HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:36 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Nice lil shed you you got there. Too bad mine lost its roof last week in the 100mph wind.
Yes think I've been lucky as there has been a lot of carnage, around but got away with-it, just a wobbly fence panel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisouck View Post
Could you explain ......
It's a Rud - Rud mix I did take a photo of this setting and posted a few pages back, if you need help just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
topgear and Harrismagnum. Nice videos.
Cheers Paul
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:38 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrismagnum04 View Post
I have had some great tests of redundancy in the last few days, lost a prop completely and didnt even notice until i landed. A lady walking her dog came over with it. I then had a prop snap in flight, the octo started vibrating obviously so I landed with not problem, I also had a motor wire come off due to my bad soldering. Every time I had no problems landing and in fact in the case of the prop coming off I still caried on filming, the first part of this film with the Kayaks in was filmed with a Dex quad and Gaui FC the second part 1.56 on is with octo and DJI both on pretty windy days no camera stabilisation http://vimeo.com/34442210
Great video there!
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:10 AM
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Värmdö
Joined Mar 2011
119 Posts
Hello

Flew my wookong hexa for a few days ago and it flew really nice. Yesterday in first lift off it wants to drift a lot to the right roll. I do a lot of sub trims to the left roll and then it flew good again. But does anyone know that went wrong?
The ground I started on was not completely straight, it leaned a little to the right when I hooked up the batteries. Fredde
Tokaz is offline Find More Posts by Tokaz
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:49 AM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_luS...ature=youtu.be
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
ESC throttle calibrated wrong.
Fast beep means its receiving signal way out of bounds to what it was calibrated to. Wookong sends ~960?us as 'stop' pulse, you might want to trim throttle down a bit or use a servo tester to calibrate outputs exactly 1000..2000us
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
the trim is all the way down when I calibrate servo.

I dont have any servo tester!
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
Some one should have mention that all TRIM was supposed to be in center !
problem solved.... as I said before, it must have been some small text in the manual that I had missed.

thanx timecop for solving the problem :-)

Flying was OK..
-25 Degree Celsius outside, so I`m only flying inside for testing.

Anyway, it felt like I could add some more gain on the roll\pitch ?
It was very sensitive on the sticks, and when I hold it in my hand hovering, I could easy turn it.
This is usual ?

sorry to ask , but I have only used GU controller before, and that one was rock stable hovering in air!
Last edited by liteglow; Jan 07, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Hi
When I start the motors the motors spin at different rate in attitude or manual mode in the beginning. Is it ok. I upgraded the firmware to 2.0 and 5.0. The quad flipped two times.
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkopf View Post
Hi,

Quick question...

I had someone help me build this and does this picture look OK to people? Those are the receiver antenna wires tucked in a zip tie on top of one of the ESCs

Thanks
I've had no problems with my antenna cable similar to this. But it wouldn't hurt to put space between the cable and the carbon like tony said.

But don't get too crazy about it. Unless your in a full carbon sailplane shell, futaba is pretty solid.
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:48 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
Some one should have mention that all TRIM was supposed to be center!

sorry to ask , but I have only used GU controller before, and that one was rock stable hovering in air!
Basic RC dude, center everything, clear mixes, curves, etc. when starting any new model.

Do you have any expo setup that might be causing the fast rates and twitchy feeling?
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
Ground Station Virus detected

Hi, first I have a hexa with dji wk, it flyes perfect with dslr and gopro mounted together. I have also byed a Ground Station. When I try to install it on a computer with Window7 and AVG virus controll, it detects virus in groundstation.exe. I have tryed o instal on several computers. Is there someone else have got the same issue?
Dronenor is offline Find More Posts by Dronenor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:06 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I use Norton and Avira, don't have the issue. AVG definitions might treat a non-threat file as virus. Disable AVG to install.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:11 AM
Who dares wins
Deutschland, HE, Nidderau
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Please discover the next functions by reading the manual like us idiots do as it would be a pity to see you nominated for the next Darwin Awards.
Guide me to the place in the manual where it read "arming motors will start motors." - I didn't found anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Oh, and gute Besserung... immer wieder schön wenn der Schmerz nachlässt, isn't it?

Bernd
freebyte is offline Find More Posts by freebyte
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:18 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
I use Norton and Avira, don't have the issue. AVG definitions might treat a non-threat file as virus. Disable AVG to install.
Hi Sidney, Just sent you an email, if you could let us know if you got it.. Cheers
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
If this is a real virus, it may be dangerous, but I will try to take a chance
Dronenor is offline Find More Posts by Dronenor