SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2008
38 Posts
Thus ended the year.

Between one was ice cream, another anis Chinchon, punch Knight and more, I do not remember.

The fact that this did not occur to anyone, I believe, with another plate or with the dropper punch.

PasadaPorElArcoDelTriunfo.wmv (4 min 8 sec)

regards
elpuerto is offline Find More Posts by elpuerto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:00 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyQueen View Post
Can anyone help......

Just completed build of XAircraft Hexa with XAircraft motors and AKE12Amp controllers. It had the maiden flight and everything was OK it flew well.

Went to fly this morning and two motors would not spin. Worked through the problem and it looks as if some phasing has gone on the speed controllers. Then this afternoon another controller has gone. The capacitor went extremely hot.

Can anybody point me in the direction to solve this one. Three controllers on less than 15 minutes of flight time there has to be something really wrong. All controllers were programmed to max throttle and the red wire has been removed.
12Amps seems a little underpowered for a hexacopter to me. I might be wrong as I haven't tried the new xAircraft, but I'd be going for more like 20 to 30 amps.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:42 PM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
290 Posts
DJI WKM XAIRCRAFT KK K6300S ETC SUPPORTED AKE High SPEED PWM 12A ESC

Can anyone please advise what timing I should set these Esc's at, low-med-high, I am using a Hobbywing Proramming Card. They are set at Low at the moment.

Thanks
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:43 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuerto View Post
Thus ended the year.

Between one was ice cream, another anis Chinchon, punch Knight and more, I do not remember.

The fact that this did not occur to anyone, I believe, with another plate or with the dropper punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_xY...layer_embedded

regards
I would of pi$$ed myself laughing if the Wookong had of gone into fail safe at the crucial moment.
20 meters straight up with his Niagras hanging off the landing gear.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:45 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengit View Post
Can anyone please advise what timing I should set these Esc's at, low-med-high, I am using a Hobbywing Proramming Card. They are set at Low at the moment.

Thanks

med
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:09 PM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
med
Thanks, is there any reason for that, is that recommended or have you found to be better yourself?

Regards
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:57 PM
United Kingdom, Bourne
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maljonic View Post
12Amps seems a little underpowered for a hexacopter to me. I might be wrong as I haven't tried the new xAircraft, but I'd be going for more like 20 to 30 amps.
Thanks for the info. As this was bought as package I will contact the shop and have a talk to the guy who sold me this.
HockeyQueen is offline Find More Posts by HockeyQueen
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:31 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,125 Posts
Sidney, any chance you can elaborate on the large hex?

Most importantly can you tell us if those are motors developed by DJI? and when they will be available if this is the case.

thanks
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:39 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
909 Posts
I have no idea why, but my + quad seems to yaw to the left all the time. I've tried trimming the radio all the way to the right, and move the compass arrow left and right off centre but nothing seems to make a difference. Has anyone else had this issue before?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,689 Posts
Quote:
I have no idea why, but my + quad seems to yaw to the left all the time. I've tried trimming the radio all the way to the right, and move the compass arrow left and right off centre but nothing seems to make a difference. Has anyone else had this issue before?
Did you try to recal the compass again? The calibration procedure for the WKM is the old MK cal procedure. The MK cal now uses magnetic north and you just tumble the multi rotor through north and south. I'm no expert but I was told the magnetic north cal is a proper one and the old way was not as effective.

I just finished my WKM install. I just need to do a compass calibration and then a test flight. When setting rx failsafe, I set throttle to mid position. Is this the right place to have throttle for FS?
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Dec 2006
72 Posts
Quote:
Yes.

move the arrow in the opposite direction and be sure the GPS is completely horizontal, after calibration.
this worked for me.
buhojean is offline Find More Posts by buhojean
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Sep 2011
412 Posts
So I am finishing up my MK Hexa XL build using AVROTO motors and Maytech esc's. I am new to the WKM FC and have read the latest WKM manual V2.1.
Couple of questions.
First in regards to where to mount my GPS and what size poll to use.
In the picture I have attached I have the GPS placed on the rigger M4, is this a good place for the GPS to be? Also which length poll should I use, the WKM comes with 3, short, medium, and long.

Secondly, I have mounted the IMU directly in the center, my question is in the WKM assistant software in the "Mounting" menu where it asks for X,Y,Z position of the unit do I just leave them at 0 because I have it mounted in the center?

I have already updated to the latest FW, and also calibrated my Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter, plugged everything in, and made sure the motors were spinning in the right direction which they are..

As you can see be my photos this is kinda of a custom build with the MK, I used 3 center plates for the build. My Maytech esc's are all on one level, then on top if the WKM stuff...

Any other advice....?
Oh year I forgot on this build what props would be recommended right now I have APC 10x4.7 and 11X4.7 would either of these work? Or do I need to go bigger?

-Steve
kuau is offline Find More Posts by kuau
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
Sidney, any chance you can elaborate on the large hex?

Most importantly can you tell us if those are motors developed by DJI? and when they will be available if this is the case.

thanks
Not finalized, will be in a few more weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post

I just finished my WKM install. I just need to do a compass calibration and then a test flight. When setting rx failsafe, I set throttle to mid position. Is this the right place to have throttle for FS?
Make sure FailSafe is stored correctly by turning off the TX, fail-Safe icon turns to "blue". Throttle stick to mid position or not is unimportant because it is stored in stick calibration procedure, stick last position is not how WKM fail-safe RTH works.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
710 Posts
Which firmware to use?

I'm currently on 4.0, but after the 4.2 debacle, I am hesitant to upgrade unnecessarily. Is it even worth upgrading at all? Not interested in power management, only better flight performance.

So, should I stick with 4.0 or go with 4.22 or 4.26?
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:05 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
So I am finishing up my MK Hexa XL build using AVROTO motors and Maytech esc's. I am new to the WKM FC and have read the latest WKM manual V2.1.
Couple of questions.
First in regards to where to mount my GPS and what size poll to use.
In the picture I have attached I have the GPS placed on the rigger M4, is this a good place for the GPS to be? Also which length poll should I use, the WKM comes with 3, short, medium, and long.

Secondly, I have mounted the IMU directly in the center, my question is in the WKM assistant software in the "Mounting" menu where it asks for X,Y,Z position of the unit do I just leave them at 0 because I have it mounted in the center?

I have already updated to the latest FW, and also calibrated my Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter, plugged everything in, and made sure the motors were spinning in the right direction which they are..

As you can see be my photos this is kinda of a custom build with the MK, I used 3 center plates for the build. My Maytech esc's are all on one level, then on top if the WKM stuff...

Any other advice....?
Oh year I forgot on this build what props would be recommended right now I have APC 10x4.7 and 11X4.7 would either of these work? Or do I need to go bigger?

-Steve
Looks good to me. I would say 10 props are a bit small, more for standard hexa. 11s, 12, or 13s should be cool, 13 probably best.
Site Sponsor