Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined May 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
210/210/165/150
75/75
thanks for the info!
then what's happening to me doesn't make sense, you lowered your gains to get it flying, the standard gains on mine seem to low.
just to double check when the copter is not self correcting fast enough(thus manual overcorrections causing the pendulum effect) means that the gains are too low, correct?
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:49 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post

Basic
170/170/155/155
Altitude
120/120

Havent touched the Advanced settings as of yet!
That last flight was pretty rough with these gains... Got pretty windy!

lowered the Atti gain down to 100/100 and lowered (I) to 90. Helped a bit but need to fine tune the basic still..

I would say they tried changing some of the gain scales but still a to tune for Wind
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconFlyer View Post
Ok something is really wrong here...I can't even adjust the gains from the assistant...I thought my problem is gain related so I went to increase the basic gain values, I type in 150%, fields turn red, I click "write" and it's back to 100%!!
I had that problem too. I had to turn my transmitter on in order to write anything. I believe this is the first firmware I have used where this was the case. So try changing the values with your transmitter on. Worked for me.

I still can't get the POI to work though.
Surlymofo is offline Find More Posts by Surlymofo
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconFlyer View Post
thanks for the info!
then what's happening to me doesn't make sense, you lowered your gains to get it flying, the standard gains on mine seem to low.
just to double check when the copter is not self correcting fast enough(thus manual overcorrections causing the pendulum effect) means that the gains are too low, correct?
Yes, I would raise your altitude gain.. You know when you have to much alti gain when she snaps back to fast!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,227 Posts
You should ALWAYS have your transmitter on when hooking up to the assistant. Otherwise it's just a matter of time until you get bitten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlymofo View Post
I had that problem too. I had to turn my transmitter on in order to write anything. I believe this is the first firmware I have used where this was the case. So try changing the values with your transmitter on. Worked for me.

I still can't get the POI to work though.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,852 Posts
After some more flights I just cant get her to feel locked in with any type of wind..
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
You should ALWAYS have your transmitter on when hooking up to the assistant. Otherwise it's just a matter of time until you get bitten!
So true.

Well its dark, only slight wind though, but out the front of the house, we have a small green, well lit with street lamps, i think it felt ok this time, GPS locked in enough sats in 32 seconds, altitude hold seemed better, altered the Yaw gain, that has slowed the "bounce" so a little more alterations needed there, took her up to street lamp height, flicked into GPS hold, and it held there very nicely i must say, quite pleased in fact, granted it was a little dark to notice any small Oscellations, but i certainly stared and didnt noice any that i could see.

All in all not bad so far, so fingers crossed it wont be chucking it down later and i can test in daylight, but overall, i think it went well.

btw, my servos are 90░, so need to look for some 180 ones, if anyone can point me in a direction there, would be greatful

will post more results if i can can some test flights in later.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Last edited by Davebbb; Jul 14, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:30 PM
Private Pilot
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Jul 2009
1,270 Posts
Just maidened my new cinestar 8 WKM, wow talk about stressful. 1.30 software(worked good) and 5.12 firmware. Just did a 1 minute hover in slight breeze and it was pretty stable, just a guess on gains to start and already pretty impressed with 5.12. Havent tried manual mode or gps yet. More to come
Twister773 is offline Find More Posts by Twister773
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2011
80 Posts
Just had my AD8 int the air, wind is pretty gusty, so was not all that easy to evaluate the stability of my current gains. I will however say that there was 0 oscillation just aggressive reactions to changes in wind speed.

according to wind guru current windspeed is 9 m/s gusting 16m/s so well above the "suitable" wind speed indicated on the dji website.

and the octo was able to stay in the same spot. but the correction was aggresive enought that any video would have been pretty useless.....not that i would shoot anythin of great value in this light/conditions anyway. oh and she droped altitude by about 1 meter had to trhottle up to avoid hitting the ground, could be that the wind was blowing into the pressure holes on imu and the barro thought it had to drop altitude, who knows dont have access to any logs, that would solve most of out wining im sure if we could see what was happeniing and have some kind of explanation for weird behaivier (HINT Hint DJI give us access to logs)

had a brief shot at poi - my garden is pretty small and didnt want to go to high incase the dreaded 5.12 wobbles that has been mentioned rear their ugly head. seemed to work as expected , cancelled poi and moved to a new location saved new poi and repeated 1/4 circle and once again reacted as expected the more roll input i gave the quicker she circled, will wait for better wind conditions and test POI and RTH on a rugby field.

have not run 1.3 software yet, will wait for it to go live on DJI website - dont trust mediafire 1bit

thats me for now...of to lunch.
soundmind is offline Find More Posts by soundmind
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Can anyone advise any decent standard sized servos that have 180░ travel for Gimble use ?

cheers

Soundwind, have downloaded 1.30 from mediafire, wouldnt normaly download anything from there, but that file is totally fine
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Last edited by Davebbb; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:39 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
Kingsport TN
Joined Jan 2005
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbb View Post
Can anyone advise any decent standard sized servos that have 180░ travel for Gimble
Getting this for mine:

Hitec 645mg

Add $10 for 180░ rotation
slo_dave is offline Find More Posts by slo_dave
Last edited by slo_dave; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:39 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2011
80 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone advise any decent standard sized servos that have 180░ travel for Gimble use ?

cheers

Soundwind, have downloaded 1.30 from mediafire, wouldnt normaly download anything from there, but that file is totally fine
Thx

Weather in nz is up to won't need it for the next day at least if by then it's not on Dji site will grab it
soundmind is offline Find More Posts by soundmind
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:46 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Quote:

cheers
Probably a question best asked in the thread specific to your gimbal.

Different reduction rates need different types of servos.

FreeFly uses modified MKS or savox

PhotoHigher uses moddified savox

Today right now there are not enough good servo options for gimbals, hence modifications and such.

That will be the next big deal over this next year, gimbal specific servos and brushless motors.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:48 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the posts on the new firmware

I can't a update right now but thanks guys for all the info

Also very pissed that I have two WKM That don't perform as well as everyone's naza's

Add me to the list of unhappy people about this

And no I am not distributing for zero I would but I just don't have time... Believe me I want this to work just like everyone else

Ever since the first firmware this thing has always had TBE and white flashes

I am thinking of reverting waaaay back and never upgrading again

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:58 PM
Brazil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the posts on the new firmware

I can't a update right now but thanks guys for all the info

Also very pissed that I have two WKM That don't perform as well as everyone's naza's

Add me to the list of unhappy people about this

And no I am not distributing for zero I would but I just don't have time... Believe me I want this to work just like everyone else

Ever since the first firmware this thing has always had TBE and white flashes

I am thinking of reverting waaaay back and never upgrading again

Steve

Good idea!
I'll do the same.
lourenšo is offline Find More Posts by lourenšo