HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:42 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,074 Posts
Tanks BB

They may be pulling 130A, but Deans are rated at 50A and one day this will lead to a failure.

I'm finding that with a lot of use, they get very loose and sometimes I have to add a backup piece of tape to prevent slippage.

Also, I would not be covered with my Public Indemnity insurance if it was found I had a failure due to poor choice of plug.

Any more views on plus for multis? particularly Heavies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Switch if you want, but I have been using Deans on my EDF's pulling 130 amps+ for several years. They work great. Never had an issue.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Psionic001 is online now Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:53 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
anderson powerpole are always a go to
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:56 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Panza, I have a F550 Hex. I have an AG550 gimbal from "Askman". and I have been using 5.12a and my gimbal gain set to 400hz. It is working fine for me. Here is some video that I shot today. It is straight out of the camera, without any sort of post stabilization. -- JOHN https://vimeo.com/46338303
It's always sweet to see Askman's gimbal at work. Can't wait for 90* pitch version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
anderson powerpole are always a go to
Also heard good things about Powerpole plugs.
Some friends in RC cars love them!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Tanks BB

They may be pulling 130A, but Deans are rated at 50A and one day this will lead to a failure.

I'm finding that with a lot of use, they get very loose and sometimes I have to add a backup piece of tape to prevent slippage.

Also, I would not be covered with my Public Indemnity insurance if it was found I had a failure due to poor choice of plug.

One thing i go fed up of with Deans, sometimes even on the Charger, on odd times it would alarm with "no Battery attached", unplug and re-plug in all fine again, then odd times it would do it mid charge, so my thinking was, do i want it doing the same mid flight.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbb View Post
One thing i go fed up of with Deans, sometimes even on the Charger, on odd times it would alarm with "no Battery attached", unplug and re-plug in all fine again, then odd times it would do it mid charge, so my thinking was, do i want it doing the same mid flight.
+1, have had that happen a good few times...
VerticalVue is online now Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:08 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,074 Posts
+1 that's happened to me often too.

Quote:
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:20 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
I changed all my deans about a year ago to XT60, bit of a PITA as some were originally XT60 then deans then back. But think the XT60 is a far better plug.

All my big high amp pulling stuff, I still use 4mm bullets.
+1
on the XT60
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:44 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
It's been a long time for me in this forum. Actually I've been happy with my F550 DJI WK-M so found no reasons to come back here. Now, I'm still running old versions of the software :
  • current software : 1.13
  • current firmware : 4.26

I'd like to upgrade now in order to get the intelligent orientation control. However, I had an xaircraft before and got so much issues with unstable software versions that I'm coming back here to get your recommendation. I'm not too found on going straight to the very latest firmware version. I think the 5.06 firmware looks stable enough for most people. Would you agree or recommend another version ?

If 5.06, then next "problem" is : I can't figure out how to download it from DJI's web site (http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...-m/downloads/#). I get can the 5.08 from there, but where are the links for 5.06 ??
moombe is offline Find More Posts by moombe
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,074 Posts
Download and install the Wookong-M Assistant Software of your choice.

The Assistant then connects to DJI and downloads the firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
It's been a long time for me in this forum. Actually I've been happy with my F550 DJI WK-M so found no reasons to come back here. Now, I'm still running old versions of the software :
  • current software : 1.13
  • current firmware : 4.26

I'd like to upgrade now in order to get the intelligent orientation control. However, I had an xaircraft before and got so much issues with unstable software versions that I'm coming back here to get your recommendation. I'm not too found on going straight to the very latest firmware version. I think the 5.06 firmware looks stable enough for most people. Would you agree or recommend another version ?

If 5.06, then next "problem" is : I can't figure out how to download it from DJI's web site (http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...-m/downloads/#). I get can the 5.08 from there, but where are the links for 5.06 ??
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Download and install the Wookong-M Assistant Software of your choice.
The Assistant then connects to DJI and downloads the firmware.
Isn't it that to get the firmware 5.06 I would need to get the assistant software version 1.24. I can't find any download link on DJI's website for 1.24, the oldest you can download from there is 1.26.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Isn't it that to get the firmware 5.06 I would need to get the assistant software version 1.24. I can't find any download link on DJI's website for 1.24, the oldest you can download from there is 1.26.
I am running assistant 1.30 and firmware 5.12 on a Quad and Hexa, absolutely no issues at all, they could physically not be any more stable as they are at the moment.

If you definately want 1.24, i can upload it to my webspace and give you the link for it, but for myself personally running 5.12 on those two crafts mentioned, i have no issues at all.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Last edited by Davebbb; Jul 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
I am running assistant 1.30 and firmware 5.12 on a Quad and Hexa, absolutely no issues at all, they could physically not be any more stable as they are at the moment.

If you definately want 1.24, i can upload it to my webspace and give you the link for it, but for myself personally running 5.12 on those two crafts mentioned, i have no issues at all.
Thanks Dave, I found a link in some past posts in this thread and I download all versions now. I'll trust you here and will do an update tomorrow to get to 5.12. If bad I can always roll back to 5.06.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Atm Im flying 5.12a and no issues. Hexa with gimbal running 400mhz.
Using traditionel and Aurora 9 ch with optima 9ch.
epedemi is offline Find More Posts by epedemi
Last edited by epedemi; Jul 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2010
557 Posts
All previous firmwares

Follow this link its there

http://www.traderc.com/djiwkm/

Quote:
mmalik4 is offline Find More Posts by mmalik4
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:14 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,303 Posts
Quote:
Tanks BB

They are rated at 50 solely for liability purposes. Give the engineers at WSDeans a call and see what THEY have tested them to, they are willing to tell you over the phone. Once again, several large jets pulling 130 amps plus and many, many flights have proven them out. BVM uses them exclusively and has thousands of flights with 100% success. What a heavy lifter pulls is nothing compared to the amps of these large jets. YES, you need to know how to solder, if you don't you may get charger errors. I'll let it drop, as there is a jillion threads on this forum arguing the same thing, but I would hate to see someone mislead.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member