HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:21 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Can one of you enlighten me in the new 5.0 lock corse lock home features ? they are controlled over x2, thus i loose x2 for remote gain trimming ? Is there a reason why s-bus users cant have it all ? Compass lock features gain trimming and camera gimbal control ? S-bus users have enough channels or should the non s-bus users not feel bad ?

Thanks

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:28 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Can one of you enlighten me in the new 5.0 lock corse lock home features ? they are controlled over x2, thus i loose x2 for remote gain trimming ? Is there a reason why s-bus users cant have it all ? Compass lock features gain trimming and camera gimbal control ? S-bus users have enough channels or should the non s-bus users not feel bad ?

Thanks

Boris
The way it seems to work for me is, Course lock went onto x-2, I moved remote gain to x-3 and have to turn off manual gimball control from x-3. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:33 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
The way it seems to work for me is, Coarse lock went onto x-2, I moved remote gain to x-3 and have to turn off manual gimball control from x-3. -- JOHN
Ah okay so if i am used to controlling basic gain and attitude gain with X2 and X3, and i want the lock features bad luck at the moment hmmmm to bad
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:45 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
795 Posts
Quote:
Ah okay so if i am used to controlling basic gain and attitude gain with X2 and X3, and i want the lock features bad luck at the moment hmmmm to bad
You can actually put both the gain and the lock onto x-2 and they both work. But when you change one, it also changes the other. Maybe somehow you can have it when lock is in off position, that the gain is close to what you want. then you can still adjust the gain up to the midpoint when the lock would become activated. Or something ??? It make my head hurt. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:48 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
You can actually put both the gain and the lock onto x-2 and they both work. But when you change one, it also changes the other. Maybe somehow you can have it when lock is in off position, that the gain is close to what you want. then you can still adjust the gain up to the midpoint when the lock would become activated. Or something ??? It make my head hurt. -- JOHN
no worries my question is answered, one as to sacrifice one or the other which is a bummer. Would actually like to have it all since s-bus and the channels given and the radio could handle it all. Gain both remote and gimbal control and lock features to bad. Thanks
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:15 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,330 Posts
Quote:
no worries my question is answered, one as to sacrifice one or the other which is a bummer. Would actually like to have it all since s-bus and the channels given and the radio could handle it all. Gain both remote and gimbal control and lock features to bad. Thanks
+1 there are enough knobs on our controllers, that I too would really like X2 X3 or gains, then some virtual control channels for gimbal tilt and other controls.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Wow, thanks for all the kudos, I wasn't expecting that. It's an hd gopro, not the 2, in 720/60fps. I used the youtube video editor to smooth it, but frankly the original wasn't much different. Just a wee bit shakier, not bad at all. Wind was 6-9 mph, shot in Andersonville, GA. Stock XA gopro mount & servos, with the camera mounted with velcro and 1/4" foam rubber between the mount and camera.
Disclaimer- I have been doing this for less than ten total flights with video.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
You should post the raw video also.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe ed View Post
i am an early adopter. Mine was one of the first shipped out. I have had zero problems and have spent many hours here trying to help others get theirs to work like mine does. I will say that most of the issues here are either set up or pilot errors. When i make a mistake i admit it. It seems that there are a few here that are unwilling to take the time to discover what the actual issue is and correct it. It is a lot easier to blame dji and sidney than fix the problem. I am not a dji fanboy. My system works and works better than my mk.

There are a few here that have posted that haven't even read the manual through and understand what it says. Get off your a$$ and become a student of your sport. Don't expect the rest of us to spoon feed you the information we have had to learn and you are unwilling to dig for. We are willing to help but do your homework first. Understand the fc and your transmitter/receiver. Learn how to program your esc's.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes the quality of the questions and the response to the help gets me. This is supposed to be fun. So go have some.
+1
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Nov 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Here's a vid I shot yesterday of the pond here with a little water in it now. I'm really happy with my DJI! XA X-650, old style, XA camera mount.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wmPeotaKbw
Oh... my... gosh....

I MUST HAVE THIS!!!!!
brianshell is offline Find More Posts by brianshell
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Hi
I yet have to investigate but my quad flipped and crashed two times with this new firmware. Has anyone also found some issues
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:15 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq_niaZ View Post
Hi
I yet have to investigate but my quad flipped and crashed two times with this new firmware. Has anyone also found some issues
flipped on take off or flipped in flight?
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:53 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
I have fairly just managed to program my TGY9X for Nav options and do the first test flights and the new firmware brings out more programing! As the manual says that the Course Lock should not be used with a 2 position switch, I'm wondering if the right thing to do is to reprogram the nav control for a 2 position switch (I'm only using ATTI so far and don't have plans to use manual so soon) and program the course lock to the only 3 position switch of TGY9X (aux 3)?

And If someone that is really good on programing the TGY9X is willing to share his programing set for the new DJI firmware, I would be very very thank full too!

I like the 9X for the low cost and all the upgrade possibilities, but never really understood the programing architecture with all that different nomenclatures that makes it look very confusing for me!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:10 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Here's the foam mount. IMO, it made a BIG difference in the video. I just noticed, I didn't say- The gimbal is controlled by the DJI WKM, and powered by an old original UBEC 6v.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Nice dude,

What kind of setting are you using in the Autopilot Setting ?
Basic Gains
Attitude Gains

Then I have the same Camera Mount, can you tell me if you did some tweaks in the Gimbal Gains too?

Really the result is awsome.. it's one of the best aerial video WITH fixed focus point. I see that the Quad shake a little but the Camera Stabilization and the post producing seems to be a magic.
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:42 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank.T View Post
Frustrated of the bad weather I decided to test the DJI on MK frame in house.

The red led is flashing because there is no GPS fix. For the rest it flies stable.

http://youtu.be/ck8wRSlOSN0

//Frank

I wanted to see it outside so I took it outside regardless of the hard wind:

DJI first outside flight (4 min 41 sec)
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:59 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,737 Posts
Just fun flying in park

2012-01-07 quadcopter fun flying (2 min 51 sec)

Jakub
Jakub J is online now Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor