HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,195 Posts
Great picture llbr22. What cam is this from and what do you use for shutter trigger. ?
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:14 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,329 Posts
Thanks. GH2 with 20mm 1.7 w gentled remote.
llbr22 is offline Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jan 2007
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
Thanks. GH2 with 20mm 1.7 w gentled remote.
Ok thanks. Out of interest does the gentled allow the camera to focus and then takes the pic.?
Old Jan 02, 2012, 12:03 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,329 Posts
Yep! Pull trigger focus, release is shutter. Although That shot was on manual focus.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
Quote:
Yep! Pull trigger focus, release is shutter. Although That shot was on manual focus.
Im looking into trigger release...do you have a link to the type your using?
Cheers
P
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Jan 02, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Very cool Many moons ago I made an enquiry to gentled about a shutter trigger for a Panasonic camera and unfortunately Panasonic was one of the cameras that they could not supply a remote trigger.
I just had a Look on their site and still do not see Panasonic listed.
I would be interested in seeing a link to what one you are using.

Cheers
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Groundstation Software won't launch

I just got my WKM Groundstation package and I have run the installs on two different laptops but when I attempt to launch Groundstation it displays the splash screen then hangs with the dialog: DJIGroundStationVer4.exe has stopped working.

Any ideas/thoughts?
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:42 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
I just got my WKM Groundstation package and I have run the installs on two different laptops but when I attempt to launch Groundstation it displays the splash screen then hangs with the dialog: DJIGroundStationVer4.exe has stopped working.

Any ideas/thoughts?
Disable your antivirus software and any programs that are running in the background. Also you did not state what operating system that you are using. I am using XP on a dedicated netbook with no A/V. It loads without an issue. Also did you activate the GS in Assistant. You need a new S/N to activate View and Click and Go, if you purchased that option.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:59 PM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
llbr22 > thank you for your reply, although I am not very sure if it means DIJ is the proper gear to do AP or not
do you have experience with other FC like MC ? do you build yourself ? do you find DIJ more steady or easier than other rigs ? do you fly with quad/hex or octo ?
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:00 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Disable your antivirus software and any programs that are running in the background. Also you did not state what operating system that you are using. I am using XP on a dedicated netbook with no A/V. It loads without an issue. Also did you activate the GS in Assistant. You need a new S/N to activate View and Click and Go, if you purchased that option.
Thanks so much for the help. I am running Windows 7 Pro on both laptops. Didn't think of disabling antivirus and will try that. I did purchase View and Click & Go but did not receive any activation code in the box or from my dealer or DJI. Have written both and assume I will be receiving same -- hopefully quickly. I figured I would at least power up the software while waiting for activation.

Should I have received the code with the box or is that something my dealer is supposed to be giving me. I couldn't find a manual on the CD-ROM even though it says it includes one. I did find it at the DJI site. I'm clueless about the activation process so any help in this regard would be appreciated.
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:03 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,672 Posts
You need to get new S/N from the dealer or DJI. Once you get it and input it into WKM Assistant you should be good. It will show View and Click and Go activated on the right side of the same screen.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:08 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Need some help with installing Driver Setup .Bat File

Happy New Year everybody,

I need some help on my initial installation of the Driver Setup. Bat file. I have followed the instructions as they are written here:

Software and Driver Installation
STEP1: Please download assistant software and driver from our website. If your operating system is 32bit, download 32bit driver; if your operating system is 64bit, download 64bit driver. Then decompress;
STEP2: Connect MC and PC via USB cable, power on MC;
STEP3: If operating system tries to install driver automatically,cancel it.
STEP4: Open folder DJI_Wookong_M_Driver_32bitor DJI_Wookong_Multi_Rotor_Driver_64bit, double click DriverSetup.batfile and follow the steps to finish installation.
STEP5: Open the assistant software folder, double click Setup.exefile and follow the steps to finish installation.

The problem occurs when I double click on the Driver Setup. Bat file, there is a quick flash of a black DOS window for about a half second then nothing. No other instruction screens are shown. The directions clearly state to follow the steps to finish the installation but there are no further steps presented. I also triued this after disabling my virus protection, but it made no difference. Oh, and I am running Wwindows XP on my laptop.

I have installed the Assistant Software, but the button to update the firmware, along with many of the other button on the top of the first screen are darkened & not available. I’m Assuming that this may be because the problem with the Driver Setup. Bat file, but I don’t know for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

EDIT: Thanks to Steve, Saabguyspg, my problem is solved. I had forgotten to export the unzipped files to a directory OUTSIDE of the Zip program which caused the USB drivers to not install properly.
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Last edited by tkeeg; Jan 03, 2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:32 PM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball View Post
Im looking into trigger release...do you have a link to the type your using?
Cheers
P
Just buy a connector and use this board for focus and trigger. We use it on Nikon D3100 and GH2

http://www.rc-flysoft.com/pages/switch10_e.htm

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:40 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Ok thanks. Out of interest does the gentled allow the camera to focus and then takes the pic.?
here you go: http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/focus.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainphoto View Post
llbr22 > thank you for your reply, although I am not very sure if it means DIJ is the proper gear to do AP or not
do you have experience with other FC like MC ? do you build yourself ? do you find DIJ more steady or easier than other rigs ? do you fly with quad/hex or octo ?
I don't have lot's of experience in multi's. Just started a few months ago. But I know RC and fly pretty well. The DJI is really a great controller. If you're looking to do still photo work it's a great controller (although I don't think my posted picture is a great example). The GPS holds well, and will allow you to frame shots.

I'm just not sure if any multi will accomplish what you're trying to do "controled composition and sharp focus with low DOF"
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1351104

Often, the best bokeh is achieved by getting close to a subject, and I'm not sure how close you want to get to any given subject. I'd like to try it myself.. maybe later this week using my GH2. Although I don't think it's the best still photography camera, the 20mm lens can look good:
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:51 PM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
llbr22 > thank you for your reply again, it is more clear for me

I have some basic FC for training but I am looking for a high end platform to have extra stability.
As you have read, I am looking for precise framing and low DOF, that will be trough longer lens, 135mm f2.0 or 85mm 1.8 for example. Due to the long mm I need extra stable platform.
I will also shoot wide angle, but in that case no small DOF is possible for sure, I wont get within cm of the subject
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto