HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
problem solved the led start flashing green when you engage courselock.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
Registered User
hexa's Avatar
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinerebel View Post
Hi everyone,

I am building a SKYJIB 8 at the moment and need some advise on my setup!

After waiting almost 2 months for my aerodrive powerboard and still not getting it I decided to return my MK FC and go for DJI which was my first choice (it's a long story).

I also don't like waiting 4 week or more if I burned up my pricey powerboard!

I am still waiting for my Pletty 15-20 to arrive as wel. so in the mean time I would be very happy if any of you could tell me which ESC, Lipo and Radio tx/rx I should go for?

I already have a Graupnner MX-20 but need a second radio for my gimbal!
(money is not my biggest concern, quality and performance are!!!)
I would say if money ain't a prob go with the Mk. Has more features for ap work. Less fine tuning for big frames. Telemetry via your mx20. If you are looking for some frustration and head pain trying to tune a sky jib. Get the dji. My big ass mk hexa sits nicely in windy condition on stock Mk settings. Not like the dji. Heavy lift on dji is like pot luck some days it fine other days it bounce around and drift.
Just me thoughts.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
39 Posts
IMU data lost

I have had the same issue, but I don't have course lock engaged.

It generally happens when I power up and the unit is on the ground for 30-45 secs.

Everything looks good, then suddenly, I get what appears to be 5-6 flashing green lights. I tried power down and re-up, but about 30% of the time, I get it again.

Less often , it occurs after takeoff, but I can't see what is wrong as the craft appears to be OK.

My other real issue, is that I can not take off in GPS mode. In attitude mode, it takes off very nice, very level. In GPS, the quad tilts so far, the props touch the ground before I can take off.
If I switch to GPS once off the ground, it works fairly well, but not like they show on their videos, it moves around quite a bit rather than staying on one spot - only sideways movement, no vertical movement at all.

Anyone who has any ideas what to try, would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce
Bpstars is offline Find More Posts by Bpstars
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
I would say if money ain't a prob go with the Mk. Has more features for ap work. Less fine tuning for big frames. Telemetry via your mx20. If you are looking for some frustration and head pain trying to tune a sky jib. Get the dji. My big ass mk hexa sits nicely in windy condition on stock Mk settings. Not like the dji. Heavy lift on dji is like pot luck some days it fine other days it bounce around and drift.
Just me thoughts.
I know what you mean,

But I also hear a lot of good stories from people you have been flying SKYJIB with WKM. Jules is one of them.

I just don't like the idea of paying 1500 euro for a powerboard just because one them is burned up and put my business on hold for 2 months.
cinerebel is offline Find More Posts by cinerebel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Read this post again! I have highlighted what I wrote!

With your set-up YOU CAN'T PROGRAMME FAILSAFE, only a switch to simulate failsafe!
OK, I hear you my friend.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:48 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Anybody has this issue:

Le light blinks red for an eternity until you power down the WKM and power it up again then everything is working normal.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
I would say if money ain't a prob go with the Mk. Has more features for ap work. Less fine tuning for big frames. Telemetry via your mx20. If you are looking for some frustration and head pain trying to tune a sky jib. Get the dji. My big ass mk hexa sits nicely in windy condition on stock Mk settings. Not like the dji. Heavy lift on dji is like pot luck some days it fine other days it bounce around and drift.
Just me thoughts.
I heard a lot of people bashing the MK now that the WKM is available, don't know who to believe.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
@bpstars,
Mine does the same after first take off it will flash 3-6times green. It flies great. So i guess all the wkm do this?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
uavservices on MRF
saabguyspg's Avatar
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,970 Posts
I have flown both, I have had MK for years, I just got tired of their BS... but DJI has BS too it's just differnt BS.

MK is still better IMHO mostly becuase they give more tuning parameters and don't charge you for propietary modems, and incredbile amounts of money for a GCS that only works with ONE helicopter and then you have to buy anohter one!!!!

MK is still king sorry DJI.

If DJI listend to suggestions put forth time and time again they could take first prize but not yet.

I have two DJI and both of mine do a funky chicken dance if they are upset by a quick gust of wind from a differnt direction.... so does my friends... none of our MK's do this crazy behaviour.

Steve
ps just my .02cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
I heard a lot of people bashing the MK now that the WKM is available, don't know who to believe.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
I would say if money ain't a prob go with the Mk. Has more features for ap work. Less fine tuning for big frames. Telemetry via your mx20. If you are looking for some frustration and head pain trying to tune a sky jib. Get the dji. My big ass mk hexa sits nicely in windy condition on stock Mk settings. Not like the dji. Heavy lift on dji is like pot luck some days it fine other days it bounce around and drift.
Just me thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
MK is still better IMHO mostly becuase they give more tuning parameters and don't charge you for propietary modems, and incredbile amounts of money for a GCS that only works with ONE helicopter and then you have to buy anohter one!!!!

MK is still king sorry DJI.

If DJI listend to suggestions put forth time and time again they could take first prize but not yet.
+1 here. for now dji is good for hobby flying only, mk is still the only for pro jobs..
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
+1 here. for now dji is good for hobby flying only, mk is still the only for pro jobs..
Guys, guys, what I asked was which esc I should use for skyjib, orbit 15-20 & WKM? Not which FC I should get!

I've seen & read enough to go for WKM at this time! If I don't like it I will just buy a second MK! My issue with MK is that the aerodrive PB is just too hard to get and I don't like to depend on parts that are so hard to get!

Can anyone just tell me what is the best ESC for pletty 20-15 & WKM???

Cheers
cinerebel is offline Find More Posts by cinerebel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
Registered User
lrrps's Avatar
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
I heard a lot of people bashing the MK now that the WKM is available, don't know who to believe.
I'm I the only one who has this issue?
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
Brushless
cdi3d's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
2,032 Posts
Windy settings - I live where the wind blows almost everyday - what kind of gain settings are you guys finding for flying in moderate winds - 10-15mph? I know lots is based on the craft itself I am just looking for the ranges -
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Last edited by cdi3d; Jan 26, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinerebel View Post
Guys, guys, what I asked was which esc I should use for skyjib, orbit 15-20 & WKM? Not which FC I should get!

I've seen & read enough to go for WKM at this time! If I don't like it I will just buy a second MK! My issue with MK is that the aerodrive PB is just too hard to get and I don't like to depend on parts that are so hard to get!

Can anyone just tell me what is the best ESC for pletty 20-15 & WKM???

Cheers
I have the same build as you and I am using HerKules II boards. Andreas Baier is testing them right now and he will tweak the firmware for some issues we are having. If you can wait for a couple of weeks for the new firmware the Herkules is the best for DJI right now.
For the plety 15-20 use APC 13x4 on 4s
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
I have the same build as you and I am using HerKules II boards. Andreas Baier is testing them right now and he will tweak the firmware for some issues we are having. If you can wait for a couple of weeks for the new firmware the Herkules is the best for DJI right now.
For the plety 15-20 use APC 13x4 on 4s
Thanx red,

I ordered 14x4.7 props, was thinking to go for 5s lipos. I want to lift a red epic or scarlet!


What is your total weight!? And what's your flight time!
cinerebel is offline Find More Posts by cinerebel
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ballistic Recovery System for Multirotors Duck! Aerial Photography 65 Feb 26, 2014 09:58 PM
Discussion DJI - WooKong eStab for Scale sidneyw Scale Helicopters 97 Dec 30, 2012 10:48 AM
Discussion FY3ZT Autopilot for Aerial Photography feiyudz Aerial Photography 116 May 07, 2012 04:58 PM
Discussion DJI AceOne autopilot for sale... hazchem88 Aerial Photography 4 Mar 31, 2011 03:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM