Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
ok Chris, this lil fraud will stay on your conscience)

cheers
dimitri
Dimitri, I am not sure why Chris Bergen would lie about a video that was taken. He has a highly respected company in the single rotor RC world. I will respectfully disagree with you and I appreciate Chris's comments on this forum.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jun 2004
142 Posts
That's alright Dmitri, there will be more footage, taken from different cameras as we do more testing.

I understand that almost all "professional" footage seen is post processed/stabilized, but if the raw footage is as smooth as possible, then it's even better when run through a processor. That's what we're trying to achieve, the smoothest possible video BEFORE post processing, and that's what we intend to show.

Please don't confuse compression with post processing, even my vids taken with a Sony Handycam, downloaded through windows movie maker then uploaded to youtube show jitters and stutters that AREN'T there when viewed directly from the camera.
cbergen is offline Find More Posts by cbergen
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:38 PM
Carbon Flyer
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Oct 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
Yes, use a mix. You'll have one switch already changing from manual/atti/gps. Use a mix on another switch to get that travel moving to a failsafe position.
Great, I am so excited about it coming! Thanks for the info.

Mat
Techcoder is offline Find More Posts by Techcoder
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:39 PM
Česká republika, Hlavní město Praha, Praha
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking for a frame (and config) to be able to lift my thermal imaging camera and just basic short range fpv setup. (Roofing inspections). The weight of my camera + fpv is about 1kg. Can you point me out for a right frame and config?

Do you think that I need DJI WK or will be Naza just sufficient? From what I've seen up to now, it seems to me to be able to hover equally.

Thanks for suggestions.

Regards,
Jan
amalka is offline Find More Posts by amalka
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
X2 X3 for gains...

Probably been asked before...so I apolagise from the off

At present Im using x3 on a slider for gain settings and I have to keep connecting to the pc to change it from basic to atti gains...so can I just put a new link from my x3 output to a spare chanel on my rx and then use for example x2 on my left slider for basic gain and the x3 on my righ slider for atti gains??

Oh and just for an FYI...when ever you calibrate your tx in the WKM assistant...what ever you do..when it comes to the point where you centre all sticks and click finish..."DONT leave the throttle in the centre!!!" If you do, then you model will disappear when you start the motors.
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:09 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalka View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking for a frame (and config) to be able to lift my thermal imaging camera and just basic short range fpv setup. (Roofing inspections). The weight of my camera + fpv is about 1kg. Can you point me out for a right frame and config?

Do you think that I need DJI WK or will be Naza just sufficient? From what I've seen up to now, it seems to me to be able to hover equally.

Thanks for suggestions.

Regards,
Jan
PM sent...
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:34 PM
Who dares wins
Deutschland, HE, Nidderau
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Issues about the new firmware (written in the hospital)

After using WKM since the beginning I never thought that anything from DJI could surprise me.

So I put the newest firmeware on the controller and the latest setup software on my laptop.

I reset and set carefully every parameter the upgrade instructions demands.

After this, I set the "start/stop motor" behavior to "immediately". According the manual, this is the procedure I like to see: pull throttle below 10% and everything is silent in every mode (which is fine because I have an emergency switch moving "gas" to minus 150 just to be sure - had already a serious accident with WKM where this didn't work in ATT/GPS mode).

After everything was set up, I moved all switches into "manual mode, no fail safe" and verified this via USB software control.

I gently moved the throttle stick, but nothing happened.

So I picked up my 2500 Gramm Quadkopter and put it on my desktop to check every cable.

After some pondering and reading the manual a flash of inspriration went though my brain - does the new software requires the "arm" movements of the sticks?

I carefully selected one of the stick-arm-movement which will keep the throttle below 10% and was surprised: my quad started all rotors.

Unfortunately it started on my desk with my face between the two back - and my monitor, records, keyboads, pills, gadgets and other stuff below the two front engines.

Well - at least my emergency switch worked.

I had a lot of fun with the emergency doctor and the responsible suregon when I told them my story.

They will take care of my scars in my face when they take the stiches off in 20 days.

I am not amused.

Bernd
freebyte is offline Find More Posts by freebyte
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:40 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,459 Posts
Bernd,
Sorry to hear of your injuries. All these flying Cuisinart's should be treated as fully armed as long as there is power attached. Heal quickly and post your victim photos here when you get a chance to help keep others vigilant about the dangers of our hobby: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144377
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:25 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techcoder View Post
I would love some insight/setup info. Is all that is needed is a mix? Is there a config for failsafe on the DX8 also? Does it work well for you?

Mat
It works perfect every time!

I set-up Mix1
I have failsafe assigned to the switch mix/hold back top right 2 way switch, Away normal, forwards failsafe.

Here's a pic, this should give you a base line to work from, your set-up maybe slightly different.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
182 Posts
Almost done with my MK Hexa XL Build.
Next thing is doing the setup for the XYZ coordinates for both the IMU and GPS. I have the IMU right in the center so I assume I leave the IMU placement at all zeros ? Then for my GPS I measure from the center of the craft to the GPS for the X coordinate which in this case is 12cm so I punched in -12 because its behind the IMU on the M4 rigger. and I punched in for the Z coordinate 5cm because it's on the poll.
I hope thats correct.

Lastly I tried to do a compass calibration, I flipped the control switch from pos 1 to pos 3 quickly 6-10 times (yes I have my 3 way switching working correctly It goes from GPS to ATTI to fail safe) as it says in the manual,
I then get a flashing blue light, is this correct or should it be a steady blue light?? Then it says to rotate the copter CW till green light is constant, again when they say constant is that mean green light flashing or steady green light?

Oh yeah. I just attaches the landing gear, seems very flimsy, any other options, and I have yet to mount my camera mount... Want to make sure it's flying ok.

Steven
kuau is offline Find More Posts by kuau
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2006
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exopackshiu View Post
Hi Jeff,
1)Nope SBE connection..

2)i wasn't aware of ESC setting that it needed.

3) Throttle calibration on the Dji screen " Rev" Tx " Nor"

Shiu
Hi Shiu,

Thanks for the info, I had set the DJI "Nor" and the Tx "Rev", maybe that was the problem.

I will give test this out after work tonight.

Jeffrey
JeffY is offline Find More Posts by JeffY
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:46 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebyte View Post
After using WKM since the beginning I never thought that anything from DJI could surprise me.

So I put the newest firmeware on the controller and the latest setup software on my laptop.

I reset and set carefully every parameter the upgrade instructions demands.

After this, I set the "start/stop motor" behavior to "immediately". According the manual, this is the procedure I like to see: pull throttle below 10% and everything is silent in every mode (which is fine because I have an emergency switch moving "gas" to minus 150 just to be sure - had already a serious accident with WKM where this didn't work in ATT/GPS mode).

After everything was set up, I moved all switches into "manual mode, no fail safe" and verified this via USB software control.

I gently moved the throttle stick, but nothing happened.

So I picked up my 2500 Gramm Quadkopter and put it on my desktop to check every cable.

After some pondering and reading the manual a flash of inspriration went though my brain - does the new software requires the "arm" movements of the sticks?

I carefully selected one of the stick-arm-movement which will keep the throttle below 10% and was surprised: my quad started all rotors.

Unfortunately it started on my desk with my face between the two back - and my monitor, records, keyboads, pills, gadgets and other stuff below the two front engines.

Well - at least my emergency switch worked.

I had a lot of fun with the emergency doctor and the responsible suregon when I told them my story.

They will take care of my scars in my face when they take the stiches off in 20 days.

I am not amused.

Bernd
Wow that sucks, I bet you'll never make that mistake again. I hope you heal 100%.
This reminds me of all the videos I see of guys catching their copter instead of landing them. I have never had the balls to do that and I am glad.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
183 Posts
Testing

Got some pics from the other day with the big hex, the camera is a little tight in the mount, Chris has the parts on the way to rectify this. It is a canon XHA! 5.7 lbs and the hex had no problem with it at all. I can't wait to enlarghe the mount and get some footage
Gary
Gary Travis is offline Find More Posts by Gary Travis
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:01 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Travis View Post
Got some pics from the other day with the big hex, the camera is a little tight in the mount, Chris has the parts on the way to rectify this. It is a canon XHA! 5.7 lbs and the hex had no problem with it at all. I can't wait to enlarghe the mount and get some footage
Gary
Wow, what are you going to do with that monster, what batteries do you feed it? Very impressive.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Mar 2011
183 Posts
I use it in a proffessional envirorment, it is in the pics using 2 5000 4sp apcks normally it is carrying 4 5000 4sp packs. I only had two charged when the pics were taken
Gary
Gary Travis is offline Find More Posts by Gary Travis