HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:08 PM
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
lol Very funny football I am actually putting an order for my Online store should be up in a week or two as i am also trying to stock esc. as far as me selling the DJI I will try to get a letter from DJI saying that I am legal I am located in Anaheim,CA close to DisneyLand.

have a great weekend everyone

Glen Rineer
Uavrotorking.com is offline Find More Posts by Uavrotorking.com
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
thanks I emailed you Uavrotorking.com

hey do I need to get a decorder for the futaba sbus ?
75football is offline Find More Posts by 75football
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I'd say that's just not true. Just look at all the example videos people have posted where they've simply hard-mounted a GoPro to the frame, and there's virtually none of the telltale "jello" in the video, which is usually an indication that there's a lot of high frequency prop-related vibrations present. With my own setups, I've found that simply balancing the props is all that is needed to eliminate these vibrations. Actually, in my case, switching to GWS 9x5x3 3-bladed props not only got rid of the vibrations, it drastically reduced the noise as well. It's almost a "whisper" mode.

-- Gary
Gary, That's interesting, I was wondering how the 3-blade props would work. Would you recommend them for a 7 pound hexa like mine? I may try those!

Scott
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Upgraded the software/firmware today. Briefly tested the Home Lock, but the winds were 15+ mph and gusty so could only test for a few minutes. So far the upgrade looks good.

Did anyone else notice that the Vertical Gain will only go to 250% now. Can't go any higher? I had it at 260 before the upgrade.
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman View Post
It's floating on 3 layer of foam at the moment. It's working perfect at ATTI mode, do you think it will not work as well in GPS mode?
From what I have been told, the imu should be a solid mount with 2 sided tape, not any kind of foam. Don't ask me why, but I did the same with my imu the first time around and had white flashes all the time, after I used the tape I had less white flashes.
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:37 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
Hello all,does anyone know if it is possible to change the motor directions for the x8 configuration? The way the wkm runs an x8 is all top motors go counterclockwise, bottom motors clockwise. I am putting slightly larger motors on the bottom of my x8 and was hoping to reverse the directions of the front left and right rear motors to avoid any torque issues that might arise from having slightly more powerful motors on the bottom. Can this be customized in the motor mixer screen? Anyone know how? Thanks and cheers!
Anyone have a good starting point for a custom motor mix for this? I would be forever grateful!
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
Norge, Sogn og Fjordane, Skjolden
Joined Apr 2009
56 Posts
Quote:
From what I have been told, the imu should be a solid mount with 2 sided tape, not any kind of foam. Don't ask me why, but I did the same with my imu the first time around and had white flashes all the time, after I used the tape I had less white flashes.
I have had some times where i have had white flashes.
I made a canopy of a big plastic cup and rapped it with aluminium foil. It covers all the electronics but not the gps antenna. I have been flying some time with this canopy and I have not seen white flashes once after I made this canopy.
It also takes much less time to get more then 7 satellites after I power it up.
Sauen is offline Find More Posts by Sauen
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:19 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I think you are confusing the 2 as there is a HUGE diff. Almost all manufacturers set a MAP(Minimum Advertised Price)and do not allow dealers to sell below that price.
MAP and the minimum price are two very different things alright

MAP is the lowest price a dealer can ADVERTISE a product at, NOT the lowest price a dealer can SELL a product at
As soon as a manufacturers dictates what the minimum price a product can be sold at is, that's price fixing and is illegal over here, and yes it does allow big businesses to screw little one's
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
860 Posts
Quad Copter Settings Poll

I'm interested in taking a poll to see what settings people are using that are flying QUAD copters that have a total flying weight, (including battery, camera, mount, etc.), of around 5 pounds or around 2.3 to 2.3 kg. Please include motor to motor distance and firmware version with your settings and notate if these setting are for both calm & windy conditions or if you use separate settings for each.

I also think it might be interesting to get a rough chart together of settings broken down by number of props & total weight of the copters along with their firmware versions and see what it shows. I understand that different motors & ESC’s also contribute to differences in settings, but IF there is a pattern in number of props & total weight it may be an easy way to help people get their copters dialed in quicker.

Just a thought,
Tom
tkeeg is online now Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:54 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Been using 3M double sided tape here from day 1. No problemo.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:12 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Gary, You've put a lot of time in on working on you camera gimbal mount. It seems like you favor "Savox" as servos to use. What model number would you recommend as replacements on my "RcCarbon" gimbal mount? My camera weighs 350 grams. Any suggestions would be appreciated -- JOHN
Didn't get an answer from Gary "GGoodrum". Does anyone else have a recommendation for gimbal servo. What is the most important? Higher speed or stronger torque? Or not on either end of the spectrum, and just something in the middle? -- Thanks, JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Didn't get an answer from Gary "GGoodrum". Does anyone else have a recommendation for gimbal servo. What is the most important? Higher speed or stronger torque? Or not on either end of the spectrum, and just something in the middle? -- Thanks, JOHN
Sorry, I missed your other post. In my mind, speed is probably more important than torque, especially if your mount has >2:1 reduction. I look for high-res/12-bit digitals that have 60-degree speeds <= .1sec. the Savox full-size servos are 12-bit, as are most of the higher-end Hitecs and Align versions. the mini-size, which is common in many gimbals, especially for the tilt axis, are usually 10-bit, still better than the standard 8-bit electronics, but not quite as good as the 12-bit variety. With a belt drive reduction, however, this is a bit less important. For direct-drive, I wouldn't use anything less than 12-bit.

There is one fairly new mini that manages to get the higher res, and that is the Hyperion DS16. Andrey (Askman....) and I are using these on our new Naza/F450 GoPro 2-axis gimbal. We program them to work a full 180 degrees and we adjust the deadband to "fit" the Naza/WK-M gimbal outputs.

One other thing to keep in mind is that some servos have different number of teeth in the output splines. If your mount currently has Hitecs, I'd stick with Hitec. If it has Futaba, Align and most others, you can use Hyperon, Futaba, Savox or Align.

What is your mount? What is in there now?

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Actually, in my case, switching to GWS 9x5x3 3-bladed props not only got rid of the vibrations, it drastically reduced the noise as well. It's almost a "whisper" mode.
Are you for REAL?
Any more prop blades than just ONE reduces efficiency and creates drag and noise. How you managed to get THREE blades to make less noise AND increase efficiency? Must be that magical DJI stuff everyone in this thread has been smoking. Coupled with ESCs with 400Hz label on them.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Quote:
This is an interesting subject. The WKM I just installed came supplied with double sided foam tape (same as the one FYTech and Gaui supply), so I used that to mount the IMU and MC.

On the short test flight before handing over to the customer, it seemed fine in ATTI mode. AM keen to know if there are any problems with this mounting and if there is a better option.

Frame was the flamewheel.
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
710 Posts
Which factors affect the dreaded toilet bowl effect the most?

my wk-m is flying nicely, except for GPS hold and autolanding. I know there must be other people out there experiencing the same circling pattern. I've tried different CG values, gains, etc... and still can't seem to make it stop.

So, is the overshooting mostly caused by GPS interference (I'm using the shortest mast), incorrect CG values (my Z value is negative currently), improper gains...etc...

I really wish there was some datalogging capabilities with the WK-M so it wouldn't feel like shooting in the dark.
chris24g is online now Find More Posts by chris24g