HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:53 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,175 Posts
had fun indoors last night:
Hexacopter videography flight at The Crucible (1 min 28 sec)
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:29 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Well, my problem of installing Groundstation on my 64 bit laptop is solved very handily. I just made it a dual boot system and installed Windows 7 32 bit on a 40 gig partition. No problems, works great!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Windows 7 has a program built in, called "xp mode". If you look in "all applications/virtual Pc/xp mode. When you start that, it installs windows xp on a completely separate partition. It is intended for just what you are doing. You install programs on that "virtual machine" that won't run on your 64 bit Win7 machine. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:44 AM
USA, CA, Pollock Pines
Joined Jan 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
Here is my completed build with averticalview camera gimbal.
Test flown a few times now, Still have some wobble though.
I have some new Graupner E-Prop 11x5 on the way to replace my 11x4.7 APC SF, base on RTryder (Ken) advice.
I have my gains turned up a lot 300%

Steven

Could you tell me what the dimensions are for the camera tray on the averticalview gimgal? Thinking about getting one and want to be sure my Nikon D7000 would fit.

Thanks,
Don
bendicks is offline Find More Posts by bendicks
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelillogr View Post
Thanks for that mate. I just check their site and can't figure out what it is what u r talking... could you send me the link?
http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/
VerticalVue is online now Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:02 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined May 2008
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengit View Post
Thanks mate!, sounds good but that is to make WIFI connection with the gopro. WIFI signal can't be very powerful. Maybe could reach 20 meters or so I guess... I was just wondering if anyone knows of any projects in which the people have manage to connect a cable or something and remote control the device?.

Thanks!
angelillogr is offline Find More Posts by angelillogr
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Ran some test with wkm quad and camera mount Based on rtr efficiency test loosing one prop in flight.
I now believe the the wkm flight stabilisation algorithm Is based on the craft having 100% balance weight from Center

From my test I figured out how to balance the cam mount weight evenly with the craft, it flies ok with minimum gain no wobbles.
Then I shift the mount to the right side a bit. This caused wobbles and drifting to the Right.

With the Mk the payload weight Does not have to be evenly places with the craft and fc. The Mk balances out no matter Which side Is heavier.

So to my understanding to get a stable craft with payload one needs to make sure the payload weight is evenly placed including camera weight.

I'll do do some test with a 13prop hexa in a few weeks.

Any one running hexa with 13props?
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:40 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
had fun indoors last night:
http://youtu.be/vGJipUn4Ykw
Very nice and stable I see your time consuming tweaking has paid off.
Vid says you are using panny g3 cam and I believe you also has a gh2. What's you views on both of these cam.
Which one gives you the best video quality?
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:43 AM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
Here is my completed build with averticalview camera gimbal.
Test flown a few times now, Still have some wobble though.
I have some new Graupner E-Prop 11x5 on the way to replace my 11x4.7 APC SF, base on RTryder (Ken) advice.
I have my gains turned up a lot 300%

Steven
Steven is that the XL hexa thanks Tom
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Can someone compare Maytech Harrier Supreme 30A performance with DJI Opto or Turnigy Plush reflashed
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Can some confirm the performance of Maytech Harrier supreme 30A vs Turnigy Plush 30A Vs DJI Opto
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Same exact thing.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:18 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Very nice and stable I see your time consuming tweaking has paid off.
Vid says you are using panny g3 cam and I believe you also has a gh2. What's you views on both of these cam.
Which one gives you the best video quality?
Thanks! I only use the GH2, G3 either is a typo or a youtube add-on. If this rig hasn't made me so broke, I'd certainly own more cameras :-)
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Windows 7 has a program built in, called "xp mode". If you look in "all applications/virtual Pc/xp mode. When you start that, it installs windows xp on a completely separate partition. It is intended for just what you are doing. You install programs on that "virtual machine" that won't run on your 64 bit Win7 machine. -- JOHN
XP mode is only available for the "professional" version of 7, virtual PC is available for home version.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
XP mode is only available for the "professional" version of 7, virtual PC is available for home version.
I have tryed xp mode with i5 2,5 ghz 8gb win7 prof. This is not a alternative, this give very bad 16bit grafic and the performance is slow. I choosed dual boot with xp as the second os. Works great.
Dronenor is offline Find More Posts by Dronenor
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronenor View Post
I have tryed xp mode with i5 2,5 ghz 8gb win7 prof. This is not a alternative, this give very bad 16bit grafic and the performance is slow. I choosed dual boot with xp as the second os. Works great.
Yes, I am also VERY satisfied with the way my dual boot Win 7 32bit system performs.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member