HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
No one here uses single waypoint ?

Also - I don't have sbus receiver but I have PPM output receiver, Can WKM talk PPM ?
No PPM but sidneyw did say they are working on it some time ago Tom
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:01 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavrotorking.com View Post
I dicuss this with DJI we buy from a dealer that is an actual dealer so they are ok with this please talk with DJI and confirm this. but I am surprise that cnchelicopter.com is not a dealer they are one of the best shops around.
I answered your PM and explained to you the reason behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950 View Post
No PPM but sidneyw did say they are working on it some time ago Tom
And it would be done soon after Chinese New Year. "Some time ago" is about 4 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
That seems a bit off
Surely the items were manufactured by yourselves and initially shipped out to one of your official dealers in the network by yourselves (how else would they get them ?)

Trying to block up leaks in your chain of dealers by penalising legitimate customers is wrong

I assume that this attitude is born from DJI's desire to control pricing ?
Yes, DJI is controlling pricing. I am not going to allow a U.S. 2nd tier reseller to jeopardize our U.K. dealers who work hard and pay local taxes.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sidneyw; Jan 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:07 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,091 Posts
ok so likely it's the baro sensor... sounds like it stuck "on" maybe...

try re-installing firmware and ensure your altitude number is 100 not accidentally zero....

failing that I would say your baro is toast.

I assume you did not seal the box in some air tight container right?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maljonic View Post
Just tried it now, manual is okay, but in other modes it seems to want to lower itself all the time in stages. Say if I go up to 20 feet the power will drop a bit for a second and it lowers by 3 feet or so then powers up a bit again... then powers down a bit and drops another few feet etc, until it gets all the way down to the ground. Plus it seems really week on take off, so I have to push the stick further than usual to get it to leave the ground.

In manual mode, however, it flies as expected.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:32 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
That seems a bit off
Surely the items were manufactured by yourselves and initially shipped out to one of your official dealers in the network by yourselves (how else would they get them ?)

Trying to block up leaks in your chain of dealers by penalising legitimate customers is wrong

I assume that this attitude is born from DJI's desire to control pricing ?
Blocking up leaks in your chain of dealers ultimately protects the consumer. Keeps us from buying stuff with no support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
It is utterly amateurish behaviour on their (DJI's) side to even discuss/handle such internal things (who is distributor/dealer and who's not) on a public forum. What a pistolero menthality against this new (?) dealer. Incredible. Do the Chinese DJI guys really approve such business practices or do they simply not know what's going on in this thread?

Agreed, this should not be on the forum, but what the hell.. there's more dirty laundry on this forum than a cat hoarder has cat poop.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
It is utterly amateurish behaviour on their (DJI's) side to even discuss/handle such internal things (who is distributor/dealer and who's not) on a public forum. What a pistolero menthality against this new (?) dealer. Incredible. Do the Chinese DJI guys really approve such business practices or do they simply not know what's going on in this thread?
When a 2nd tier reseller is low balling price to cut another authorized dealer openly, that is the only way. I am a Chinese American guy, far from Croatia and don't know much about how business is conducted, or any products made in Croatia. But, I like to see if I can get a distributor there.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2006
68 Posts
How about this scenario: Say I'm an RC guy who doesn't read any forums. I buy a DJI product off the Internet after I read all the marketing hype on all the vendor sites.
A month later, I need customer support, the vendor I purchased it from flakes, 'cause he's not on your list of approved vendors and you won't support product he sells, and I contact DJI on the web for service.
If I understand you correctly you're saying I'm out of luck for any factory support because I unknowingly bought it from a dealer not on the list?
R2276B is offline Find More Posts by R2276B
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,091 Posts
r227 you are out of luck anyway.. both me and my friend have contacted DJI tech support (or tried to) in the past with no response (after many attempts and complaining I got extreemly weak support)... and we bought from reputable dealers...

your only recourse it seems is with the dealers.... so pick one that has been around a while.

Steve
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:06 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
My Aerial video of Audley End House shot with a GoPro this afternoon. This video is raw other then being cut down in length. One of my better results so far, I have 2 mounts and I get the best results hard mounting it! Go figure! lol, Anyway still some way to go! I hope you enjoy!

Aerial Video of Audley End House shot with a GoPro Hero 2 (3 min 14 sec)

This house is about 15 mins drive away from me and is well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in the area!

"The House

Walk through the massive front door into a very special historic house. Audley End house is a spectacular Jacobean mansion and one of the great sights of East Anglia.

