HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:22 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Alert
Turnigy/FlySky battery reverse polarity

Turnigy/FlySky transmitter is equipped with 3 pin battery socket.
Be careful. Center pin is positive while both ends are grounded ( - + - )which is very stupid idea. Unused end pin should not be grounded but open.

If you use two pin plug ( - + ) and plug it into wrong side, it will short. That is how I ruined my TX. Use the orignial 3 pin plug which came with battery box.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:19 AM
B12
Registered User
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
So if I am using the servo type connector (=futaba type?) of the Hobbyking transmitter life-battery, it is one and the same which way I connect it?

It has positive in the center pin like servos, negative in one side and the other empty.

It is not the same type as the original but it fits just fine because the pin spacing and size is correct.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:00 AM
59 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
So if I am using the servo type connector (=futaba type?) of the Hobbyking transmitter life-battery, it is one and the same which way I connect it?

It has positive in the center pin like servos, negative in one side and the other empty.

It is not the same type as the original but it fits just fine because the pin spacing and size is correct.
I would not assume that at all. Are you SURE the third pin on the circuit board is not connected? If it's connected to positive you'll cook the battery. The only safe way is to plug it in the right way round.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:52 PM
B12
Registered User
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
I would not assume that at all. Are you SURE the third pin on the circuit board is not connected? If it's connected to positive you'll cook the battery. The only safe way is to plug it in the right way round.

Assuming John Kim is right with the -+- pin order of the radio connector, it would be 100% safe to connect the battery servo connector (-+0) any way you like without issues.

Not verified though. I have only connected it the same as stock ie black to left.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
Assuming John Kim is right with the -+- pin order of the radio connector, it would be 100% safe to connect the battery servo connector (-+0) any way you like without issues.

Not verified though. I have only connected it the same as stock ie black to left.
Servo plug (3 pins) should be OK as long as the center pin is positive and size fits.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Turnigy 9X reversed battery polarity - smoke John Kim Radios 52 Dec 09, 2013 04:24 AM
Discussion FlySky/iMax/Turnigy 9X Battery Solutions c4v3man Radios 22 Aug 20, 2013 07:55 PM
Discussion Lipo polarity reverse contact slowstick4ap Batteries and Chargers 4 Jul 23, 2011 04:43 AM
Help! GPS and Reverse Polarity? iacei FPV Talk 2 Jul 11, 2011 01:24 PM