Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epedemi View Post
Heres a picture.. And thats it... No WOW nothing.. just connect bro
Yes , live feed and record at the same time!

EDIT: Which lense is it.. there are several lenses !?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I have used this set up many times. It works well for FPV and I was satisfied until I got a dedicated FPV cam. There is a lot of difference between the two. Sharpness and color saturation are two. The advantage is only one camera, the battery lasts for an entire flying session, for me at least, and simple set up and operation. If you are only going to do a few FPV flights for fun and want something that will allow you to set up shots. I would recommend it. If you really want to get into FPV use both, the GoPro and a dedicated camera.
I'm going to stick with the way I have it, because I already have it and it works great. Another thing is that I have two of these complete RTF and this one will probably go up for sale as a BNF pretty soon. Epe, it is the 4mm lense. Will be posting the gain settings soon, been cleaning lizard cages ever since I got home from work..

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:45 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Here are all my present settings. I will probably reduce the pitch gain before next flight, and am also about to go to 5.12a.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:56 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Flying monitor

Got a monitor from Foxtech that they say is made for FPV. (brighter and less glare) I like it. -- I mounted everything on a little foam tray so everything is always set to just pick it up and go. -- On the copter I have a flight battery and a separate 1000 3s to power the gimbal servos, VTx and the small FPV camera. -- On the radio tray I have a 2000 3s to power the VRx and the monitor. -- Had this for 4 days now, and I am pleased with having video every time I fly now. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:22 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Paul,

You should check this link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=189

Changing the MC is only needed when using a S800.
This is the significant part of the post from the other thread -

"July 6, 2012
......... Due to the S-800 design of removal motor arms compound by the longer motor wires and distribution board is causing M1 (motor 1) in the master controller manufactured before January 31, 2012 to fail intermittently. However, they do not affect the use of other airframes using traditional ESC placement. Please note, WKM MCs manufactured after February 1, 2012 does not have the problem.
We are in the process of a voluntary replacement of WKM MC manufactured before January 31 to all S-800 owners. ........."

What exactly is meant by "traditional ESC placement"?
I have an older WK-M which is probably manufactured before 2/2012 and I fly an octo with longish cable runs and the ESC's near the middle of the arms. Now I've never had ESC overheating problems - am I right to assume I'll continue to be OK? (my confidence in the WK-M has been shaken a bit by the apparent issues with FW 5-12.)
RedSky is online now Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:16 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Got a monitor from Foxtech that they say is made for FPV. (brighter and less glare) I like it. -- I mounted everything on a little foam tray so everything is always set to just pick it up and go. -- On the copter I have a flight battery and a separate 1000 3s to power the gimbal servos, VTx and the small FPV camera. -- On the radio tray I have a 2000 3s to power the VRx and the monitor. -- Had this for 4 days now, and I am pleased with having video every time I fly now. -- JOHN
I have the same monitor i use for framing shots on my AD6, nice setup. I love the duct tape on the neck strap! Try an old camera neck strap lashed to the ropes with a square Knot, likely a little more comfy
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:25 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Good idea. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
Canada, QC, Greenfield Park
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
This is the significant part of the post from the other thread -

"July 6, 2012
......... Due to the S-800 design of removal motor arms compound by the longer motor wires and distribution board is causing M1 (motor 1) in the master controller manufactured before January 31, 2012 to fail intermittently. However, they do not affect the use of other airframes using traditional ESC placement. Please note, WKM MCs manufactured after February 1, 2012 does not have the problem.
We are in the process of a voluntary replacement of WKM MC manufactured before January 31 to all S-800 owners. ........."

What exactly is meant by "traditional ESC placement"?
I have an older WK-M which is probably manufactured before 2/2012 and I fly an octo with longish cable runs and the ESC's near the middle of the arms. Now I've never had ESC overheating problems - am I right to assume I'll continue to be OK? (my confidence in the WK-M has been shaken a bit by the apparent issues with FW 5-12.)
At one point I asked Sydney directly about those that don't have a S800 but do have the older wkm. What happens if they wish to purchase an S800 at a later date? He had stated that they will be replacing the S800 owners first, then replacing ANYONE that owns an older wkm if they so wish. I can no longer find that post and it may have been edited. Luckily for me, I have a newer wkm. For those that have the older one, I strongly advise finding out if you can swap it....I'm sure you can, if not, don't ever buy a S800!
OneSkidShort is offline Find More Posts by OneSkidShort
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Where you can check when WK-M was build?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
Depends on when it was purchased
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
I bought it 2 weeks ago along with the S800 with faulty ESCs
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
You're fine, just change the Esc's
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
A question to the French people of the forum...
How are you going to deal with the new regulation ?
the text is here : http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jopdf/...&pageFin=08657

I asked a lawer and you can't fly even in your garden now... you can just fly on a Aeromodelism federation's field...
Mikrocopter introduced a new card to be (partialy) in accordance to the new reglementation... I think it is the end of the UAVs in France.. and I hope for the others than they won't try to impose these kind of rules to the rest of EU..
I have my pilot license (yes you need the theoritical part of it) but I don't have any airbags or parachutes and the WKM is not able to do a RTH if the distance between the pilot and the UAV is more that 100 meters..
Then if your are in France, be very careful... A guy using an UAV to take pictures in the countryside had the surprise to see the "gendarmerie" coming.. and asking for the DGAC authorisation and the delimitation of the landing area..
I wanted to buy a Zenmuse and a new hexa but I think I will just put everything I have on ebay..
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
thanks
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:00 PM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Mar 2011
383 Posts
hi protowax, RTH can always be switched on or will be activated in case of signal lost (when well programmed). or do i miss something, i havent updated to the new firmware,
killy is offline Find More Posts by killy
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
hi protowax, RTH can always be switched on or will be activated in case of signal lost (when well programmed). or do i miss something, i havent updated to the new firmware,
yes.. RTH can be switched on but the reglementation asks that it is switch on automatically if you are at more than 100 meters of the pilot... and to get the agreement of this stupid DGAC you need to demonstrate it without any pilot intervention... you need to flight at more than 100 meters and the RTH to be engaged without any pilot intervention...
and a RC does not lost the signal at more than 100 meters...
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax