HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:54 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebinns View Post
Looking good my friend! It's taken some time to get to this point, you must be very happy? I'll be interested to see how smooth the video is "out of the box".
Good luck with your maiden.

George.
Thanks George, yes it's taken me ages.. Also typical that I was gonna be sent the z-15 a few days before my month long trip to Hong Kong. But if I had it I would have rushed to fly it and I already didn't have enough time so asked DJi to hang on till I got back, It's not something you can be slap-dash with.

So far my thoughts are that it is one amazing bit of kit, it's not cheap by any means, but like you I have tried countless multi's and camera mounts, cameras and anti vibration solutions. And have NEVER been happy with my results, you and a few others on here, although I could probably count on one hand how many, have with persistence achieved great video results.

Yes today's the big day, it's ready to go I just need to update the gain settings. So just thinking of somewhere to take it for its first test flight and will post a video of it later
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:43 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Thanks George, yes it's taken me ages.. Also typical that I was gonna be sent the z-15 a few days before my month long trip to Hong Kong. But if I had it I would have rushed to fly it and I already didn't have enough time so asked DJi to hang on till I got back, It's not something you can be slap-dash with.

So far my thoughts are that it is one amazing bit of kit, it's not cheap by any means, but like you I have tried countless multi's and camera mounts, cameras and anti vibration solutions. And have NEVER been happy with my results, you and a few others on here, although I could probably count on one hand how many, have with persistence achieved great video results.

Yes today's the big day, it's ready to go I just need to update the gain settings. So just thinking of somewhere to take it for its first test flight and will post a video of it later
It's certainly a beautiful day for it's maiden

One thing I'm a little confused with. Do you have to change your mc if you bought the wkm last year. ?
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:13 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
790 Posts
Paul,

You should check this link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=189

Changing the MC is only needed when using a S800.
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2 Posts
I bought DJI 900mhz data radio+ Wookong M view and WKM Multi-waypoint upgrade--50waypoints from FOXTECHFPV.COM 3 weeks ego. I got the product but they did not send me the activation code even I wrote them
more than 10 times. They never reply me. They have no any address and phone number to contact with them. how can I solve my problem.
mzcoskun is offline Find More Posts by mzcoskun
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:55 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
It's certainly a beautiful day for it's maiden

One thing I'm a little confused with. Do you have to change your mc if you bought the wkm last year. ?
Yes it is a great day for it, I just had a 3 minute quick hover in the garden all looks good, except as they recommend having the camera in MF, the whole flight plus 5 still's were all out of focus.. Doh! Still couldn't see any vibration. But not really a fare test.

As for the MC yes if it was brought last year and using on a S-800 then it needs changing. As helicoblast posted a link.

When I meet up with DJi earlier this month they gave me a replacement MC and 6 x new ESC's.. But have been reluctant in changing them up till now, but after 3 minute hover they all felt pretty hot.. So may have to look in to changing them before I do any really flying... Real PITA
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
886 Posts
I too received a new mc from Dji directly last week. I have built my s800 and it's ready to maiden. Do I need a new activation code ? when I connect the wkm to the assistant recently downloaded as I intend to install 5.12a I cannot see "tools" highlighted so I cannot update my firmware... Please help sydneyw
Thanks
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:18 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
No activation code is needed unless you have Waypoint ... you need new assistant software; don't know how recent is recent.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:31 AM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Could you also post some pics of your setup, mainly the gimbal?

There's some jello, surely someting to do there.

The video is pretty stable, nice job!
Here's a couple pics.. I had the camera off so it is a bit crooked on the velcro, but that's not how I was flying it. Forgot to bring my TX home, I'll post the gains tonight.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
No activation code is needed unless you have Waypoint ... you need new assistant software; don't know how recent is recent.
Thanks
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Last edited by jetbootz; Jul 29, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Late night transmitter programming after wine - bad
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Here's a couple pics.. I had the camera off so it is a bit crooked on the velcro, but that's not how I was flying it. Forgot to bring my TX home, I'll post the gains tonight.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
What kind of lense is that for the gopro 2 ?
You have some info for that?
Thanks.

Edit: why arent you using live feed from the gopro?
epedemi is offline Find More Posts by epedemi
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:11 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Paul,

You should check this link
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=189

Changing the MC is only needed when using a S800.
Thanks for the link.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epedemi View Post
What kind of lense is that for the gopro 2 ?
You have some info for that?
Thanks.

Edit: why arent you using live feed from the gopro?
It is a RageCam Natural lense. I am just recording onto the gopro, have the other camera for lining up shots. Can you use the live feed and record? What's involved?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
790 Posts
You only need a cable like this one and the last firmware from gopro.

It works like a charm!
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Last edited by helicoblast; Jul 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added link
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
It is a RageCam Natural lense. I am just recording onto the gopro, have the other camera for lining up shots. Can you use the live feed and record? What's involved?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Heres a picture.. And thats it... No WOW nothing.. just connect bro
Yes , live feed and record at the same time!

EDIT: Which lense is it.. there are several lenses !?
epedemi is offline Find More Posts by epedemi
Last edited by epedemi; Jul 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,159 Posts
I have used this set up many times. It works well for FPV and I was satisfied until I got a dedicated FPV cam. There is a lot of difference between the two. Sharpness and color saturation are two. The advantage is only one camera, the battery lasts for an entire flying session, for me at least, and simple set up and operation. If you are only going to do a few FPV flights for fun and want something that will allow you to set up shots. I would recommend it. If you really want to get into FPV use both, the GoPro and a dedicated camera.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out