Those are some turnigy plush 10A..
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:36 PM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Nice one, where did you get that power PCB?

Kind of funny having a DJI autopilot on a Mikrokopter plate
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavess View Post
Nice one, where did you get that power PCB?

Kind of funny having a DJI autopilot on a Mikrokopter plate
I've a feeling 50% of DJI purchasers were MK users. The next 50% are a mix of Xaircraft, hoverfly, Kk, Openpilot & new quad users.
XsenseX is offline Find More Posts by XsenseX
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:48 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
Lol! It's a distribution board from kkmulticopter.kr, but I don't use the switch that comes with it.
Yeah, solutions are found with anything that is under your hands , so thanks MK ..
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:46 PM
Consistently Inconsistent
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
That's normal. Don't worry about that. The MC will control the rotor speed to maintain the height.
Care to elaborate?
With that "rolls eyes" gif in your reply, I'm not sure if that's a serious reply or not.
Please enlighten me...if you are serious, at what point do I gain throttle control?
If you are joking..you won't be when if I launch this this straight up with no control and expect you to help cover the costs of replacing it.

By the way....what's the difference between the new $1000 WK-Ms and the 2 $1199 ones I bought a couple weeks ago?
kosins is online now Find More Posts by kosins
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:56 PM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosins View Post

By the way....what's the difference between the new $1000 WK-Ms and the 2 $1199 ones I bought a couple weeks ago?
Yes ... Why did we pay 1200 ?
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:11 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I'm confused here. I'm having a hard time seeing how using Sbus or PPM is going to help the issue of having enough ESC outputs for an octo/X8 configuration and the two camera gimbal outputs. Is there some PPM/Sbus widget that will go between the ESCs and the MMU?

-- Gary
I've read that on the OpenPilot platform if you use CPPM the PWM inputs that you are not using can be programmed to become PWM outputs. That is one way CC can run an octo.
AlPackin is offline Find More Posts by AlPackin
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:15 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post
I have no info. on how the S-bus will work. From my understanding thou is it will be Futaba only at first. That is all the info. I have until they release it Sept. 14th.
@Sidney/DJI:
I guess the question I'd like answered is whether or not the MC inputs can be re-programmed to operate as outputs. If not, whether or not S-bus or PPM is used will make no difference in terms of solving the issue with being able to use the gimbal servo outputs with an octo/X8 configuration. Actually, I guess an X8 setup can still be supported, by "Y"-ing the ESCs from each arm. Not something I'd expect on a "pro"-type system, with a pro-type price, but whatever.

Although I have an X8 right now, I've been planning to do a larger Y6, so this is probably going to be a non-issue for me. I was hoping to move this to the X8 first, though, as it currently has my mkTR Pro mount on it.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:16 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,071 Posts
edit sorry... found what I was looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
Yes ... Why did we pay 1200 ?
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:23 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Care to elaborate?
With that "rolls eyes" gif in your reply, I'm not sure if that's a serious reply or not.
Please enlighten me...if you are serious, at what point do I gain throttle control?
If you are joking..you won't be when if I launch this this straight up with no control and expect you to help cover the costs of replacing it.

You have to live in China to get them for that price. I was told the price was lower in domestic market cus of many reasons and they promote domestic market 1st They even advertise on bbs.5imx for $1000 but only if you live or visit china as they told me
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:31 PM
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
You have to live in China to get them for that price. I was told the price was lower in domestic market cus of many reasons and they promote domestic market 1st They even advertise on bbs.5imx for $1000 but only if you live or visit china as they told me
The USA DJI site shows them now at $1000.
I'm not so concerned with that.

I'm more concerned about whether I should take Mr DJI's comment seriously about having nothing but Zero or Full throttle.

Edited to add:

If my question seems too silly...my apologies. I didnt design the thing, and I'm not an electronics engineer. Mr DJI, I can't do what you do, nor could you do my job. I'm just trying to figure out how to make your stuff work with my stuff.

Edited again:
Now the USA site is back to the 1199.00 price. It was $1000.00 all day today.
Last edited by kosins; Sep 08, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:46 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:

Maytech ESCs. Each was individually calibrated and respond well to throttle input before connecting the WK-M.
After final connections....throttle response is full or none.

I'm sure it's something I've overlooked, and appreciate some advice.
Make sure the "command stick calibration" is set correctly in the software. As the manual indicates, throttle up = slider moves to the right; throttle down = slider moves to the left.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Make sure the "command stick calibration" is set correctly in the software. As the manual indicates, throttle up = slider moves to the right; throttle down = slider moves to the left.
Thank you.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:34 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
Edited again:
Now the USA site is back to the 1199.00 price. It was $1000.00 all day today.
Damn, I just missed the special 1000 USD sale!
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:37 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
I would imagine that was a slight miscalculation. I highly doubt DJI ran an unadvertised sale, probably was just a mistake on the web developers part.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways