HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:45 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,918 Posts
Liteglow. Whether you realize it or not you are in failsafe and your motors will not arm until you fix that. On your three position switch, when you switch between M,A and GPS are they highlighted in Blue? If not you need to first adjust the sub trim for the A to get it blue and then you end points for the M and GPS. Show us a video of your Tx Cali screen as you move the three position switch and your sticks. That way we can tell that you have not reversed a channel and have your switch set up correctly.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Liteglow. Whether you realize it or not you are in failsafe and your motors will not arm until you fix that. On your three position switch, when you switch between M,A and GPS are they highlighted in Blue? If not you need to first adjust the sub trim for the A to get it blue and then you end points for the M and GPS. Show us a video of your Tx Cali screen as you move the three position switch and your sticks. That way we can tell that you have not reversed a channel and have your switch set up correctly.

I can give you a video (tomorrow) ..
But I am not in FS mode !

On GUI I did adjust from my radio so each point is in perfect match on GPS, ATT, and Manual mode (they all work from the switch) perfect blue.

Also after that I configure FAIL SAFE point in GUI from my Radio.
So when I turn OFF radio, I can see on GUI that the slider move from GPS\ATT\M and to FS ! perfectly as it should.

Also, when turning everything ON.
I can see the red flashing lights switch from red\yellow\purple (think that was correct) when I switch on the 3 different modes on my radio.

So nope I am NOT in FS mode..

I know (think) what the problem is, but I dont know how to fix it!!
If you had read my other post, my theory is that every ESC is calibrated reversed !!
And that will make the esc think that the endpoint from DJI is actually 100% throttle !!?

There should be a reverse\normal setting in DJI GUI, but this have no affect!

thank you
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,379 Posts
Any mixes on your radio that you may not be aware of? It's probably staring you in the face. One of those can't see the forest for the trees. Get some sleep and start fresh tomorrow.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
Hi,

Quick question...

I had someone help me build this and does this picture look OK to people? Those are the receiver antenna wires tucked in a zip tie on top of one of the ESCs

Thanks
Rkopf is offline Find More Posts by Rkopf
Last edited by Rkopf; Mar 11, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:51 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post

On GUI I did adjust from my radio so each point is in perfect match on GPS, ATT, and Manual mode (they all work from the switch) perfect blue.

So when I turn OFF radio, I can see on GUI that the slider move from GPS\ATT\M and to FS ! perfectly as it should.

I can see the red flashing lights switch from red\yellow\purple (think that was correct) when I switch on the 3 different modes on my radio.

If you had read my other post, my theory is that every ESC is calibrated reversed !!
And that will make the esc think that the endpoint from DJI is actually 100% throttle !!?

thank you
Mine did the same thing and I noticed I had 1 ESC plugged into the RX reversed. Check your ESC connectors to your RX and make sure none are reversed.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkopf View Post
Hi,

Quick question...

I had someone help me build this and does this picture look OK to people? Those are the receiver antenna wires tucked in a zip tie on top of one of the ESCs

Thanks
NO your RX wire should not be laying along CF like that. It might cause interference
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Dec 2010
111 Posts
How can I input mm not cm for my x, z, y set up?
LMAO is offline Find More Posts by LMAO
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
NO your RX wire should not be laying along CF like that. It might cause interference
And what about the ESC itself?
Rkopf is offline Find More Posts by Rkopf
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:19 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAO View Post
How can I input mm not cm for my x, z, y set up?
Divide the MM by 10 and enter that number but you can't enter fractional values, has to be 1, 2, 3, etc. If it comes out to something like 2.4, use 2, over 2.5 use 3
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Last edited by RTRyder; Jan 06, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:12 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,918 Posts
Quote:

thank you
We await your video.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:15 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Mine did the same thing and I noticed I had 1 ESC plugged into the RX reversed. Check your ESC connectors to your RX and make sure none are reversed.
Tony are you talking about the connection between the Rx and the MU or the connection between the esc and the MU?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:22 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Tony are you talking about the connection between the Rx and the MU or the connection between the esc and the MU?
Sorry worded wrong. Should have said check your conns from the RX and MU. Thats where I had mine reversed.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:50 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
Please tell us more about the IOC. Can you explain what happens in each mode?
In course lock, the system locks the nose direction and then it works as a carefree system... when the bird is coming to you, commands are not inversed...

I like the Home Lock... it records the home point take off position and whatever is the direction pointed by the bird, when you just push pitch stick, it flyes home...
The only think is I have only one 3 ways switch on my aurora 9, then I had to put this IOC function on one of my knob....
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:15 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Hello everyone,

i'm going to get crazy...

I'm trying to Calibrate the IMU but i can't go in Calibration Mode, i tried as the guide say to fastly slide the Mode Switch for 6-10 times but nothing happens.. any Blu fixed LED.
Can someone help me or point me in the right direction?

My 2nd challenge is to Calibrate the ESC one by one, and i tried but probably i'm not able to connect the wires as i need.

I have a Futaba T8FG Super with R6208SB, ESC Skywalker 20A.

I've already cutted the RED wire from each esc, could be a problem with the calibration of the esc at the start?

I'm sorry but i never did any calibration of esc and i really don't know how to connect the esc to the RX and where to calibrate them.

And in the other side of the MC what i have to connect?
Just the throttle wire and CH7?

Please Help.
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:29 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:

thank you
A blue flashing light will mean failsafe as shown in your video, and under this condition the motors will not arm!

I know your radio very well as I owned for over 10 years, but did sell it awhile ago... Is it set to airplane or heli mode?

I will say I believe there is nothing wrong with the FC it is almost defiantly a setting wrong.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk