HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:17 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post

I'm sure a more affordable version for the non-professional will eventually come to market.
Before end of this year ..... you will get the first production sample from me.
Engineering sample before Thanksgiving, I promise.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:18 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
I truly understand but these FC's are intended for the High End AP crowd. Its the same as the DJI Ace One. Many thought the Ace One's were to expensive and the cheap Helicommand hobby versions were sufficient. For some, the HC is and was fine. However, for real AP work a solid, reliable system pays for itself many times over. We now have the WK-S for the Scale and Sport demographic. Some in the AP industry are finding it useful but it has limitations and less features as the Ace One.

The same concept is happening with the WK-M. It will evolve as the FC system for the serious AP professional. It will pay for itself many times over to be able to get the shot, get paid and make a living.

I'm sure a more affordable version for the non-professional will eventually come to market.
I bet they could lower the price considerably if they offered a version without GPS.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:18 AM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch001 View Post
From the videos and pictures the DJI-m looks incredible and I'm really looking forward to some reviews. However, I don't think I will be interested as long as the price is above $1000.
I cannot believe how many times a day i visit this thread just to see if there are any new posts.I am genuinely excited about this product.....Why,you ask?
Well.....
I am fairly new to this multirotor game but have probably spent at least 1000 on KKs Multiwiis FYs etc but all have disappointed me.As a beginner heli pilot you are always told to buy the biggest/best you can,because they are more stable and often more durable.This controller is the same point.It is well built,appears very very stable and should make my learning experience soooo much easier.
I think therefore that initial outlay is high ,yes but for me it is well worth it.So good for beginners, and all you experienced flyers too.
Nuff said.
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:19 AM
Spiritual Hovering
Paris, France
Joined Sep 2010
257 Posts
Quote:
I truly understand but these FC's are intended for the High End AP crowd. Its the same as the DJI Ace One. Many thought the Ace One's were to expensive and the cheap Helicommand hobby versions were sufficient. For some, the HC is and was fine. However, for real AP work a solid, reliable system pays for itself many times over. We now have the WK-S for the Scale and Sport demographic. Some in the AP industry are finding it useful but it has limitations and less features as the Ace One.

The same concept is happening with the WK-M. It will evolve as the FC system for the serious AP professional. It will pay for itself many times over to be able to get the shot, get paid and make a living.

About "professional AP" for a living, don't forget the global trend where each country is preparing a regulation for aerial work.
WK-M is a product in this focus. It appears from a national regualtion draft, that those professional declaring such a n activity will have to expose their UAV, describing the security/redundancy features.

I hope DJI providing this market will catch this trend, delivering firmware upgrade where security, failover, redundancy will be present...
... for professional and secure AP. (complying with upcoming laws)

BTW: When do you send coupon to place order in your shop?
Coptaire is offline Find More Posts by Coptaire
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:36 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,080 Posts
Yammysho they are 30a units on the AVRotos. If you need anything let me know.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:00 AM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
186 Posts
Quote:
...I'm sure a more affordable version for the non-professional will eventually come to market.
Very cool!
arch001 is offline Find More Posts by arch001
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:46 AM
Nemo in a blender
The Netherlands-Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
Connexxion is offline Find More Posts by Connexxion
Last edited by Connexxion; Aug 27, 2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: misread
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
Nashville TN
Joined Jan 2011
229 Posts
motor - ESC chart

Found this chart on ESC and motor combos they have tested on the WK-M.

Hobbywing ESC, APC Props, Dualsky motors.

ESC - Motor chart
BrokenRotor is online now Find More Posts by BrokenRotor
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:16 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
that's an RC-Carbon frame
Were can I get one like this ??? I want it ! lol
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:43 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari View Post
I cannot believe how many times a day i visit this thread just to see if there are any new posts.I am genuinely excited about this product.....Why,you ask?
Well.....
I am fairly new to this multirotor game but have probably spent at least 1000 on KKs Multiwiis FYs etc but all have disappointed me.As a beginner heli pilot you are always told to buy the biggest/best you can,because they are more stable and often more durable.This controller is the same point.It is well built,appears very very stable and should make my learning experience soooo much easier.
I think therefore that initial outlay is high ,yes but for me it is well worth it.So good for beginners, and all you experienced flyers too.
Nuff said.
Paul, I have been playing with multi rotors for about a year and I look at my MK as a tool that works for the job. I have seen my friends use a variety of FC's and some work and some don't. I enjoy tinkering with my KK, Ardu based FC's. But when I want to really work, I turn to my MK. I am hoping that the WK-M is as reliable and less of a hassle to set up. $1200 for a FC is not cheap, but as you stated, you can spend a lot more on experiments. I have a HeliCommand Rigid on my Align 700E. It works well, but.... I am considering selling it and the 700 and just keeping my 550 with a DJI WK-Scale FC. Just my $.02. Cheers!
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:48 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
email me
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Derby
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Paul, I have been playing with multi rotors for about a year and I look at my MK as a tool that works for the job. I have seen my friends use a variety of FC's and some work and some don't. I enjoy tinkering with my KK, Ardu based FC's. But when I want to really work, I turn to my MK. I am hoping that the WK-M is as reliable and less of a hassle to set up. $1200 for a FC is not cheap, but as you stated, you can spend a lot more on experiments. I have a HeliCommand Rigid on my Align 700E. It works well, but.... I am considering selling it and the 700 and just keeping my 550 with a DJI WK-Scale FC. Just my $.02. Cheers!
I agree that MK appears to be a very capable solution.It looks so daunting to me though.I dont think that it is well documented enough to give a fool proof result.The DJI appears simpler than even the MultiWii config., and being simple too,it will suit me as well,i hope.
Thanks for your reply.Hope to fly soon!
paulujvari is offline Find More Posts by paulujvari
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:22 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Aug 2010
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari View Post
I dont think that it is well documented enough to give a fool proof
No multi is going to give you a fool-proof result. No chance.

TONS of variables outside the controller.
rallymatt is offline Find More Posts by rallymatt
Old Aug 27, 2011, 03:35 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
In your country !!!

Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:23 PM
United States, AL, Odenville
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Robert, have you send the emails with the discount already, if you did I haven't received one yet. Please, let me know.

I don't think the price is high from a point of view of actually making a profit with it. I am new to multicopters coming from the world of helis, but I can tell you this, that this board is like the Red One of cameras. This thing is like a good pro camera that doesn't get in the way of the photographer when taking pictures.

DJI saw a need, and as good entrepeneurs they are, they fulfilled that need with a product that will deliver.

Competition, as they say, is a good thing.
jofs3d is offline Find More Posts by jofs3d