HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2011, 03:27 PM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milouze View Post
I received mine today, I'm eager to try it out
The package is nice, and the modules are smaller than I thought, which is cool.
The IMU itself is a bit heavy for its size, maybe some weight has been added to help about vibrations, I guess.. Anyway, this is good looking and well manufactured, it inspires reliability.
I will first try it on a test quad, (and then later I plan to use it on a heavy-lift hexa), with some TGY plush 10A and some SCM 3213 950kv motors that I have here laying around.

Cheers_
Look forward to seeing some flight video and hearing what you think about it Tom
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 03:43 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
Hi Tom, I will do
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:25 PM
Consistently Inconsistent
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Need some help please

Hi all.

Trying to finish setting up the new build and have a problem.

I only have "full throttle".

JR 9503 TX, 921 RX.

Maytech ESCs. Each was individually calibrated and respond well to throttle input before connecting the WK-M.
After final connections....throttle response is full or none.

I'm sure it's something I've overlooked, and appreciate some advice.
kosins is offline Find More Posts by kosins
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:37 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosins View Post
Hi all.

JR 9503 TX, 921 RX.

Maytech ESCs. Each was individually calibrated and respond well to throttle input before connecting the WK-M.

Did you calibrate the sticks in the setup software?
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:55 PM
Consistently Inconsistent
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Did you calibrate the sticks in the setup software?
Yes.
kosins is offline Find More Posts by kosins
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:06 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARUG View Post
I do not quite follow this discussion: Somehow I get the understanding that people in here are saying that DJI ports can be configured as input or output ports, i.e. as SBUS (or PPM that may not be) would free input ports, then could be used as output ports, could they?
See, this is what I'm confused about as well. There are 8 output ports, with the last two, F1 and F2, apparently being shared between "rotor" 7/8, and the gimbal pitch and roll servos. There are also eight inputs, which are used for radio connections (aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder, control mode, gain tuning and gimbal pitch...). As far as I can tell, the Sbus/PPM input would allow all but one of these input channels to be freed up. The only way that would help the motor/gimbal sharing issue is if some of the these inputs can then be turned into outputs. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing this is not the case.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:12 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosins View Post
Hi all.

JR 9503 TX, 921 RX.

Make sure you're not stuck in failsafe mode, hook up to the Assistant and see what mode it says the WKM is in. Mine did the same thing once when I had the failsafe switch on without realizing it.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Sep 07, 2011, 09:26 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
I have no info. on how the S-bus will work. From my understanding thou is it will be Futaba only at first. That is all the info. I have until they release it Sept. 14th.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 09:27 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
Make sure you're not stuck in failsafe mode, hook up to the Assistant and see what mode it says the WKM is in. Mine did the same thing once when I had the failsafe switch on without realizing it.
Yes please check your TX calibration screen and see if you are in fail safe.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 01:20 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Since I am in the process of getting a Droidworx Octo, will any new modules, or Y splitters be needed to get 8 motor outputs from the DJI hardware? Will you still be able to access the camera gimbals channels plus the gain channels?
Any info about what the power module is will be appreciated.

Order on hold until I get some more information about octo configuration, and if any limitations.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Sep 08, 2011, 05:24 AM
Joined Jul 2011
680 Posts
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DJI INNOVATIONS; Sep 09, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 06:47 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
Ok, just trying to configure my unit with the software assistent:
Step 1 seems Ok, it looks for new firmware on the server does the upgrade and says all fine, going to Exit.
Step 2: It checks for a few seconds and than says Version does not match.
If i look under About/Info it says Software 1.4 and Firmware 1.4.
I cannot enter anything, what´s going on here?

Thomas
@Sidney

If you don't mind another question from me, i would like to know if the firmware updating process is user controllable, or once you connect everything, authenticate and are online the software will automatically look for newer versions and proceed updating without asking?
The reason i'm asking is because i might not really care for some of the features that may be offered with certain firmwares and i wouldn't like the process of updating to be automatic and beyond my control.
I have owned an MK Me for over 1 year and never needed to change anything about firmware.
The only update to my XP3.1 during the 2 years it was supported was the return to home feature.
It's been over a week since i got my WK-M but i wont insult it with a less than par frame.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:28 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebandre View Post
@Sidney

If you don't mind another question from me, i would like to know if the firmware updating process is user controllable, or once you connect everything, authenticate and are online the software will automatically look for newer versions and proceed updating without asking?
The reason i'm asking is because i might not really care for some of the features that may be offered with certain firmwares and i wouldn't like the process of updating to be automatic and beyond my control.
I have owned an MK Me for over 1 year and never needed to change anything about firmware.
The only update to my XP3.1 during the 2 years it was supported was the return to home feature.
It's been over a week since i got my WK-M but i wont insult it with a less than par frame.
User's choice; click update, system check, user to go for update or not. Same as Ace One and XP3.1
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:53 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
User's choice; click update, system check, user to go for update or not. Same as Ace One and XP3.1
The issue is sometimes it Automatically goes to the firmware upgrade process.

Yes, the option after it checks current version and new version is there to select upgrade or not. I think he is saying it would be nice not to have it auto check every time you connect if old firmware is loaded.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:27 AM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,205 Posts
OK one question, let me get this right the Assistant software will not work with Window Vista is this correct, as I understand it Windows 95 and Windows 7 but not Vista can one of you guys that have the system verify this please.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64