HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:01 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Sidney --

I love this new hex implementation. I have the XA version, which is similar. Mine is still out-of-commission, at the moment, as I need some new arms. Anyway, what LEDs are you using? I like these much better than the strips I've been using. I also like the fact that you did the colors this way, with green on the right, red on the left, blue in back and white in front. That's how I like to do it as well. Any idea when these new hexa kits will be available?

I'm down in San Diego for New Year's, and the mailman didn't come before I left yesterday, so I can't do the test with the new GPS module until Tuesday. I have my F450/Naza setup with me down here, so at least I'll get some flight time in.

-- Gary
A guy at work found the LED locally (it is made locally also). A single alum cylindrical case houses 7 LED, 2x3 in circle and one larger one pointing down. Almost $5 each sample price, it is not cheap.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:23 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Over 800mm hex testing; 15" blades WKM

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM0NTIwMzMy.html
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post

I cant get to play the link...is it also on youtube?

Happy New year to you all!!
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:34 AM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:

OK, now hang a Photohigher AV130 under it and lets see how steady the video is in a little wind.

P.S. as soon as I went to the video link my AV app alerted me to an attempted web attack on my PC by "Malicious Java download 13" be warned...
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:34 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:

Wow! What size Lipo is that thing carrying? Looks like it must bet 10,000mAh or something. Where do I get one like that?
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:37 AM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
Wow! What size Lipo is that thing carrying? Looks like it must bet 10,000mAh or something. Where do I get one like that?
These are the biggest I've found so far, I use them on my CineStar 6... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...4S1P_30C_.html
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:53 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I found this one, but the one in the video looks even bigger.

http://www.fpvflying.com/products/Li...0-mAh-25C.html
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:07 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:

The one in the vid looks like two of them end to end.. That machine looked pretty solid and it seemed to be fairly windy.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
España, Aragón, Zaragoza
Joined Nov 2011
3 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEARS

DJI Ajustes finales y calibracion OK.mp4 (1 min 46 sec)
guillermopuertas is offline Find More Posts by guillermopuertas
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:35 AM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
94 Posts
Quote:

That's pretty nice, they have a 10000mah 3s on that site that weighs 705gm for $ 105.00 too.

Is 25c high enough?
Rkopf is offline Find More Posts by Rkopf
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
Wookong m gcs

I received my wookong M GCS(full version with all options enable. 2.4GHz) yesterday. I was very excited with for this new product. Based upon my experience with Wookong M me along with my friends were very happy and had very high hopes for this new product. One of my friend who had been flying in Air Force and were quite used to using these autopilots. But all my hopes vanished when I found following problems

1. I should have option to use my Wookong M either with RC Transmitter or GCS. But now I have to have both necessarily so I need a laptop + RC Transmitter to fly it. It binds me
2. There is no manual Take off option. RC Transmitter can't make the motors spin.
3. In Auto take off how much height will take for hover and what vertical speed.
4. If I want to land it in manually I can't shut off motors.
5. Please how to land in using laptop. Will I have to press the down arrow key constantly or for few times
6. If I dont have internet access, I can't access google maps. Its shame DJI is claiming built-in 3D google maps. Which is very wrong impression
7. What is the meaning different colored lights on the wookong LED (blue light after landing, white light before take off etc etc. These lights dont appear when I was not using the GCS)

DJI claims its a single way point system. Where is the single way point editor. No Where. Its just a click and go system. DJI just cut the features of ACE-One and presented it as a new product. A poorly drafted user manual which is again an ACE-One manual with no proper description of a simple usage operation has been given. I think the video on the wookong website is more descriptive.

After spending around 3000USD I expect a bit more cooked and finished product. Better descriptive manual and better support from website. I remember comments from RCGroups forums and DJI distributors about the customer support makes my fears worse.

I hope despite all my anger I will find some answers
farooq_niaZ is offline Find More Posts by farooq_niaZ
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:07 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq_niaZ View Post
I received my wookong M GCS(full version with all options enable. 2.4GHz) yesterday. I was very excited with for this new product. Based upon my experience with Wookong M me along with my friends were very happy and had very high hopes for this new product. One of my friend who had been flying in Air Force and were quite used to using these autopilots. But all my hopes vanished when I found following problems

1. I should have option to use my Wookong M either with RC Transmitter or GCS. But now I have to have both necessarily so I need a laptop + RC Transmitter to fly it. It binds me
2. There is no manual Take off option. RC Transmitter can't make the motors spin.
3. In Auto take off how much height will take for hover and what vertical speed.
4. If I want to land it in manually I can't shut off motors.
5. Please how to land in using laptop. Will I have to press the down arrow key constantly or for few times
6. If I dont have internet access, I can't access google maps. Its shame DJI is claiming built-in 3D google maps. Which is very wrong impression
7. What is the meaning different colored lights on the wookong LED (blue light after landing, white light before take off etc etc. These lights dont appear when I was not using the GCS)

DJI claims its a single way point system. Where is the single way point editor. No Where. Its just a click and go system. DJI just cut the features of ACE-One and presented it as a new product. A poorly drafted user manual which is again an ACE-One manual with no proper description of a simple usage operation has been given. I think the video on the wookong website is more descriptive.

After spending around 3000USD I expect a bit more cooked and finished product. Better descriptive manual and better support from website. I remember comments from RCGroups forums and DJI distributors about the customer support makes my fears worse.

I hope despite all my anger I will find some answers
1) Did you contact the dealer you purchased the unit from?
2) You stated you use WKM before, so I will try to answer your questions -

-----------------------------------------------
1) You have to use Tx to take off; of course you will need a laptop otherwise how will you use G/S.
2) If you use WKM, motor starting is the same.
3) In the manual, 5 meters.
4) No difference than WKM without G/S.
5) No difference than using stick, press release, press release to control descending speed.
6) Google map store at last position; no need to have internet access at the field.
7) Using G/S, GPS/Atti flight mode together with GPS signal strength are showing at the bottom of the screen.

Your pilot friend flying in Air Force using autopilot might not be familiar to G/S. You quoted Ace Waypoint a couple of times, I am not quite sure if you have used Ace One before. But, if you do, our waypoint has been out for more than two years with many users worldwide, a proven product.

Single Waypoint = set one waypoint or click on that point & Go. The editor is when you start Click&Go after you pick the point where you want the aircraft to go to, enter height and flight speed.

If I were you I would send email to support@dji-innovations.com stating the dealer you purchased the unit from; the Hardware ID of the controller; stating the problem you are facing. I guarantee your question will all be answered; anger does not solve problem. Lastly, the product is not 3,000; This is your first post, I am wondering where you heard the customer service and support comments.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sidneyw; Jan 01, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Dec 2006
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
OK, now hang a Photohigher AV130 under it and lets see how steady the video is in a little wind.

P.S. as soon as I went to the video link my AV app alerted me to an attempted web attack on my PC by "Malicious Java download 13" be warned...
Here

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM0NTEyMTc2.html
buhojean is offline Find More Posts by buhojean
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:47 AM
United Kingdom, Bourne
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Can anyone help......

Just completed build of XAircraft Hexa with XAircraft motors and AKE12Amp controllers. It had the maiden flight and everything was OK it flew well.

Went to fly this morning and two motors would not spin. Worked through the problem and it looks as if some phasing has gone on the speed controllers. Then this afternoon another controller has gone. The capacitor went extremely hot.

Can anybody point me in the direction to solve this one. Three controllers on less than 15 minutes of flight time there has to be something really wrong. All controllers were programmed to max throttle and the red wire has been removed.
HockeyQueen is offline Find More Posts by HockeyQueen
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
These are the biggest I've found so far, I use them on my CineStar 6... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...4S1P_30C_.html
Just order a Cinestar 6 frame. How do you fit them to frame? Carrying 5D?
hanseinar is offline Find More Posts by hanseinar