still didn't leave the warehouse or was printed yet. The order wasn't printed in the warehouse until the 29th of july. It was shipped out on the 30th of july. The rest is as follows with EMS Singapore:

Shipment History

Destination Country: Canada

Date and Time Location Status Reason
10/08/2011 - 16:25 - Held by Customs at Destination
10/08/2011 - 16:25 - Received at Destination Transit Centre
08/08/2011 - 15:15 - Handover to Airline
08/08/2011 - 10:59 - Processing at Air Transit Center
03/08/2011 - 16:23 - Processing at Sorting Centre

02/08/2011 - 16:40 - Acknowledged at Transit Centre
01/08/2011 - 22:19 - Shipments in transit from Origin

It took 5 days and multiple calls to Singapore post and HobbyKing to get it processed out of the sorting center and hand it over to the airline. HobbyKing finally opened an investigation and called Singapore Post to find out what's going on and that got it moving.

I have to admit, HobbyKing was excellent through the entire process. I understand it took them a few days to get my order shipped out, but my real beef was with Singapore post EMS. It's EMS, move the parcel along guys!!

I also ordered a #11 818 camera from an ebay seller in Hong Kong on the 3rd of August using his "free shipping" which was only registered normal international mail (not ems or anything.) Guess which one his Canada customs first? Well the HobbyKing one, but just by one minute! I guess it went out on the same flight for heaven sakes - an EMS order ($31+) a free normal order (about $2-$3 is probably cost him.)

CAMERAORDER# - 2011/08/10 - 16:26 - International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs - Xpresspost
HOBBYKINGEMSORDER# - 2011/08/10 - 16:25 - International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs - International Inbound Courier

Furthermore, WHY does the order who was sent by the free shipping guy who mailed my camera out say "Xpresspost" while the hobbyking $31 EMS shipping says "International Inbound Courier"

This was the first time I used EMS with hobbyking and I will never use EMS again. It was a waste of $$
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Last edited by binaryclock; Aug 11, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:48 PM
Somewhere in the Vasoline
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Jul 2011
56 Posts
My batteries have been in the "dispatch area" since Monday and have not shipped yet. Is this par for the course?
StoneTemplePilot is offline Find More Posts by StoneTemplePilot
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:48 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Exactly why it's more faster to buy something that is IN STOCK.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:49 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneTemplePilot View Post
My batteries have been in the "dispatch area" since Monday and have not shipped yet. Is this par for the course?
Batteries ? No Wonder, they got to test it and check if there was any defects before they go ahead and pack it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:54 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
Usually my orders from HK are very quick. I've been a customer of theirs since 2007. My 5000mah 4s and 5s lipos didn't take long, less than 2 weeks for sure. I always used the cheapest shipping and not EMS.

I recently made an order of airplane stuff, like 1s 160mah turnigy batteries, some cords, little things, a 1300mah 2s battery for my super cub, etc. I ordered it using EMS. What a POS EMS is. Here is my order so far:

My order with HobbyKing was made on the 25th of july, however I did modify the order on the 27th since it still didn't leave the warehouse or was printed yet. The order wasn't printed in the warehouse until the 29th of july. It was shipped out on the 30th of july. The rest is as follows with EMS Singapore:

Shipment History

Destination Country: Canada

Date and Time Location Status Reason
10/08/2011 - 16:25 - Held by Customs at Destination
10/08/2011 - 16:25 - Received at Destination Transit Centre
08/08/2011 - 15:15 - Handover to Airline
08/08/2011 - 10:59 - Processing at Air Transit Center
03/08/2011 - 16:23 - Processing at Sorting Centre

02/08/2011 - 16:40 - Acknowledged at Transit Centre
01/08/2011 - 22:19 - Shipments in transit from Origin

It took 5 days and multiple calls to Singapore post and HobbyKing to get it processed out of the sorting center and hand it over to the airline. HobbyKing finally opened an investigation and called Singapore Post to find out what's going on and that got it moving.

I have to admit, HobbyKing was excellent through the entire process. I understand it took them a few days to get my order shipped out, but my real beef was with Singapore post EMS. It's EMS, move the parcel along guys!!

I also ordered a #11 818 camera from an ebay seller in Hong Kong on the 3rd of August using his "free shipping" which was only registered normal international mail (not ems or anything.) Guess which one his Canada customs first? Well the HobbyKing one, but just by one minute! I guess it went out on the same flight for heaven sakes - an EMS order ($31+) a free normal order (about $2-$3 is probably cost him.)

CAMERAORDER# - 2011/08/10 - 16:26 - International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs - Xpresspost
HOBBYKINGEMSORDER# - 2011/08/10 - 16:25 - International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs - International Inbound Courier

Furthermore, WHY does the order who was sent by the free shipping guy who mailed my camera out say "Xpresspost" while the hobbyking $31 EMS shipping says "International Inbound Courier"

This was the first time I used EMS with hobbyking and I will never use EMS again. It was a waste of $$
Yea Singapore's EMS is really poor at long cross continental shippings. But I heard that they are going to employ more workers at the Eunos processing centre for Long distance Speed Post.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:57 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Plane View Post
Longest I ever had was about 3 weeks too. I ordered all batteries. I selected the cheapest shipping. It went through Swiss post. I read somewhere batteries can no longer go through Hong Kong post if there's more the 3000mah total. So if you order batteries you'll be waiting for them cause they end up going though Swiss post if you select the cheapest shipping.

Not really Hobby Kings fault it took 3 weeks. Once the order has left(and all my orders have left with in 24 hours) it's up to the shipper to get it to you. Weither it's a month or a week. Not Hobby Kings fault. I have also ordered stuff and had it in 10 days from them.
Umm, cheapest shipping = normal air parcel. So I do recommend EMS . I live in Singapore . So far none of the orders I made was problematic .You see guys what will a Singaporean do in order to get the thing that he purchase. Obviously complaint and complaint and complaint. Thats how I get my order swift. HEHE
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:13 AM
Joined Jul 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlyyer View Post
Umm, cheapest shipping = normal air parcel.
Here's what the tracking number looks like that went swisspost.

RS90***1923CH

I can go to hobby kings site right now and click on that tracking number and it sends me to swisspost. This link below.
http://www.post.ch/en/post-startseit...-and-trace.htm

All my other order with no batteries went hong king post. Here's a couple of them that went through HK post or normal air parcel.

RB29***4775HK
RB32***6039HK
RB39***0324HK

I eidted my tracking numbers. I don't think I need my real info being posted.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:37 PM
Joined Jul 2011
7 Posts
I order a Bixler ARF with the Tx, ESC, charger and a few batteries

It took over a month to arrive, it took about 9 days to arrive and the rest of the time it was sitting in the warehouse. I used singair, or the cheaper of the 2 options I had.
birdshot345 is offline Find More Posts by birdshot345
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:26 PM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Thats why I save MORE THAN ENOUGH money to buy something on HobbyKing using EMS .And Guys be sure to pressure and "irritate" the HK's Customer Service to 'Priority' Order.