HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:00 PM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Mar 2011
383 Posts
okey protowax,. didn't know about this, is this only the new regulation for france? i think it can be solved easily with an update, the question is will dji do this, and when.
killy is offline Find More Posts by killy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:31 PM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
okey protowax,. didn't know about this, is this only the new regulation for france? i think it can be solved easily with an update, the question is will dji do this, and when.
It is a very easy update... and I'm suprised that Microkopter did it so fast (a good way to make you spend 1200 euros in their new card)...
but about DJI upgrades.. No one knows...

edit :
" is this only the new regulation for france?" ...
no it is part of it.. you have to have the theorical part of the private pilot or ULM license, you have to have a parachute or airbag system and to have a automatic device (in certain conditions) which is able to trigger a RTH by itself...
they did not ask for a baywatch license if you fly over the water (it think they did not think about that but it can come..)
The regulation was done with big UAV's companies which want to sell their 20.000 euros UAVs..
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Last edited by protowax; Jul 29, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
yes.. RTH can be switched on but the reglementation asks that it is switch on automatically if you are at more than 100 meters of the pilot... and to get the agreement of this stupid DGAC you need to demonstrate it without any pilot intervention... you need to flight at more than 100 meters and the RTH to be engaged without any pilot intervention...
and a RC does not lost the signal at more than 100 meters...
If your RC TX allow you to remove the antenna do a range test to see how far you can fly without the antenna - should not be more than 100m it think
soundmind is offline Find More Posts by soundmind
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:12 PM
DJI Support
Joined Mar 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcoskun View Post
I bought DJI 900mhz data radio+ Wookong M view and WKM Multi-waypoint upgrade--50waypoints from FOXTECHFPV.COM 3 weeks ego. I got the product but they did not send me the activation code even I wrote them
more than 10 times. They never reply me. They have no any address and phone number to contact with them. how can I solve my problem.
Pls forward your email to Foxtech to me. PM sent.
terry.one is offline Find More Posts by terry.one
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:38 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
322 Posts
Here is an example that strong magnets affects the compass in Wookong.
The yellow marks the boat passes are strong magnets to measure the correct speed when doing waterski competition.

Quad Crash in Lake Mjøsa (1 min 51 sec)
!
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:19 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
765 Posts
Since going with 5.12a with 400hz speed on gimbal update, my AG550 camera gimbal has been doing a good job on stabilization. Have been pleased with my last 2 vids. Here is one that I shot this afternoon. This has no post stabilization or anything else, other than cut it down for shorter length. -- JOHN
Big Creek Trail 720 (3 min 54 sec)
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Last edited by digitalCAM; Jul 30, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmind View Post
If your RC TX allow you to remove the antenna do a range test to see how far you can fly without the antenna - should not be more than 100m it think
Removing the antenna on most transmitter equipment with power on will damage the transmitter as the power has nowhere to dissapate..
Some transmitters will have a low power mode to test range.. But the ideal would be a solution in the firmware for flying in France...
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:24 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Since going with 5.12a with 400hz speed on gimbal update, my AG550 camera gimbal has been doing a good job on stabilization. Have been pleased with my last 2 vids. Here is one that I shot this afternoon. This has no post stabilization or anything else, other that cut it down for shorter length. -- JOHN https://vimeo.com/46600677
Very nice looks a bit z15ish. No vibration. This mount could be the one
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:12 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
Here is an example that strong magnets affects the compass in Wookong.
The yellow marks the boat passes are strong magnets to measure the correct speed when doing waterski competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7a8C...ayer_embedded#!
How did you come to the conclusion it was magnetic affect?
The GPS ONLY works when there is no ail/ele stick commands.
You were chasing a boat and drove it into the water as soon as the boat sped up and you tried to keep up.
Thats not anything to do with magnets.
Now if you were hovering hands of and it dove into the water then you could blame it on magnetic affect.

BTW nice idea to use floats.
What did you use to keep it from sinking?
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Z06 Tony; Jul 30, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:25 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
You were chasing a boat and drove it into the water as soon as the boat sped up and you tried to keep up.
Now if you were hovering hands of and it dove into the water then you could blame it on magnetic affect.
Did you watch the same video I did? He was following the boat at top speed for 6-7 seconds without any problems, and the moment he passed the first yellow magnetic buoys the copter started to yaw, and at the seconds buoys it changed direction again. Granted the crash might be over correction caused by pilot, and there is no information about the strength of the magnetic buoys. But to me the timing indicates that something affected stabilization.
jab is online now Find More Posts by jab
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:31 AM
Norge, Rogaland, Bryne
Joined Oct 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I have to mention that it was not me controlling the quad, but a guy from our Norwegian FPV forum.
This is what it looks like and some people agree that this likely was the powerful magnets doing this.
He gave more and more pitch on the sticks and small yaw movement.
The height was 4 meters
More testing will be done to verify if this is actually the case here.
Efti is offline Find More Posts by Efti
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Did you watch the same video I did? He was following the boat at top speed for 6-7 seconds without any problems, and the moment he passed the first yellow magnetic buoys the copter started to yaw, and at the seconds buoys it changed direction again. Granted the crash might be over correction caused by pilot, and there is no information about the strength of the magnetic buoys. But to me the timing indicates that something affected stabilization.
Flying over a magnet should not affect anything unless you are using GPS. He can do an experiment and go back to the same spot and anchor the boat and fly over those magnets and see if it affects anything.
If when he crosses those buoys and it yaws then for sure that is the cause. It would be good to know for sure either way
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:46 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efti View Post
I have to mention that it was not me controlling the quad, but a guy from our Norwegian FPV forum.
This is what it looks like and some people agree that this likely was the powerful magnets doing this.
He gave more and more pitch on the sticks and small yaw movement.
The height was 4 meters
More testing will be done to verify if this is actually the case here.
He must be a good flier cus I bet its not easy to keep up with a speed boat flying LOS. Would be easier FPV for sure.

If it turns out to be the magnets that caused the problem it would be good for others to know who might do the same thing.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:55 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Was he flying it in Carefree Mod? If he was that would have explain how the magnets effected the Compass.
Just a thought.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:01 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
531 Posts
it also looks like he had some floatation device as he was able to retrieve the data. Good flying too as that was quite a very fast chase.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74