HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:21 PM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
Guys

I have a woo Kong FC and finishing a HEXA. Five of the motors start on a instant that I arm the motor, there's one most of the time don't start till about 10% throttle. Sometime they all start together. But do notice, they will stop together.

I also just did the first start up with props and all mixing seems right, but that one prop have a much lower rpm in low throttle, I am afraid to push the throttle any further and the craft might tip over.

Should this be a concern?? I have calibrated the throttle range for all 6 esc the best that I can.
quadman is offline Find More Posts by quadman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:38 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,073 Posts
What ESC's are you using?

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:01 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,073 Posts
Just finished uploading a flight from today - All is good in the Wookong World - GPS is rock solid - And the Wookong - Well - I will let you be the judge - Should have named it WooHooKong - Definitely the best FC I have ever flown hands down. I think it is a keeper - GoPro is hard mounted and the footage has no stabilization added - Straight from the Gopro - Still need a few more test flights before I fully trust it - But so far so good -
X468HD and Wookong-M (5 min 6 sec)
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:16 PM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
Hobbywings 60A, all ESC calibrated for throttle range. I actually did a few test flight, it actually worked with out problem. Just need be a little careful on take off.
quadman is offline Find More Posts by quadman
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Just finished uploading a flight from today - All is good in the Wookong World - GPS is rock solid - And the Wookong - Well - I will let you be the judge - Should have named it WooHooKong - Definitely the best FC I have ever flown hands down. I think it is a keeper - GoPro is hard mounted and the footage has no stabilization added - Straight from the Gopro - Still need a few more test flights before I fully trust it - But so far so good -
http://vimeo.com/34813833
Looks good. They are a sight to see when everything works. I was watching your led and at the 0:14 mark, you get multiple flashes of white light? It did stop but I was checking the manual and the leds indicate attitude staus bad. Any idea what this indication is for? Does it activate with oscillations? That led can tell you a lot.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
We got the product CD on friday morning : that's not the problem.
My local reseller is very good and was very helpful.. He did what he could with the information he had.
Ok.. then I will tell the story again.
After the install of the product CD and rebooting the computer, I got this message "permission denied" (you can see it on the screenshot)...
This message is not in the manual.
I closed the ground station software and opened the assistant software.
On the assistant software, with the about menu, I checked the activation numbers (see the screenshot) . The functions activation status show that "view option" is disabled.
Then I understood that I had to ask for an activation number.
I sent a mail to DJI support with the "info" screenshot giving all the serial numbers needed for identification and the screenshot of the ground station with the error message.
Here is my mail to DJI support :

"Hi,
I puchased datalink for WKM.. the serial number is attached...
thanks
Fred"
I got this answer :
"Hi Fred:
If you want to use WKM view, pls go to DJI update firmware to 4.22, then you can use WKM view directly. If you want to use single waypiont, you need puchase activation code, pls contact your dealer, they know the process.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dajiang Innovation Technology Co. Ltd.

6/F, HKUST SZ IER Building, No.9, Yuexing 1st Rd.,
South District, Hi-Tech Park, Shenzhen, 518057, Guangdong, China
Tel: 0086-755-2665-6677
Sales ext 201、202、203
Fax: 0086-755-8306-7370
info@dji-innovations.com"

the guy didn't read my info screenshot : it shows that I'm already in 4.22. And nothing about the fact that the functions activation status show that "view option" is disabled. I had also no help on the error message shown on the ground station screenshot.
Then I answered and posted my screenshots again.
Here is my answer :
"I'm in 4.22 and I get the message "permission denied".. you can see the screen attached..."
then, I didn't get any answer. My reseller did the same procedure and did not get any usable answer either...

ps : the sn are hidden on the "info" screenshot for security reason.. the one sent to DJI had not hidden sn...
Have you got answear, I have exactly the same issue?
Dronenor is offline Find More Posts by Dronenor
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:00 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman View Post
Guys

I have a woo Kong FC and finishing a HEXA. Five of the motors start on a instant that I arm the motor, there's one most of the time don't start till about 10% throttle. Sometime they all start together. But do notice, they will stop together.

I also just did the first start up with props and all mixing seems right, but that one prop have a much lower rpm in low throttle, I am afraid to push the throttle any further and the craft might tip over.

Should this be a concern?? I have calibrated the throttle range for all 6 esc the best that I can.
Quadman,
Read my post about this same issue in this other thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post20371549 . My post is # 1250 on that page. It may help you.
Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Looks good. They are a sight to see when everything works. I was watching your led and at the 0:14 mark, you get multiple flashes of white light? It did stop but I was checking the manual and the leds indicate attitude staus bad. Any idea what this indication is for? Does it activate with oscillations? That led can tell you a lot.
Not sure I will have to research it more -
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:06 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronenor View Post
Have you got answear, I have exactly the same issue?
You have to go back to your reseller and get a new SN. Once you input that into WKM Assistant, it will enable the Ground Station. If you open the Assistant, you will see what I saying in the Info tab on the lower left quadrant.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:46 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,062 Posts
After swapping out the WKM on my small quad for a Naza I then did a swap of the MK electronics on another hex in my fleet for the WKM, here's the result...

A lot more agile and responsive than it was with the MK stack, it also holds altitude a lot better while GPS performance is about the same. I may swap the main WKM bits over from the CineStar 6 so I can use the datalink with Click and Go waypoint on the AD6, I'd rather not do anymore testing with the CS since I just got done repairing it from the events of last week.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
After swapping out the WKM on my small quad for a Naza I then did a swap of the MK electronics on another hex in my fleet for the WKM, here's the result...

A lot more agile and responsive than it was with the MK stack, it also holds altitude a lot better while GPS performance is about the same. I may swap the main WKM bits over from the CineStar 6 so I can use the datalink with Click and Go waypoint on the AD6, I'd rather not do anymore testing with the CS since I just got done repairing it from the events of last week.
Looks good. If those motors are Axi 2217/20 then I have the exact same setup. Once you get it or if you have it dialed in can you post your settings please?
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:08 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Looks good. If those motors are Axi 2217/20 then I have the exact same setup. Once you get it or if you have it dialed in can you post your settings please?
The motors are Pulso 2814-22, it's a heavy lift version. Still working on the settings, haven't quite found the sweet spot yet, I think part of the problem is I'm not carrying enough weight to properly load the motors and props.

As long as I've been flying this frame I've never really liked the Pulsos all that much, I may change them for something else if I can't find gain settings that make it fly like I know a WKM can.

Right now basic pitch and roll are at about 300 with ATTI on TX slider with a range of 40 to 100%. I think I have yaw and vertical around 200 each. Works fairly well but have to keep moving the ATTI slider if there's any wind. I had the basic pitch and roll down as low as 180 but it looked and flew like it was suspended on bungee cords that way, the higher gains work much better overall.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:18 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdemon View Post
I managed to keep the GPS antenna inside the dome with very good results IMO: cold start in 1' and hot start in about 10"
I have two level of shielding: one between ESCs and electronics and another under the GPS
Pierluigi
The third image kind of reminds me of Doris in "Meet the Robinsons".

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:29 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,073 Posts
Quote:
The motors are Pulso 2814-22, it's a heavy lift version. Still working on the settings, haven't quite found the sweet spot yet, I think part of the problem is I'm not carrying enough weight to properly load the motors and props.

As long as I've been flying this frame I've never really liked the Pulsos all that much, I may change them for something else if I can't find gain settings that make it fly like I know a WKM can.

Right now basic pitch and roll are at about 300 with ATTI on TX slider with a range of 40 to 100%. I think I have yaw and vertical around 200 each. Works fairly well but have to keep moving the ATTI slider if there's any wind. I had the basic pitch and roll down as low as 180 but it looked and flew like it was suspended on bungee cords that way, the higher gains work much better overall.
Wow - That seems high to me and not that there is anything wrong with yours numbers since each is different - - I am running at 130 across the top - 110 on verticle gain and 75 on attit. Mine seem to be flying great - but also overpowered. Great looking unit
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:39 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
And this is what makes me angry. In my eyes its an absolute must to be able to adjust the gains during flight to adopt to different conditions payloads etc. Now getting additional features like IOC and already existing like gimbal control i can forget about using them because WKM just doesnt provide the channels. Even for me as S-bus user i cant since there are no virtual channels left, although the s-bus RX can handle it and our radio also.

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA