Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:12 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
I didn't configure the intelligent orientation control as I had my 3 postion switch set for nav modes. Was going to set that up when I had time to find a way to change the switch function to operate both features.
This would not be possible using one switch, because it needs to be used in conjunction with not instead of.

Quote:
I contacted a guy called Terry at DJI support that had answered me before when asked for help to program my Turnigy 9X. At the time he told me they didn't have any Turnigy 9X to test with Wookong-M.

Now I told him about the problem and the loss of my equipment but he seems to believe it was my mistake. I told him to get a Turnigy 9X and test it with Wookong-M to confirm the incompatibility and put a warning in a new manual version before some more people loose their money too.
I'm sorry for your loose as most people are on here and no one would like this happen to them! But I'm afraid to say that this is complete pilot error! The error in this case is not understanding the equipment you have and it's capabilities and limitations of what it can and can't do. With the above being one of them!

And in my opinion it is not for DJi to put in the manual such information or you could argue that Turnigy should also put in there manual the same thing!

This is a complex hobby and people need to understand the basic's. Just because one can afford to go out and buy everything and it is now easier then ever, it still needs a good understanding.

They have said in the manual you need a radio that will do failsafe (not hold last position either) There are ways round this by using various mixing to achieve a basic RTH, but again a full understanding is needed, just because you see a blue light this doesn't mean it will fly home!!

I don't own a 9X but from what I gather in standard form it doesn't and needs upgrading! (frsky) This i'm afraid is down to the user!
Also If I was flying with your equipment I would have fully tested this set-up for at least 12-15 flight's minimum before loading it up with expensive equipment!

I have to date done more then 60 RTH, all intentionally, mostly showing off to variuos people and not once has it not performed anything less then 100% and 9.9/10 lands with-in 6 feet or less from GPS fix point!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:52 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
If I get out too far and get disoriented, instead of RTH, I just flip it into "Home lock" , and bring it back myself. Seems a lot safer to me, as long as I can still at least see it. I think a lot of people don't understand the difference between "Course Lock" and "Home Lock" -- JOHN
+1
I also prefer Home Lock to get the bird back. I am feeling safer because i have full control over the path and altitude...
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...h-phoenix.html

Firmware Revision History - Phoenix, Phoenix HV, and Phoenix Ice Series

4.00 Beta 02/22/12

MultiRotor: New Multi-rotor vehicle type changes throttle response to allow for faster throttle response. Throttle processing has been completely rewritten to prevent aliasing of the throttle while limiting motor output throttle change rate.

could be interesting. Too expensive just to try out but if some one has them and can flash to the newest firmware version it would be interesting to hear some reports

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,370 Posts
That is good news. I have 6 Ice 50 sitting in a box.
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:37 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
That is good news. I have 6 Ice 50 sitting in a box.
hurry hurry really interested in the results. Not matter if the first release wont be magical at least they are considering the scene finally !
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
I finally got my WK working.
I have a question though. When I do the compass calibration I flip the switch 10 times and I get a blue light I do the axis calibration and I get a green light Then I do the vertical calibration and I get a white light for a few seconds. Now when the light goes out I get three blinking lights.
What I want to know if everything is ok are they any lights on at all.
The manual really screws me up.

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:54 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
I finally got my WK working.
I have a question though. When I do the compass calibration I flip the switch 10 times and I get a blue light I do the axis calibration and I get a green light Then I do the vertical calibration and I get a white light for a few seconds. Now when the light goes out I get three blinking lights.
What I want to know if everything is ok are they any lights on at all.
The manual really screws me up.

Cheers

Your fine the white light indicates that the calibration worked. The red light just shows your flight mode again that your in again. Or more precise the three red blink are the GPS status and manual has no LED indication.

Boris
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Another question please.
On my flight three way switch I have man, att and gps selected.
I had to adjust the travel adjustment to get the gps and man mode to turn blue. But how do I set up the failsafe?
The assistant I have:
GPS-Failsafe-ATT-Failsafe-MAN
I am really confussed now.

Cheers
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Your fine the white light indicates that the calibration worked. The red light just shows your flight mode again that your in again. Or more precise the three red blink are the GPS status and manual has no LED indication.

Boris
Thank you Boris so in another words I have to adjust my travel until I get no light on Man mode? right?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:01 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,207 Posts
You need to set up a mix with another switch. If you search this thread you will find several examples.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Thank you Boris so in another words I have to adjust my travel until I get no light on Man mode? right?
These are unrelated issues. Go to assistant and adjust your sub trim to get ATTI then your end points to get GPS and Manual. The slider needs to be highlighted in blue on each setting.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
Norge, Sogn og Fjordane, Skjolden
Joined Apr 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
This would not be possible using one switch, because it needs to be used in conjunction with not instead of.

I'm sorry for your loose as most people are on here and no one would like this happen to them! But I'm afraid to say that this is complete pilot error! The error in this case is not understanding the equipment you have and it's capabilities and limitations of what it can and can't do. With the above being one of them!

And in my opinion it is not for DJi to put in the manual such information or you could argue that Turnigy should also put in there manual the same thing!

This is a complex hobby and people need to understand the basic's. Just because one can afford to go out and buy everything and it is now easier then ever, it still needs a good understanding.

They have said in the manual you need a radio that will do failsafe (not hold last position either) There are ways round this by using various mixing to achieve a basic RTH, but again a full understanding is needed, just because you see a blue light this doesn't mean it will fly home!!

I don't own a 9X but from what I gather in standard form it doesn't and needs upgrading! (frsky) This i'm afraid is down to the user!
Also If I was flying with your equipment I would have fully tested this set-up for at least 12-15 flight's minimum before loading it up with expensive equipment!

I have to date done more then 60 RTH, all intentionally, mostly showing off to variuos people and not once has it not performed anything less then 100% and 9.9/10 lands with-in 6 feet or less from GPS fix point!
Hi topgearuk.

When I read this I' getting a bit worried about failsafe.
I have a Futaba 10C with failsafe on all channels and all cannels are set to normal failsafe except channel 7 (U-port) and 3 (throttle) .
In the manual it says you should the adjust U-port (channel 7) until the failsafe area in the Assistant Software turns blue and set that as failsafe channel 7.
On channel 3 the manual only says you should not set failsafe to under 10%, I have set it to 50%.
When I switch of my TX the LED turns blue and the failafe area in the Assistant Software turns blue.
Is this the right way to do it, or is it something I have missed her?

How have you programmed your failsafe.

I have been flying between 20 and 30 times with my quad, but I have still not tried failsafe because I'm not sure it will work right.
Sauen is offline Find More Posts by Sauen
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...h-phoenix.html

Firmware Revision History - Phoenix, Phoenix HV, and Phoenix Ice Series

4.00 Beta 02/22/12

MultiRotor: New Multi-rotor vehicle type changes throttle response to allow for faster throttle response. Throttle processing has been completely rewritten to prevent aliasing of the throttle while limiting motor output throttle change rate.

could be interesting. Too expensive just to try out but if some one has them and can flash to the newest firmware version it would be interesting to hear some reports

Boris
Wow that is fantastic news, time to start offering them again once we get some real results.

I'm also excited to see this too.
Quote:
All: Full 'CastleLink Live' support. This is a special mode that will allow the ESC to share telemetry data through the receiver wire in real-time to external devices that support 'Castle Link Live'.
I can see this coming as a feature similar to MK's BL2.0 offering this through the downlink.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauen View Post
Hi topgearuk.

I have a Futaba 10C with failsafe on all channels and all cannels are set to normal failsafe except channel 7 (U-port) and 3 (throttle) .
In the manual it says you should the adjust U-port (channel 7) until the failsafe area in the Assistant Software turns blue and set that as failsafe channel 7.
On channel 3 the manual only says you should not set failsafe to under 10%, I have set it to 50%.
When I switch of my TX the LED turns blue and the failafe area in the Assistant Software turns blue.

I have been flying between 20 and 30 times with my quad, but I have still not tried failsafe because I'm not sure it will work right.
You got it right, just like its supposed to work.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauen View Post
Hi topgearuk.

This sounds spot on!

For reference there are a few important things that need's to happen in failsafe for it to work successfully. 1st, ele, rudd, ali need to centre ideally (but probably not essential)
Throttle needs to go above 10% and ideally around 50% and the failsafe should light up blue. With all of the above failsafe will work. And is easy to check in the software that this is happening.

But remember home point is not set until all red flashes have stopped and at that point it will record position. Or you can use the IOC switch to set position.

I always wait before I fly for all reds to stop or fly near by in Alti until red flashes stop I then land unplug battery, plug back in and that is the Return position set or I use IOC and set it that way!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk