HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:37 PM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
We could never monopolise the market although we are trying to expand always but at a steady and manageable rate.
I will see what I can do on the discount front lol
But back on track Im loving the Wookong , and just wanted to show a video with copter and radio in the same shot , It is a super stable platform and next up for the DJI is to go in a heavy Droidworx Hexa with Axi 2814/22 motors and some APC props , then this thing should perform even better.
Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari View Post
Flyfpv Are you trying to monopolise the copter market by becoming the one stop shop for everything multi.Me likey.Shows stability and parkability .Ideal then for fpv since it controls itself really.Yet another reason to knock on your www virtual door.
Oh......... you are a handsome man too.(discount!)
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfpv View Post
We could never monopolise the market although we are trying to expand always but at a steady and manageable rate.
I will see what I can do on the discount front lol
But back on track Im loving the Wookong , and just wanted to show a video with copter and radio in the same shot , It is a super stable platform and next up for the DJI is to go in a heavy Droidworx Hexa with Axi 2814/22 motors and some APC props , then this thing should perform even better.
Geoff
Joking aside (difficult for me).You have access to many multirotor controllers.
I know you are trying to remain impartial but.....Which one would you choose for stability and ease of control.
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:53 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Now fitted the Dji Wookong M into a small Hexacopter frame using the Keda motors and 25a escs with a 3s 2200mah for a very lightweight setup (This is too light)
Flies great on this frame but i think a heavier set up will be even better. Still playing with the gain settings as I think this can get much better with optimal settings.
Video attached was taken in a very small space (My garden) but it shows how good the height hold works. Please excuse my ugly mug but at least you can see radio and Hexa together.
Will post the outtake video also lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU904...layer_embedded
Very nice video, shows how stable it is! Ooh the temptation is strong on this one I can feel it! Damn....
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:08 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Hey there is no need for that, just cause he mentioned he may look after me because I'm a friend of his and we do go way back,
LMAO. I couldn't give two hoots if he was your Dad.

I asked a simple question which needed a simple Yes or No. Not some smart a$$ reply about how VAT goes towards better pensions and benefits.

I posted what I was thinking at that time. If you don't like it, then report the post.

Getting back to the thread. The DJI WK-M is an impressive bit of kit.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Cool, does the dji has outputs for connecting led strips for low battery notification?
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Nope.
Or any other led status besides the giant led they have for GPS/other info. Maybe that can be used.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
led light strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Nope.
Or any other led status besides the giant led they have for GPS/other info. Maybe that can be used.
cool TC, can you tell if the giant led attachment only has a led in it,
or is there other sensors in there?
Just wondering if a simple mod can be done for led strip. Winter is just around the corner with those dark sky.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:32 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,062 Posts
Here's an excellent reason to have arm/disarm...

Here's what happens when you accidently hit the throttle hold switch while in flight...

KillSwitch (0 min 12 sec)

Throttle hold + Heli = autorotate to ground

Throttle hold + multirotor Y6 = BRICK

Arm/disarm = no chance of that happening.

Minor damage fortunately, broken prop, a couple bent screws, need to do a little straightening on the AV130 roll cradle. Already fixed and tested the Y6, it will be back in the air for video tomorrow.

Oh, and I finally found the upper limit on gain settings before oscillation starts, you can see a bit of it in the short video...
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
You are talking about our current Waypoint system. We have the technology for quite some time, using data link 50-200 waypoint assignments and 3D Google Map.

We are considering to offer this technology in multi-rotor after this initial launch as many people here don't quite know DJI. It will feature 2.4ghz data link in short distance 1km range. Then, some might compare HobbyKing price.
Can you tell me if the waypoint feature will be an ad on module, or will it be a different system? Just want to know if I should hold out till then
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:50 PM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
I like the way this flies and height hold is far better than Mikrokopter , and flight seems more locked in to me.
Saying that Mikrokopter have tons of features that are not on the Wookong .
I will reserve judgement until i have tested on a heavy lift Hexa in Droidworx frame because I have built loads of these with Mikrokopter gear so I can compare fairly.
Wookong is much much easier to set up though , hope that helps a little

Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari View Post
Joking aside (difficult for me).You have access to many multirotor controllers.
I know you are trying to remain impartial but.....Which one would you choose for stability and ease of control.
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:52 PM
Danvers Mass
Joined Apr 2005
119 Posts
What is CFG-ERR[8] ????? HELP

JERRY
k1dfd is offline Find More Posts by k1dfd
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:19 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dfd View Post
What is CFG-ERR[8] ????? HELP

JERRY
It normally happens after you do a firmware update and then try to calibrate the transmitter channels, at least that's when it happened to me. Do what it says in the manual. Power down the WK-M including unplugging the USB and shut down the Assistant. Then bring everything back up and the error should disappear. I had to do this several times on one instance to get the error to disappear. The important part, I think is no power to the WK-M including USB. I hope this works for you.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
I like the way this flies and height hold is far better than Mikrokopter , and flight seems more locked in to me.
Saying that Mikrokopter have tons of features that are not on the Wookong .
I will reserve judgement until i have tested on a heavy lift Hexa in Droidworx frame because I have built loads of these with Mikrokopter gear so I can compare fairly.
Wookong is much much easier to set up though , hope that helps a little

Geoff
Yes it does.Fairly new to this hobby so am looking for an easy intro to aerial/fpv.I can fly helis and have built some quads already but ,i guess, limited my budget till now.Quite a step up,financially,from KKs and Multiwiis so looking for justification to buy really.
Quite intimidated by Mikrokopter as it is very "self assembly".Most self assembly furniture,in my hands,do not resemble the instructions ,so will avoid Mikrokopter for the time being.
Look forward to your vids ,and will hopefully be inspired to buy.
Thanks Geoff
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:49 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
yes.. but when you are a company and buy to another country of the UE, you don't have to advance the VAT with your VAT european number.. and don't have to wait for the administration to refund you for VAT..

Do you know Digitech ? their are great people saling droidworks frames... they sell also Hoverfly pro... it would be great if they could sell DJI products in the EU.. we could buy in Euros, not giving big money to this f****** banks ....
Sorry but I'm really more european than french...
Hi Protowax,
You know that I am french seller of DJI.
Of course I sell without VAT to EU companies.
I you have VAT number and that you also "sell" something yourself (VAT is made for !) I don't understand that you need to pay without VAT...
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:00 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
Hi Killy yes I doubled al my caps on my mks too but the 25v rating always worried me for 6s.... Doubling up the caps never hurts!!!

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
hey steve, my quad flys on 6s with mk electronics, i have added an extra capacitor on each bl ctrl. and everything stays pretty cool, i will try to build a hexa as well on 6s with dji wkm...
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg