SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:42 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
583 Posts
Dialing in the GPS mode?

I am grateful to the support I've found here on the forum. I have been able to dial in my gains on my WKM so that I have beautifully stable flight. Just a real pleasure to fly.

HOWEVER, when I switch to GPS mode the copter clearly gets a read on the location but it begins "orbiting" the GPS location in circle that begins getting faster and faster until I switch back to ATT & regain control. Obviously, the GPS is working, but I've got something out of whack that is causing it to "overshoot" or somehow not lock into the location with subtle control.

Hopefully, you mavens who are smarter than me and with much more experience can help me determine how to adjust my settings to eliminate this behavior.

THANKS
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovito View Post
Thanks Shoryuken but... did you really do it in one 6EX?
I'm affraid the Futaba 6EX does not have any 3 position switch.

Anybody has configured one of this TX to fly WK-M please?

Jo
Jo, In this case, you can just assign manual and GPS to a 2 position switch to do GPS calibration. Then change manual to ATTI mode.
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
I am grateful to the support I've found here on the forum. I have been able to dial in my gains on my WKM so that I have beautifully stable flight. Just a real pleasure to fly.

HOWEVER, when I switch to GPS mode the copter clearly gets a read on the location but it begins "orbiting" the GPS location in circle that begins getting faster and faster until I switch back to ATT & regain control. Obviously, the GPS is working, but I've got something out of whack that is causing it to "overshoot" or somehow not lock into the location with subtle control.

Hopefully, you mavens who are smarter than me and with much more experience can help me determine how to adjust my settings to eliminate this behavior.

THANKS
You can try:
1.Calibrate your ESC with Tx directly
2.Calibrate the compass.
3.Make sure all trim at 0 and Tx slider bars in the software are green at the center.
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:48 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,364 Posts
Quote:

THANKS
I addition to the above post, check our xyz IMU positioning. Getting the z axis correct stopped my 'toilet bowl' behavior.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:54 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
...and make sure that the Magnometer/GPS antenna pointed in the correct direction.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
I addition to the above post, check our xyz IMU positioning. Getting the z axis correct stopped my 'toilet bowl' behavior.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2006
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Here is a new build I am doing with the WooKong Multirotor system - I am using 30 amp Tiger motor ESC's 400hz refresh and 2814 Tiger motors - Will be swinging 13" props - Rear motor mounts will be in Orange to help with orientation - All of this seated on the X468 HD Frame - Target AUW is under 7lbs with batteries and camera - Moved over from the Hoverfly pro system - Looking forward to getting this bird in the air - Frame weight as it sits of just over 1lb

MM
I am building a Y6 with Tiger Motor ESC 40A but could not get the ESC to work with the MC?

I have done the followings:

1. Individual ESC throttle calibration using Ch3 Futaba R6108sb with Throttle servo setting to Rev as ESC will not accept Norm setting.
2. Removed ESC red wire and plug to MC
3. In DJI software, done Tx calibration.
4. Restart MC, ESC power on beeps are ok, do the CSC but no response on throttle.

Have I missed something? Or is the ESC not compatible with DJI?

Thanks for your help.

Jeffrey
JeffY is offline Find More Posts by JeffY
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:34 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,786 Posts
Jeffrey, what is happening with your led when you power up?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:46 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,125 Posts
IMU, the gps z has nothing to do with the way it flies unless you are in gps hold.... and you should not tune in gps hold mode

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergen View Post
Saabguy, which Z are you talking about, IMU or GPS?
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:49 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,125 Posts
you can increase your basic gains and the circling will stop.... of course then your basic gains are too high...

I have asked repeatedly for them to separate gps gains from basic gains but they don't respond....

Steve

Quote:

THANKS
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:52 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2006
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Jeffrey, what is happening with your led when you power up?
Tahoe, I recall it was 3 red blinks, I was indoor at then time, will need to check again when I get home tonight.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:07 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffY View Post
Tahoe, I recall it was 3 red blinks, I was indoor at then time, will need to check again when I get home tonight.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Thanks for doing that. If you were in manual mode with no GPS, you would get three red flashes. In ATTI, two yellow flashes followed by three red. However, if you are in failsafe you will get a blue flash. If that is not the case, then check the movement of the sliders in Assistant. There have been several cases where people have not been able to arm the motors when either the rudder, elevator or aileron are reversed in the transmitter calibration screen. Move the rudder or the aileron right and the slider moves right, move the elevator up and the slider moves right. If not reverse the channel and write to the WKM.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Jan 02, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2004
144 Posts
Steve, Apparently I missed it, could you state the question about Z for the IMU?

As I understand it, in basic terms, CG being the Center of Gravity of the aircraft. This may NOT be represented by the actual center of the aircraft.

If your IMU is mounted ABOVE the CG, then you enter a negative number, representing the distance from the CG of the aircraft in centimeters.

My disclaimer, while I have not mounted many Wookong M's, I have mounted many of the other DJI Ace systems onto helicopters, the procedure is the same as far as recording the mounting of the different items.
cbergen is offline Find More Posts by cbergen
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
710 Posts
Quote:
However, if you are in failsafe you will get rapid yellow flashing.
i thought failsafe was a single dark blue flash. did it change after firmware v4.0?
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:27 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
i thought failsafe was a single dark blue flash. did it change after firmware v4.0?
You are right. I have been spending too much time playing with the Naza. I stand corrected.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:37 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2006
118 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for doing that. If you were in manual mode with no GPS, you would get three red flashes. In ATTI, two yellow flashes followed by three red. However, if you are in failsafe you will get a blue flash. If that is not the case, then check the movement of the sliders in Assistant. There have been several cases where people have not been able to arm the motors when either the rudder, elevator or aileron are reversed in the transmitter calibration screen. Move the rudder or the aileron right and the slider moves right, move the elevator up and the slider moves right. If not reverse the channel and write to the WKM.
I was in manual mode, so the Led is correct. I had calibrated the Tx and all sliders move in the right direction.

When I calibrated the ESC, I had to set my Tx throttle Ch 3 servo to Reverse in order to use the ESC, I am wondering if this is normal. In the DJI throttle slider in the Assistant, the normal slider setting had the slider running in the correct direction. May be I should try with the Tx servo set to normal and the DJI set to Rev?

Thanks.