SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:05 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Dream on, if you are waiting for a perfect system you are going to be disappointed. I love the challenge of taking what is available and making it work in the real world.
I shot this video without any camera mount stabilization.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJkJrwPRBX8
Not looking for a perfect system. They don't exist.

I could site many examples of our hobby hardware that has undergone some sort of revision due to a spec change on the hardware, a component replacement that was identified as being a weak spot, firmware levels to increase reliability/stability/voltage/amperage draw, etc.

Some prime examples. Hitec's G3 circuitry has serious issues and Hitec is "sorta" working it out.

Castle ICE controllers letting the magic smoke out as well as roasting heli's and planes.

DLE completely redesigning their cranks, cylinder heads, bearings, etc in order to make them more reliable.

DA redesigning the reed block on the DA-170 to keep the engine from sputtering after long periods of idling as well as cleaning up the mid range transition. I tested out the new reed block and reported back to DA that they had nailed the fix, as well as posted video's and write ups on the fix. Believe me, there were MANY DA-170 owners who were quite pissed that their $1700 engine would choke and puke, no matter how finely tuned the high and low needles were adjusted.

Its a normal process when it comes to something new, and old alike.

DJI will probably release new firmware on a regular basis as reports from the "field" come in. They probably will also determine that a component/part needs to be replaced in order to work better, etc

I would hope they would do this. Seems to me that they are a responsive company and on the cutting edge of technology. But being out there on the sharp edge requires fast action when things are identified.

Hitec is taking a beating right here on RCG as well as on RCU because of the jittering/jerkiness of their 79XX series servo's...

So I would ask you to ease up..realize I'm not some MK fan boy posting in the Wookong thread, bashing the product. Far from it.

I'm just chillin...biding my time, waiting for the droidworx frame and avroto motors to arrive....
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:09 PM View Post
Tarro
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:12 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Great video by the way. I enjoyed that. Nice work.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:14 PM
Huckfest or bust!
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Blah Blah Blah, please there are enough worthless posts on this thread already, we don't need yours. I get it, you are to good to be bothered with the WKM until you feel others have helped perfect it. See you in a few months.
betcha didn't even read the post above.

yeah, see you in a few months. I'm sure the software and perhaps some portion of the hardware will be much different than whats out now. Very cool!
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:20 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
betcha didn't even read the post above.

yeah, see you in a few months. I'm sure the software and perhaps some portion of the hardware will be much different than whats out now. Very cool!
I would be very disappointed if it was not, but that does not stop me from jumping in and getting it done. To post that you are waiting for a better version is unproductive.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:35 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellschnell View Post
I'll hook up again and try, could very well have been purple. Thanks for the tip.

j
Yes, it was purple flash, not blue.

Looks good to go tomorrow then. Weather is supposed to be mild.

j
schnellschnell is offline Find More Posts by schnellschnell
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
334 Posts
RTRyder, sorry about your crash on the CS6
I ve decided to steer clear of the reflashed ESC on WKM for now. They fly great when they do, but way too many variable to fail. The worst crash is the one you cannot figure out why.
Anyone flying stable( no crash ) on 15 or 20 + pack with a flashed set of ESC, please lend your knowlegde of what ESC flashed with what version of simonk 's fw. Thanks.

Minh
flashervn is offline Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:18 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Looking for a replacement PMU

Anybody know where I can get a replacement PMU in the USA fairly quickly. I'm not sure if the US dealers stock the individual replacemet parts and to wait for one to come from China may take a while.
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Feb 2011
213 Posts
30a esc's http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...icopter/Detail
chevota is offline Find More Posts by chevota
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:44 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Hi Gary, sorry if you already mention this, I must have missed your post but did you do the test with the new gps/compass unit from Robert?
Yes, I tried the new module, and it made no difference. Here's a short video:

DJI Gimbal Test-01.mp4 (2 min 3 sec)
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jan 06, 2012, 12:51 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Dream on, if you are waiting for a perfect system you are going to be disappointed. I love the challenge of taking what is available and making it work in the real world.
I shot this video without any camera mount stabilization.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJkJrwPRBX8
Tarro, very nicely done. Those are some very expensive cars. If the weather is OK tomorrow, I am going to try to take my Y-6 off the ground for the first time. I'm nervous about my couple of thousand dollar heli, let alone having hundred thousand dollar cars all around me. Your video was very professional looking -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
guys... stopp chatting and back to the Topic !!!

No reply on my post (pictures) !??
I would really need some help\advice before I mount it all up and turn power on.

thank you
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Jan 06, 2012, 02:45 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
btw, talking about wires and magnetic problems.
I`m building a HEX, and this is how I planning to mount my ESC.
ESC power wires is short as possible, I will mount 3 on top and 3 on bottom.
Motor wires is inside arms..
Tell me if there is anything I need to change in my setup ?

and some photos of the hex frame:

Thank you
liteglow,
If you are looking for opinions on your build, I will give you mine. I personally don't like to put the esc's in the center. I put them on the booms in the prop wash for cooling. They are more efficient and last longer when they are kept cool. Also you will have alot more electromagnetic interference to deal with in the area where you will be mounting your GPS. It also makes trouble shooting and replacement of parts a nightmare. I would put a little hot glue or rubber around the booms where the motor wires enter and exit to prevent chaffing. Do you plan on having a VTX onboard?

Quote:
Tarro, very nicely done. Those are some very expensive cars. If the weather is OK tomorrow, I am going to try to take my Y-6 off the ground for the first time. I'm nervous about my couple of thousand dollar heli, let alone having hundred thousand dollar cars all around me. Your video was very professional looking -- JOHN
Thank you for the kind words John, I had a blast making that video.
Good luck with the maiden of your Y-6, keep us posted.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Last edited by Tarro; Jan 06, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 06, 2012, 05:49 AM
youtube.com/#/user/flyrobots
Indonesia
Joined Apr 2011
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentf31 View Post
I Use Dualsky 2834-CA10 (870kv) motors
Hi Florent,

I saw your quad have very good stability. Im using X650 v4 frame. Im going to change the ESC and motor. I already buy turnigy plush 30 amp and still thinking which motor is better in <50 usd price. Now im using 18amp hobbywing funfly and KDA2022, with total 1,9. It seems the motor is hot (10.45 " prop). So far it flies 10 minutes hovering with no problem but the motor temperature was make me worried to fly higher with gopro camera.
Flyrobot is offline Find More Posts by Flyrobot
Old Jan 06, 2012, 05:56 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
How soon will dji drop the click and go to quarter price?
It's a bit of a pitter to splash out a grand on a activation code for a feature that won't get used that much.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa