HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:06 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNDoWn View Post
I use waypoints so I have only used Ace One and WKM so I can't comment on the Naza.

what is funny is that the Naza GPS gets a lock 2-3 times faster than my WKM and flies the same in ATTI and manual mode.

at this point waypoint is the only reason to get the WKM

i am impressed that you fly AP/AV with waypoints.

you ARE "the most interesting (AP) man in the world"
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:24 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Hi Dave - thanks for the quick reply, yes for signal and TX loss, not sure what other instances fail safe would be needed for? Maybe if you lost sight or orientation?

I will try to set that up shortly, excuse my noobness here - enhanced failsafe is only for GPS mode? Not 100% sure why I need to manually setup failsafe if there is this option in the software?

Cheers
boranup is offline Find More Posts by boranup
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:25 PM
Registered Aircraft Crasher
United States, CO, Calhan
Joined Oct 2004
129 Posts
Quote:
i am impressed that you fly AP/AV with waypoints.

you ARE "the most interesting (AP) man in the world"
Not EVERY thing I fly is just for AP/AV. Waypoints are also good for survey and site mapping.
MaNDoWn is offline Find More Posts by MaNDoWn
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boranup View Post
Hi Dave - thanks for the quick reply, yes for signal and TX loss, not sure what other instances fail safe would be needed for? Maybe if you lost sight or orientation?

I will try to set that up shortly, excuse my noobness here - enhanced failsafe is only for GPS mode? Not 100% sure why I need to manually setup failsafe if there is this option in the software?

Cheers
The enhanced, is basically giving you a choice to offer an option of what you want it to do in the event of Signal loss or TX malfunction, but you need set the failsafe up so it knows what to do if that situation happened, that would then trigger whichever option you chose in the Enhanced failsafe section.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbb View Post
The enhanced, is basically giving you a choice to offer an option of what you want it to do in the event of Signal loss or TX malfunction, but you need set the failsafe up so it knows what to do if that situation happened, that would then trigger whichever option you chose in the Enhanced failsafe section.
Thanks Dave, next question as I try to do this - anyone know how this is done on a Hitec Aurora 9? If I read the manual correctly it says I don't need to use a bind plug? I watched the pitchbitch vid on Vimeo for this and understand the process - now its the execution on my equipment that I need assistance with.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boranup View Post
Thanks Dave, next question as I try to do this - anyone know how this is done on a Hitec Aurora 9? If I read the manual correctly it says I don't need to use a bind plug? I watched the pitchbitch vid on Vimeo for this and understand the process - now its the execution on my equipment that I need assistance with.
no, i have an Aurora 9.

you simply do as the manual states, eg, press and hold the RX button until it flashes blue, move the switch and throttle to desired position think it was within 5 seconds, then thats done.

now when you go back to the assistant, and turn off the TX the throttle should move up and the Failsafe should highlight blue, if that works ok, all you do is go back to the switch settings and re-do it for the mode switch .
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:14 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,069 Posts
I could send you a pre-setup file from my A9 for all the functions I use if you have the HP-22
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
God - how to bring out all my noobness in one go What is a HP-22 - ok its the PC interface setup - no I don't have it Thanks for the offer though Sid!!

OK found this video -
How to setup your Hitec Aurora 9 with your NAZA-M GPS fail safe RTH mode (19 min 43 sec)

Followed his steps and have it all setup and working - have setup a switch for failsafe as in his video - time to go and test at the local park.

Amazing learning curve - how frustrating and daunting things seem and then bang - all is clear - well murky but clear enough to make it through

Works a treat both using the switch for fail safe and turning off the receiver - very happy, just need my gimbal to turn up then it's a video fest
Last edited by boranup; Jul 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infante View Post
I Just got my S800 With the Wookong -M all assembled and i am ready for a test flight.
The Problem is that i Only managed to setup everything with the the assistant software with the Receiver type set to TRADITION.
I never get any signal on the sticks calibration when i choose PPM.
The Graupner MX-20 is on (DSC output PPM24). Watts the difference from PPM10/16/24...
Is it secure to fly this way.
Can any one help please.
Additional info:
Radio Set to Mode 2 stick.
receiver connections:
Throttle- Chanel 1
Aierons-Chanel 2
Elevator-Chanel 3
Rudder-Chanel 4
U-Chanel 7
X3-Chanel 6
All channels mapping and Fail safe working fine, at least on the menus of the assistant software.
I think you are going about it wrong. The HOTT rx's will put out PPM on one of the channels. You need to select SUMO in the tx. Here is a link on the MX-20 and an MK setup. Skip the MK stuff but it will tell you how to set your rx to SUMO. The # of rx channels will determine the # after SUMO. Check which rx you have and the corresponding ppm(SUMO) channel #. The rx must be bound and on so the tx can tell the rx to go into sumo mode. If you get an air module for the MX-20, you will get more telemetry feedback and with voice output if you want.

http://www.mkmanual.com/graupner-mx-20#TOC-Voice-output
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Jul 25, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:35 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Tanks BB

They may be pulling 130A, but Deans are rated at 50A and one day this will lead to a failure.

I'm finding that with a lot of use, they get very loose and sometimes I have to add a backup piece of tape to prevent slippage.

Also, I would not be covered with my Public Indemnity insurance if it was found I had a failure due to poor choice of plug.

Any more views on plus for multis? particularly Heavies.
I have deans running a 100CC sized electric 3D plane on 12S 10,000, 120A without issue for a year now (and a 12S, 110A 50cc sized for 3 years). That being said, I've replaced the plugs once from carbon build up in the last year.Deans are WAY under rated. Most of the 3D HobbyShop and Extreme Flight Giant Scale guys use deans as well. Oh and I only use the Hobbyking version btw and I have not had a single failure due to plugs in well over 8-9000 flights using HK deans in the last 5 years.

All that being said, buy whatever you feel comfortable flying. There is nothing wrong with those bullet connectors or Anderson PP's.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Panza, I have a F550 Hex. I have an AG550 gimbal from "Askman". and I have been using 5.12a and my gimbal gain set to 400hz. It is working fine for me. Here is some video that I shot today. It is straight out of the camera, without any sort of post stabilization. -- JOHN https://vimeo.com/46338303
Awesome video. That's one of the smoothest, non-stabilized videos I have seen. What camera were you using?
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:44 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
he is using the Sony RX100
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
Adidas is correct. I AM using the RX100. It seems to have quite good stabilization built into it. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Adidas is correct. I AM using the RX100. It seems to have quite good stabilization built into it. -- JOHN
Can the stabilization be turned off? I'm surprised it doesn't cause any adverse effect.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:52 AM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Yes it can be turned off.

Mechanical isolation is good on many cameras even on a multirotor.

The best example is the Sony BOSS on the CX710 and PJ760 lines of camcorders.

The RX100 looks to be very good
optical image stabilization not software based.