HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dfd View Post
Could someone tell me the typical cause of the toilet bowl affect in the GPS hold position, I know it has been discussed in previous posts that I don't know where to look .

thank you Jerry
I think someone tried a ground plane under the gps and it stopped the toilet bowl effect. A better 3d fix. Not sure who tried this.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
From what I gathered in the manual, this is what the mix should look like to run an x8 with the left front and right rear motor directions reversed from the wkm preset. Does it look right to you?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=4556842&stc=1

Sorry for the late reply I missed that post.

Yes it looks OK except all the values you have as 50% (+and-) should be 100%. Each column should have a max of 100%. In the case of the X configuration the pitch motors are all the same distance from the pitch axis and the roll motors are all the same distance from the roll axis. Hence they should all be 100%.

Test it on the bench with all the props removed. Throttle up to 25% throttle and move the vehicle in each axis. You can hear individual motors speed up and slow down and it should match what you expect.
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Both manuals were the same on rotation. I don't know if it could be my gps calibration or if I'm doing something wrong in the computer software.
bradis86 is offline Find More Posts by bradis86
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,387 Posts
Read them again, the motor numbers are not the same. Good luck.
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradis86 View Post
My transmitter is set up in Airplane Acro mode. I have checked all motors and propellers several times and they are correct. Its weird because Roll seems to be working perfect but pitch is not.
I had a similar problem with the yaw or rudder in Acro Mode on TX.
Touching yaw to the left the craft accelerated a lot at same time that rotate.
Touching to the right did not accelerate... but did not rotate! I got a big crash due to that.

At the end changed to Heli Mode and all controls worked as it was supossed.

I can't remember where I read that it was necessary to be in Acro Mode but it did not worked well for me.

All of you, guys, fly in Acro Mode in your TX setting?
jovito is online now Find More Posts by jovito
Last edited by jovito; Jan 17, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
Smoke me a Kipper
Cedar Grove North Carolina
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrismagnum04 View Post
More fun at the weekend loving this DJI

http://vimeo.com/35105648

Great video
fritzdecat is offline Find More Posts by fritzdecat
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:23 PM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
my day off.
nice day.
a bit bored with my usual flying field.
let's make it count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQZPqJP2sQ
LOL, Chris!! Perfect music for a risky flight and shot... I would have liked to see the face of Captain!!

Jo
jovito is online now Find More Posts by jovito
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:26 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,988 Posts
acro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovito View Post
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Sep 2010
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
acro
Acro here too.
pigsnibble is offline Find More Posts by pigsnibble
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokaz View Post
Great video chris!! very cool

Can you tell what FPV gear you are using.

Fredde
gear is pretty standard fare:
gopro2 hooked up to 900mhz video tx (really dislike the fisheye...can't wait to change that)
fatshark base goggs
sandisk dvr (better/more reliable than my aiptek)
haier 7" lcd

Quote:
LOL, Chris!! Perfect music for a risky flight and shot... I would have liked to see the face of Captain!!

Jo
i don't know about the captain, but people say i make funny faces when i fly fpv (i guess that's what you call full immersion, lol)

i have gotten a few comments saying that i am brave for flying big like that, but i am not. the truth is, i have spent many, many (too many?) hours building different helicopters (starting with a traditional single rotors on glitchy 72mhz). i have made my mistakes and try to learn from them. there are no "good enough" solder joints or wire routing on this build. it is a pain in the ass and i have to force myself to take my time, even do things twice, three times, but i cannot have any doubts when i put this kind of multi in the air. sure, i will throw together a quad for some park flying or to try the FC of the week, but before even contemplating a flight like this, i logged over 50 problem free flights (meaning zero issues, zero crashes, zero w t f's?) and made notes and recorded milestones. i could have gone another 1/2 mile out safely because i had already achieved a 3/4 mile flight. you will notice my flight is just over 3 minutes. i could have loitered around the ship for another 2 minutes safely and still have enough reserve to come home. but i felt i got the footage i needed and yes, there is still pucker factor. if there wasn't, it wouldn't be an adrenaline rush.

so, when i was trolling around the city on my day off and saw that ship in dry dock, i just imagined my field over the water in front of me, knew my Y6 was flight worthy, and i said, "yeah, i can do that."
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,041 Posts
How many guys here are using the voltage failsafe for the Wookong? I have not been using it but might start -

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Yes.
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:36 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,988 Posts
I don't because I don't trust their BEC... but you can remove the red wire and use it as voltage sensing only...

it's working well on my naza but I had to fudge the number so they worked with real numbers I was getting from my telemetry...

I have it set to the LED flashes when I have about one minute left then I set the auto land voltage so low that it will never kick in...

Steve
(-35 deg C tonight... no flying for a week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
How many guys here are using the voltage failsafe for the Wookong? I have not been using it but might start -

Mike
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post

Mike
I am, and I love it. I've tweaked it to 7 minutes of flight time on a 5000MAH 4c battery. (I have a very heavy craft). Works great every time and I use about 80% of the battery.
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:38 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,041 Posts
Scott what kind of tweaking are we talking about - I am getting about 5 minutes on my 10lb'er - Wish I was getting more -
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Last edited by cdi3d; Jan 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM.