Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,080 Posts
Sidney,

When you state it will be available are we talking PPM in or are you talking about S-Bus as they are two different means of sending all signals through 1 channel. I might have to buy an 8FG if only S-Bus will be supported, if not I'll stick with a FrSky module in something.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:38 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymatt View Post
Ok, here we go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rw7t...el_video_title

I mounted the IMU on velcro instead of the supplied double sided tape rounds. My white light flashes went away and all seems well.

GPS hold and altitude seem to work VERY well. Super impressed there.

But I am still not seeing the overall stability of my HF Pro. It still has little wobbles every now and then.

Can you confirm the gain controls. Attitude gain only affects the response time of the sticks in attitude mode correct? That's is how I read it in the manual. So for tuning stability I would be focusing on the Basic Gain only, correct? I have gone from min to max on my knobs, there is a change, but not as much as I am used too. Even at max end point of my knob channels I can't seem to get to 400 - as mentioned in a previous post being the max gain.

Also - I cannot see how you can enable fail-safe/come home without not using one of the other features (Manual, Atti, Atti GPS). At least how I see it you could set your three position to Atti, Atti GPS and Fail Safe. But not all 4 since there is no switch position in-between switch positions... does that make sense?

Your gains are to low hence the slow drifting..
What are your basic gain adjustments for that flight? What is the max gain adjustment that your knobs will allow?
If you set your knobs to center. Then manually change the gains to the max setting you were flying at can you then turn them up to 400?

Fail safe. Its a little confusing, I agree. I have been the DJI Dist for years so this is all easy to me so let me try to help.

Go into the TX calibration page in software. Then go into travel adjustment in TX (end points etc.) for the control mode switch. Adjust one end of travel until you see the slider in software move into the fail safe area. At this point you will then set your fail safe in your TX to remember current channel settings. I put my throttle to mid-stick also. Now put the control mode switch travel back to manual. Select Hovering or RTH in software.

Now turn off TX and verify that the TX calibration goes to fail safe.

To force, RTH without physically turning off Tx.you need to make a special mix in the TX with a switch that puts the control mode switch to the fail safe area (adjust travel to the fail safe area). Now you can just flip a switch on the TX. DJI reads fail safe.

Hope that made sense.

Let me know about your gain adjustments max settings. You can always call me if needed. I'm always around to help with customer service.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:40 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccoloflyer View Post
did you stock Killy's Y6?
Yes.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:43 AM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymatt View Post
Ok, here we go.

I mounted the IMU on velcro instead of the supplied double sided tape rounds. My white light flashes went away and all seems well.

GPS hold and altitude seem to work VERY well. Super impressed there.

But I am still not seeing the overall stability of my HF Pro. It still has little wobbles every now and then.

Can you confirm the gain controls. Attitude gain only affects the response time of the sticks in attitude mode correct? That's is how I read it in the manual. So for tuning stability I would be focusing on the Basic Gain only, correct? I have gone from min to max on my knobs, there is a change, but not as much as I am used too. Even at max end point of my knob channels I can't seem to get to 400 - as mentioned in a previous post being the max gain.

Also - I cannot see how you can enable fail-safe/come home without not using one of the other features (Manual, Atti, Atti GPS). At least how I see it you could set your three position to Atti, Atti GPS and Fail Safe. But not all 4 since there is no switch position in-between switch positions... does that make sense?
Thanks for the review rallymat, not very promising conclusions though.
Was there any wind during your tests?

Iīd love to have a MK alternative too, but I donīt see the candidates doing the work correctly even this.

In my opinion, before launching what aims to be a professional product, much more work had to be done before getting to market. A groups of qualified beta testers should have been given this product to review for free, and asked to make a review and 3 or 4 videos each, 2 onboard HD videos, and 2 normal videos. After this stage, the manufacturer or distribuitors, do have to do their own work showing to potential customers what this board is able to do with more high quality videos. But not the way dealers and manufacturer are doing now, offering a 200$ discount coupon to their final customers for doing their work and have free promotional work done.

Donīt get my words wrong, itīs just what I think, and I personally would go with the first product that meets my needs and forget about the MK "wiki world"
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Sidney,

When you state it will be available are we talking PPM in or are you talking about S-Bus as they are two different means of sending all signals through 1 channel. I might have to buy an 8FG if only S-Bus will be supported, if not I'll stick with a FrSky module in something.
Ya, I don't care about SBUS. Why would I have to pay more for less.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:51 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavess View Post
Thanks for the review rallymat, not very promising conclusions though.
Was there any wind during your tests?

Iīd love to have a MK alternative too, but I donīt see the candidates doing the work correctly even this.

In my opinion, before launching what aims to be a professional product, much more work had to be done before getting to market. A groups of qualified beta testers should have been given this product to review for free, and asked to make a review and 3 or 4 videos each, 2 onboard HD videos, and 2 normal videos. After this stage, the manufacturer or distribuitors, do have to do their own work showing to potential customers what this board is able to do with more high quality videos. But not the way dealers and manufacturer are doing now, offering a 200$ discount coupon to their final customers for doing their work and have free promotional work done.

Donīt get my words wrong, itīs just what I think, and I personally would go with the first product that meets my needs and forget about the MK "wiki world"

You are completely wrong in your statements. Based purely on your opinion which I respect and appreciate. Beta testers? Do you know how many people have been testing these? Of course, not. I have faith Matt will get his setup adjusted correctly and other customers will be posting their results also.

I have personally tested and set the WK-M's on many different platforms and they work amazing. If not, why would we sell them.

Lets wait and let other end users post results before making a blanket statement. If the WK-M is junk, overpriced, over hyped then it should and will come to light and DJI is marketing for a short term business model to take as much money on a inferior product. Lets be real here. What kind of sustainable business model is that.

Don't forget we and people fly these autopilots on $30k plus helicopters on a daily basis.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:55 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
Just set up my WK-M. No throttle down/rudder right arming? After it initializes, it's armed.
Shortest review ever!?
Matt Chester is offline Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:02 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post

2) Power Module supporting 7.4 to 26v
Could you please elaborate a little?
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:28 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,122 Posts
DJI products have, and have always had, a setup curve that requires the "test and adjust" method. Once you get it down, expect a smooth flying machine with a sole purpose of getting you the clean shots and making you money. Before the transmitter adjustment feature, it was a laborous process of flying, landing, tweaking, flying, etc. I tested for months on the DJI AceOne / Logo 700 before I felt like she was ready to earn her keep. Since then (almost 9 months ago) I haven't touched a thing.

RallyMatt will get it right soon...he just did the initial setup and flight report. Time to hunker down and tweak those values! Mine should be here tomorrow, then its install time on the droidworx
Matt
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:51 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebandre View Post
Could you please elaborate a little?
Sidney, this is your cup of tea.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:04 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,144 Posts
I wish someone would please shoot a closeup vid if they cannot get onboard vid. I am hesitant to get 1 cus the vids I see the craft looks like it has a slight wobble. I am hoping it is just the setups as this platform looks promising. Here is another vid where you can see the wobble->

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk2MjUyNjAw.html
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:15 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I wish someone would please shoot a closeup vid if they cannot get onboard vid. I am hesitant to get 1 cus the vids I see the craft looks like it has a slight wobble. I am hoping it is just the setups as this platform looks promising. Here is another vid where you can see the wobble->

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk2MjUyNjAw.html
I will get some video of the UAVFrame Quad in flight today. Also, if I get time I will mount a camera on it for onboard footage.

I would like to show gain adjustment in flight when it gets to high and then bringing it down etc..

I have been waiting for the Hexa's to show up for video but I'll shoehorn a AV130 on it and get some onboard video also. I have a little Pany SD9 I can use.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:18 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post
I will get some video of the UAVFrame Quad in flight today. Also, if I get time I will mount a camera on it for onboard footage.

I would like to show gain adjustment in flight when it gets to high and then bringing it down etc..

I have been waiting for the Hexa's to show up for video but I'll shoehorn a AV130 on it and get some onboard video also. I have a little Pany SD9 I can use.
That would be sweet thanks alot.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:24 AM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post
You are completely wrong in your statements. Based purely on your opinion which I respect and appreciate. Beta testers? Do you know how many people have been testing these? Of course, not. I have faith Matt will get his setup adjusted correctly and other customers will be posting their results also.

I have personally tested and set the WK-M's on many different platforms and they work amazing. If not, why would we sell them.

Lets wait and let other end users post results before making a blanket statement. If the WK-M is junk, overpriced, over hyped then it should and will come to light and DJI is marketing for a short term business model to take as much money on a inferior product. Lets be real here. What kind of sustainable business model is that.

Don't forget we and people fly these autopilots on $30k plus helicopters on a daily basis.
Rerazor,
Donīt want to enter on an endless discussion on this, specially when I think that making things like I described would improve your success.

Of course I donīt know how many beta testers (if any) have been involved, because their reviews are not public, perhaps Iīm missing a link with those reviews, if so apologies. Iīm not making a blanked statement, I neither have said that that board is junk, overpriced or even over hyped.

I'm saying that introducing a new professional product with the lacks I have described (info, videos, reviews and so on) and giving this work to the end user is a mistake. But as you said, itīs only my opinion.

As I said before, I wish this is going to be a serious competition to MK, but itīll take time to know it thatīs for sure.
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess