topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Well, I didn't get any feedback from anyone, but I did keep on flying and adjusting yesterday with what I think is some positive results. Here's the last flight of the day after I cut the roll gains down- what a difference! I feel it is way smoother, even though the wind was higher for this one.
Nobody? No feedback?? Comments, criticism of the constructive type??

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrf9j...ature=youtu.be
Could you also post some pics of your setup, mainly the gimbal?

There's some jello, surely someting to do there.

The video is pretty stable, nice job!
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined May 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
Still not had time to edit the waypoint vid, but here is a video of me losing a prop whilst carrying 3kg of camera underneath 5.12a firmware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKd_IJSCLyU
Very nice!(I mean nice that it handled itself so well, not nice that you lost a prop mid flight)

What are the specs of your octo?
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconFlyer View Post
Very nice!(I mean nice that it handled itself so well, not nice that you lost a prop mid flight)

What are the specs of your octo?
In the video it was me bringing it down fast and the chap filming, I assumed he stopped filming short of landing because it was his camera on the Octo
Running 2814/11 Tigers with 4s 5000 x2 and 12x4.5 props. A heavy beast though! weighs about 5kg without a camera..
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Could you also post some pics of your setup, mainly the gimbal?

There's some jello, surely someting to do there.

The video is pretty stable, nice job!
I'll take a few pics and post tonight, list my gain settings also. RE the jello, yes there is a little but not much. I haven't balanced the props yet ( Graupner 9x5) and that will probably help. This was first day out with the new build, 4th and 5th flights were these two videos! Thanks!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
that octo barely squeeked losing that prop.. I am building one now, that sure gives allot of confidence and answers previous doubts in this thread about what happens if one takes off minus one prop or losing one in flight with a load.

seems the control; and most of the stability is still there. thanks for the video.
It has happened before and I didn`t even notice? until it came back, this time I saw it happen and dropped it fast as the camera on it wasn`t mine.. So that may have made it look a little harsh? but it had a perfect landing
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined May 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
In the video it was me bringing it down fast and the chap filming, I assumed he stopped filming short of landing because it was his camera on the Octo
Running 2814/11 Tigers with 4s 5000 x2 and 12x4.5 props. A heavy beast though! weighs about 5kg without a camera..
Wow 5KG without camera! and I thought my HL hexa was too heavy Interesting combination of the 12x4.5 props(I assume not APC) and the 2814/11 motors, I have the same on my hexa but the AXI 2814/22(almost the same specs as the tiger motors) but I don't think i could ever lift a 5D with a zoom lens let a lont survive with 1 prop down...I guess it's the extra two motors that make all the difference...and of course pilot skills Thanks for the video.
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
I have just rebuilt my s800 afer testing out the WKM and geting my new escs back.
I installed 5.12a
What happens is that after powering up and geting the 3 beeps after about 20 seconds I get row of about 5 or 6 green flashes, which then stop and the S800 continues to find the gps and seems normal. It happens in GPS manual or Atti mode.

I havent taken off, until I understand what this means. As I am certain it didn't happen before. I re flashed the WKM to be sure, but still the same issue.

Can anyone suggest a solution or what it might be

OK I think I might get it, this is to show it has recorded it home point, is that correct?

thanks

FB
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:47 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
It has happened before and I didn`t even notice? until it came back, this time I saw it happen and dropped it fast as the camera on it wasn`t mine.. So that may have made it look a little harsh? but it had a perfect landing
what make props are you using??
soundmind is offline Find More Posts by soundmind
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmind View Post
what make props are you using??
Gemfan carbon reinforced
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
OK I think I might get it, this is to show it has recorded it home point, is that correct?

thanks

FB
YUP! Now go fly that thing. =]
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post

thanks

FB
I believe this is the wkm registering home position, mine does it too and failsafe works every time

Opps just saw your post
boranup is offline Find More Posts by boranup
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:23 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Gemfan carbon reinforced
They are a whole lot better then their nylon glass ones, i am currently flying their CF 12x3.8 and they are super nice , the tiger motors respond way quicker compared the the heavier carbon reinforced ones.

well worth the money spent i think
soundmind is offline Find More Posts by soundmind
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmind View Post
They are a whole lot better then their nylon glass ones, i am currently flying their CF 12x3.8 and they are super nice , the tiger motors respond way quicker compared the the heavier carbon reinforced ones.

well worth the money spent i think
I bought some APC 13x6.5`s but they dont respond quick enough? I haven`t tried any others as the 12x4.5 work well?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:26 AM
Multirotors blow
Peterborough, England
Joined Dec 2006
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Almost ready for maiden flight
Looking good my friend! It's taken some time to get to this point, you must be very happy? I'll be interested to see how smooth the video is "out of the box".
Good luck with your maiden.

George.
georgebinns is online now Find More Posts by georgebinns