HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
I found this Futaba PWM to S-Bus converter: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=FUTM4194 , Is this converter a good solution for djiocto with dx8. If a think right the ports for gimbal will be abel to use with this converter
Dronenor is offline Find More Posts by Dronenor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
Hi.
I have been flying my wookong Hexa with rctimet 3536 and 10x4.5 props with 4s 5000Bat.
If i get the gains high enough to hold position well it oscillates in fast forward flight.
If i lower the gains it gets better but not perfect in ff flight but doesn't hold level in atti it also drifts in GPS mode.
I have on a pot the basic gains going from 150 to 250 to fly well. The atti gains are left around 100.
Any suggestions on tuning?
try lowering your atti gains to smooth the fast forward flying. then just keep the knob handy for your basic gains. Now when I use GPS hold I crank the knob up to to help keep it in place. When I go fly I switch back to atti mode and lower the knob.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:59 AM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronenor View Post
I found this Futaba PWM to S-Bus converter: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=FUTM4194 , Is this converter a good solution for djiocto with dx8. If a think right the ports for gimbal will be abel to use with this converter
Yes it is, works great.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Yes it is, works great.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Alot of money. If they are going to implement the generic PPM sometime soon it might worth waiting...
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
try lowering your atti gains to smooth the fast forward flying. then just keep the knob handy for your basic gains. Now when I use GPS hold I crank the knob up to to help keep it in place. When I go fly I switch back to atti mode and lower the knob.
Thanks,
i will give it a try. Maybe a mix to set preset gains for FF and GPS would be usefull...
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:08 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
Alot of money. If they are going to implement the generic PPM sometime soon it might worth waiting...
I suppose you could look at it that way, but if you're building a DJI X-8 I just don't see $60 bothering me that much. To me, a small investment to use the radio I like best. My opinion only. The last one I did for a friend I put the converter, rx and wires in a shrink tubing wrap and it turned out very neat and tidy.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,478 Posts
Since I have only one dial on my Futaba 7C, which I use for pitch and roll gains, I use a 2 position switch for Atti gains. Low for manual flying in attitude mode, higher for GPS mode.
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
I suppose you could look at it that way, but if you're building a DJI X-8 I just don't see $60 bothering me that much. To me, a small investment to use the radio I like best. My opinion only. The last one I did for a friend I put the converter, rx and wires in a shrink tubing wrap and it turned out very neat and tidy.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Bill,

Are you using this module with your Spektrum radio?
helicoblast is online now Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Bill,

Are you using this module with your Spektrum radio?
Nope, I have an JR 11X and a 9303 2.4 only.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Nope, I have an JR 11X and a 9303 2.4 only.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Thanks!
helicoblast is online now Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:49 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,309 Posts
Did anyone try the latest firmware 5.2?

I flashed it today and got a strange phenomenon: throttle channel was at 50% and I couldn't get it lower. Thought it might be an error in the GUI and tried to arm the motors. They did arm but speeded up to 50%. Couldn't disarm and had to grab it to pull the lipo off.

Went back to 5.22 and everything was fine again. What the heck?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
kinder after doing calibration did you put throttle stick back to the lowest point? or leave it in the middle? I heard this causes problems

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
That S800 Hex w/CF props looks cool but I bet it will be expensive. I like those props.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Mar 2011
383 Posts
Hey Guys, can someone help me with their settings of the av130 in combination with the Wookong. Thank you
killy is offline Find More Posts by killy
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
kinder after doing calibration did you put throttle stick back to the lowest point? or leave it in the middle? I heard this causes problems

Steve
Though the manual asks to center all sticks before clicking "finish" I always pull the throttle back to zero. The hover point is around 50% then - just like it should be.
But with 5.2 it was totally different. I even couldn't calibrate the throttle to lower than 50%.
That's why I was asking if someone already tried the latest & greatest...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member