HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:09 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
Hi

Servos was instaled in working gimbal...
I just move gimbal from MultiWii frame to W-K frame.
Gimbal was working fine before.

After conecting it to W-K, upgreading firmware, seting whole configuration
both serwos are ...DEAD. I checked this many times - both servos are
completely dead. What the...?

The same, brand new servo connected now to W-K is working fine.
Seems like W-K kill my servos during configuration! Two in one moment...

Any ideas?

Jakub
Jakub, you can't use most analogue servos on the WMK the output will burn them out! i.e if you were using the Emax ones you told me about they will burn out! You need to use digitalis!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:11 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,738 Posts
I'm using EMAX ES08MD - this are digital servos...

q
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:16 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
I'm using EMAX ES08MD - this are digital servos...

q
Sorry thought they were the ES08A/MA which is what I brought to use on your mount but can't because they are the analogue version!!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:20 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Hi

Servos was instaled in working gimbal...
I just move gimbal from MultiWii frame to W-K frame.
Gimbal was working fine before.

After conecting it to W-K, upgreading firmware, seting whole configuration
both serwos are ...DEAD. I checked this many times - both servos are
completely dead. What the...?

The same, brand new servo connected now to W-K is working fine.
Seems like W-K kill my servos during configuration! Two in one moment...

Any ideas?

Jakub
Hi,

Since you have a upgraded firmware ( default the gimbal page re-enter values)
see if it's works. disconnect all power cycles - Start all over again .

Shiu
exopackshiu is offline Find More Posts by exopackshiu
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined Nov 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Hi

I have just connected gimbal to my DJI W-K controller and ...nothing
Servos goes to max. position but no reaction on quad movement.

Of course gimbal is turned ON in configurator.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Jakub
Servos go to max position?
You may try set the center of the servo in the software. Default is 0. Change the value to make the servo in the middle of its travel range. Then the auto stab may work.
Shoryuken is offline Find More Posts by Shoryuken
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
286 Posts
Wookong M Gimbal Problems

Some people seem to be attributing the gimbal twitch/movement problem to the GPS, has any one tried the same gimbal with the Naza?

Any feedback/thoughts?
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,603 Posts
Has anyone done any comparrison testing of the WKM with stock escs and SimonK's hex file reflashing? I have 6 stock HK blue series 30a escs that could be reflashed but if they work well as stock, I'll leave them as is and play with some RCT escs.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:51 AM
Joined Oct 2011
496 Posts
Not sure it could be fully due to GPS tho it seems to be repeatable as others mentioned but even on older firmware I did see this twitching. One time I accidentally forgot to connect the GPS after remounting it and flew. it was one of my smoothest flight/vid. If you ask why I flew without GPS lock, it just stopped raining and pretty cloudy / gloomy so I thought it was just that it couldn't really get sat. after the flight I did see smooth video but when panning you can see slight twitching. When I relaized i've had my GPS disconnected I tried to prove it, remove the GPS but there are no physical difference maybe slight twitchy with GPS on but could be the wind.

Still waiting for my naza and I plan to try the same mount
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackpool
Joined Aug 2011
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
Not sure it could be fully due to GPS tho it seems to be repeatable as others mentioned but even on older firmware I did see this twitching. One time I accidentally forgot to connect the GPS after remounting it and flew. it was one of my smoothest flight/vid. If you ask why I flew without GPS lock, it just stopped raining and pretty cloudy / gloomy so I thought it was just that it couldn't really get sat. after the flight I did see smooth video but when panning you can see slight twitching. When I relaized i've had my GPS disconnected I tried to prove it, remove the GPS but there are no physical difference maybe slight twitchy with GPS on but could be the wind.

Still waiting for my naza and I plan to try the same mount
Interesting, I am waiting for a Naza at my local dealer to come into stock, will try a comaparison also.
VerticalVue is offline Find More Posts by VerticalVue
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:02 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Foldable Octocopter

Just assembled my first foldable Octo

He will have DJI inside
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:15 PM
United States, IN, Westfield
Joined Sep 2007
91 Posts
WK-M and X468 camera gimbal

There has been a lot of talk about the gimbal stabilization and twitching. Also saw something about twitching when the GPS signal is set. Below is a boring video that shows the WK-M with the gimbal stabilization set up. I am flying in a lot of wind. Since I've also seen a bunch of people not believe how strong the wind is, I flew this around my weather station instrumentation on the roof. You can also hear the wind. The camera is a GoPro that I Velcro to the camera mount. There is not post production stabilization, just raw video.

Oh yeah, I did have twitching on servos before I changed them out for Savox sh-0262mg servos. Now it is smooth as silk.

With a 5000MAH pack I am getting 8:30 flying time on my vector 550 frame.

DJI Wookong Gimbal test in wind (6 min 56 sec)

Lou
lperagallo is offline Find More Posts by lperagallo
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
496 Posts
I could be wrong but I think some of the wobble on the video are the twitch 0:41 or 2:10 and some other parts I meant no disrespect it could be that twitch is being masked. But you are quite right the wind is blowing quite hard. I envy you as I see less vibration on your gopro with that wind. If it has been calmer it would have been a smooth.
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:49 PM
United States, IN, Westfield
Joined Sep 2007
91 Posts
There isn't any twitching. I could create another video showing the gimbal but that would be even more boring. I created a video of the twitch when I first saw it, but I can't find it to show you what it looked like. It was a constant stepping back and forth in both axis. The winds today were wild. I attached a view of my weather station for winds. Look bewteen noon and 3:00PM. Not only were they very gusty, but the direction was changing quite a bit. I had the twitch early on when I was using Hitec and futaba servos. The Savox solved the twitch.

Lou
lperagallo is offline Find More Posts by lperagallo
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:56 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
There has been a lot of talk about the gimbal stabilization and twitching. Also saw something about twitching when the GPS signal is set. Below is a boring video that shows the WK-M with the gimbal stabilization set up. I am flying in a lot of wind. Since I've also seen a bunch of people not believe how strong the wind is, I flew this around my weather station instrumentation on the roof. You can also hear the wind. The camera is a GoPro that I Velcro to the camera mount. There is not post production stabilization, just raw video.

Oh yeah, I did have twitching on servos before I changed them out for Savox sh-0262mg servos. Now it is smooth as silk.

With a 5000MAH pack I am getting 8:30 flying time on my vector 550 frame.

http://youtu.be/lMDs37Azyuo

Lou
I'm sorry, but with that much wind, the twitching is definitely going to be masked. Your gimbal is moving all over the place, and you'd only see this when it is relatively calm, where the quad is basically hovering. You mount is working well, and it appears you have the gains dialed in pretty well, but this video doesn't really prove anything, one way or another.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
There isn't any twitching. I could create another video showing the gimbal but that would be even more boring. I created a video of the twitch when I first saw it, but I can't find it to show you what it looked like. It was a constant stepping back and forth in both axis. The winds today were wild. I attached a view of my weather station for winds. Look bewteen noon and 3:00PM. Not only were they very gusty, but the direction was changing quite a bit. I had the twitch early on when I was using Hitec and futaba servos. The Savox solved the twitch.

Lou
Hi Lou, please show us the video of the gimbal with and without gps fix. We would like to give as much information to DJI so then can fix this twitching problem. My AV130 came with savox servos too and don't twitch. Also I was using my crappy mktr with HS5245MG (for roll servo), the same thing, no twitching. I'm still thinking this is a hardware not firmware problem.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt