Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Aug 2009
87 Posts
By the the way, AT&T mode flys like a dream.
WaveV is offline Find More Posts by WaveV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:28 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
876 Posts
I made this video today, it's the building where my office is and used to be an army headquarters.
DJI Wookong M Hexa 2 Tower House in York (3 min 22 sec)
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,321 Posts
Has anybody managed to get the Click and Go software working on a 64 bit machine? I have had no luck with compatability mode. Anyone?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Has anybody managed to get the Click and Go software working on a 64 bit machine? I have had no luck with compatability mode. Anyone?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Bill, DJI Ground Station which includes View, (Click and Go, and now 20 point Waypoints if you purchase those options), only works on 32 bit machines. It is listed on the DJI website. Sorry.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Bill, DJI Ground Station which includes View, (Click and Go, and now 20 point Waypoints if you purchase those options), only works on 32 bit machines. It is listed on the DJI website. Sorry.
Ed, no shift. That's why I was asking?? LOL. Win 7 supports 99.9 percent of 32 bit programs in compatibility mode, but not the DJI Ground Station. It is ridiculous that they would release it in a 32 bit only format, with every new machine release having a 64 bit OS. It isn't a game ender for me, my wife's laptop is 32 bit, it still stinks though.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,430 Posts
Bill, it is what it is. That is why I have an XP Netbook that I use for my multis and helis that require windows only. I like my MAC, but I will not downgrade it and add a windows based program/emulator. Why should I expose myself to its vulnerabilities.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,321 Posts

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I just saw a DJI equipped copter being used in a magic trick on a BBC1 television programme called 'The Magicians'.
There's another dji quad being used on" A question of sport" tonight Monday 10.35 on BBC 1
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Feb 2006
68 Posts
How do I load an older version of firmware

I have a Wookong that's been flying fine. I upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2 (current) and it won't arm or start motors in any mode or combination. It works fine otherwise. Gimbals gimbal, switches work, gets GPS lock, records home point, all led's look normal, it just won't fly.
I took it out and put in another quad, replacing the Naza. Still won't arm. Changed radio's and receiver. Checked endpoints, ect.
Stumped.
R2276B is offline Find More Posts by R2276B
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Bill, it is what it is. That is why I have an XP Netbook that I use for my multis and helis that require windows only. I like my MAC, but I will not downgrade it and add a windows based program/emulator. Why should I expose myself to its vulnerabilities.
Bill it is what it is. Do you understand square peg in round hole. That is what you are trying to do. 32bit only. Not 32bit in emulation mode. Enough said.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
169 Posts
What happened here?

It was a claudy day and the sky was grey - It took the WKM few minutes to acquire all satelites (normally within a minute). Flew the craft in GPS mode up to about 100 feet and hovered. I was yawing the craft and playing with the gimbal tilting to video the surrounding views when I lost control of the craft and it wouldn't respond to my stick anymore but the camera gimbal still works ( I found out when I playback the video) which tells me that the connection between my TX and RX was still connected. Very luckily the craft did RTH safely. I didn't switch to ATT or MANUAL mode when I lost the control of the craft because I was panicking :-( - I would've been able to take the control back if I have done that.

Now my question is, will losing all satelites when flying in GPS mode put it is safe mode?
I tried to replicate the issue to try to get the LED to turn BLUE on the ground without the props by trying different things like shaking the RX, IMU, massaging all the connectors on the RX, Flight control "U" port etc but none of them put it in safe mode except when I turned the TX off.

Maybe I missed something in the manual and need to RTFM again?

Also, what will happen if I am flying in ATT mode and there is no satelites detected and I lose connection between the TX and RX or RX and IMU? will it go to Fail safe and RTH or Hover??
cougar2465 is offline Find More Posts by cougar2465
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:06 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2276B View Post
I have a Wookong that's been flying fine. I upgraded from 5.0 to 5.2 (current) and it won't arm or start motors in any mode or combination. It works fine otherwise. Gimbals gimbal, switches work, gets GPS lock, records home point, all led's look normal, it just won't fly.
I took it out and put in another quad, replacing the Naza. Still won't arm. Changed radio's and receiver. Checked endpoints, ect.
Stumped.
R22768, you say that everything works well but it won't arm. When you upgraded, did you click default in every screen that it was available and then enter your parameters. I am thinking that you need to reenter your data, recallibrate and then try again. I am confused about "records home point". Are you also using Ground Station?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:09 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar2465 View Post
It was a claudy day and the sky was grey - It took the WKM few minutes to acquire all satelites (normally within a minute). Flew the craft in GPS mode up to about 100 feet and hovered. I was yawing the craft and playing with the gimbal tilting to video the surrounding views when I lost control of the craft and it wouldn't respond to my stick anymore but the camera gimbal still works ( I found out when I playback the video) which tells me that the connection between my TX and RX was still connected. Very luckily the craft did RTH safely. I didn't switch to ATT or MANUAL mode when I lost the control of the craft because I was panicking :-( - I would've been able to take the control back if I have done that.

Now my question is, will losing all satelites when flying in GPS mode put it is safe mode?
I tried to replicate the issue to try to get the LED to turn BLUE on the ground without the props by trying different things like shaking the RX, IMU, massaging all the connectors on the RX, Flight control "U" port etc but none of them put it in safe mode except when I turned the TX off.

Maybe I missed something in the manual and need to RTFM again?

Also, what will happen if I am flying in ATT mode and there is no satelites detected and I lose connection between the TX and RX or RX and IMU? will it go to Fail safe and RTH or Hover??
Did you have the Battery monitor on? If so what were your settings? It sounds like you went into level two low battery mode, which is return to home and land. Loosing GPS will only put you into ATTI. If you got a BLUE LEd that does indicate a loss of signal. You did not indicate that in your first paragraph. If you are in ATTI mode you will have satellites, unless you are flying indoors or between buildings. If you are doing that then you need to take extra precautions. The question of what happens if you loose connection when you don't have satellite reception is dependent on what your receiver is capable of. Many can store failsafe settings. I don't know about your set up.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Jan 15, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Feb 2006
68 Posts
I have reinstalled the firmware at least a dozen times, and completely reconfigured each time. I've tried with and without battery monitor, intelligent and normal start, ect. Can I down grade the firmware to an older version?
R2276B is offline Find More Posts by R2276B
Last edited by R2276B; Jan 15, 2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
169 Posts
Quote:
Did you have the Battery monitor on? If so what were your settings? It sounds like you went into level two low battery mode, which is return to home and land. Loosing GPS will only put you into ATTI. If you got a BLUE LEd that does indicate a loss of signal. You did not indicate that in your first paragraph. If you are in ATTI mode you will have satellites, unless you are flying indoors or between buildings. If you are doing that then you need to take extra precautions. The question of what happens if you loose connection when you don't have satellite reception is dependent on what your receiver is capable of. Many can store failsafe settings. I don't know about your set up.
Thanks
I disabled the battery monitor and rely on my TX timer and Voltage alarm on my lipo balance plug and the battery was still quite full when that happened. I didn't notice the LED if its was blinking BLUE or not as I was panicking and quickly unplugged the battery when the craft landed just incase it ran away again :-)
I set up my TX failsafe to switch the FlightMode to FailSafe. Maybe I should also set my laststick possition to hover. The reason I asked this because I fly at the back yard where I can hardly get satellites due to high building around me.

Btw, does the second level low battery mode switch to RTH or just autoland (reduce throttle slowly)? I thought it's just autoland.
cougar2465 is offline Find More Posts by cougar2465