Behind the architecture, furniture and furnishings is the story of Audley End and its successive owners from Thomas Audley, Lord Chancellor to Henry VIII in the mid 16th century, through earls and kings, to the Neville Family in the 19th and 20th centuries.
A great Great Hall

Every great house has a great hall and Audley End is no exception. Look for the ornate carving on the wooden screen - used to hide the servants from the gentry. The Great Hall dates from the building of the house in the early 17th century and rises through two storeys. Look for the ornate carving on the Jacobean oak screen carved with grotesque masks and pairs of male and female half figures. The screen used to hide the servants from their masters." http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/d...gardens/house/
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
r227 you are out of luck anyway.. both me and my friend have contacted DJI tech support (or tried to) in the past with no response (after many attempts and complaining I got extreemly weak support)... and we bought from reputable dealers...

your only recourse it seems is with the dealers.... so pick one that has been around a while.

Steve
1) Don't buy from eBay.
2) From a reputable dealer, you will always get good support. Dealers make profit to support the end customers.
3) Complaining here or to the dealer is the question. + there is a support phone number.

Lastly, about hobbyists who don't read forums are rare nowadays. If we are not doing well at tech-support from manufacturer end, we try to improve. If you don't name dealers who don't have good support, you are allowing the dealers to get away too easily. To make us both win/win is to 1) contact the dealers locally first, 2) contact dji-support & let us know the dealer you purchased the product from. 3) complain at the public forums.

Most manufacturers don't show up in forums consistently. We do try if not more than others.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
My Aerial video of Audley End House shot with a GoPro this afternoon. This video is raw other then being cut down in length. One of my better results so far, I have 2 mounts and I get the best results hard mounting it! Go figure! lol, Anyway still some way to go! I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhNUNGay0r4

This house is about 15 mins drive away from me and is well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in the area!

"The House

Walk through the massive front door into a very special historic house. Audley End house is a spectacular Jacobean mansion and one of the great sights of East Anglia.

Behind the architecture, furniture and furnishings is the story of Audley End and its successive owners from Thomas Audley, Lord Chancellor to Henry VIII in the mid 16th century, through earls and kings, to the Neville Family in the 19th and 20th centuries.
A great Great Hall

Every great house has a great hall and Audley End is no exception. Look for the ornate carving on the wooden screen - used to hide the servants from the gentry. The Great Hall dates from the building of the house in the early 17th century and rises through two storeys. Look for the ornate carving on the Jacobean oak screen carved with grotesque masks and pairs of male and female half figures. The screen used to hide the servants from their masters." http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/d...gardens/house/

Nice work, David.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:18 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,091 Posts
just so we are all on the same page I agree 100% with what you are saying sidney other than the fact your email support is not as good as it could be

I think DJI is doing a good job technically and slowly adopting some of our requests... which is awesome.

Steve
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammysho View Post
Hey Slidins
Thanks for that, been in touch with Robert - DJI USA and we've worked out a solution, real glad I purchased mine from Robert as his after sales service is excellent.
I had a similar problem with my GPS (see previous posts) and just to let everyone know, Robert is on top of it.
Rkopf is offline Find More Posts by Rkopf
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:29 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Nice work, David.
Thanks Sidney!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2276B View Post
How about this scenario: Say I'm an RC guy who doesn't read any forums. I buy a DJI product off the Internet after I read all the marketing hype on all the vendor sites.
A month later, I need customer support, the vendor I purchased it from flakes, 'cause he's not on your list of approved vendors and you won't support product he sells, and I contact DJI on the web for service.
If I understand you correctly you're saying I'm out of luck for any factory support because I unknowingly bought it from a dealer not on the list?
That policy is pretty standard for all electronics. If you buy a gray market Canon or Nikon camera they will not honor the warranty. It is written in the stuff we all never read when we buy a camera.
milo12 is offline Find More Posts by milo12
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:26 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhNUNGay0r4

"The House

A great Great Hall

Enjoyed that TG and a Beautiful location too. Was you using FPV? That looked like a pretty long run at the beginning.
The new Gopro produces nice vid. Might have to chop in my old Gopro.

The weather was great today. Had a chance to to get two lipo worth of flying.
Using the Panasonic TZ7 locked off. Its an OK camera for pics but not so good for vid.
This is the raw footage, just edited to a couple of minutes.

DJI Wookong M. X650 and Panasonic TZ7 (2 min 18 sec)
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC