HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:13 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I got my shipping notice as well.

Mine is initially going on a VC-550-X8, which has eight Hyperion ZS2213-33 motors with 25A Hyperion controllers, running on 4s. This will get it flying as quick as possible. Right now this has an mkTR Pro gimbaled camera mount, but I'm a little worried that this setup might be on the heavy side, once I put a decent camera on it. The new Sony NEX 7 might be okay, but I don't know for sure.

Eventually, I want this on a new build Y6 frame that I'm having Tom (vic20owner...) look at for me. This will be larger 650-700mm...) and I plan to use Hyperion ZS3025-10 motors and the Hyperion 45A 6s controllers. This will probably be run on 5s. The mkTR Pro will end up on this one, and I'll probably go to a gimbaled GoPro mount for the X8.

-- Gary
And I shipped yours Next Day Express.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:14 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
It does not make sense to me to design a top notch Flight controller and let it be driven by cheap ESC.
Its like sky jumping , you just hope the shoot will open.

Hey Don't pick on " Sky Jumpers ! "

With 2000 jumps now I can tell you I no longer just hope the shoot will open. I KNOW it will. modern gear is fiendishly reliable. what kills skyjumpers now is high performance landings

Swoop FreeStyle Crashes (1 min 14 sec)

When base jumping though I can tell you for sure you are right, I certainly DO just " hope " the shoot opens.... we only carry one and its constantly on my mind until it is wide open!

now I have ordered one of these WK-Ms and I hope its just a reliable as my skydiving gear !
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Last edited by jetbootz; Aug 26, 2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: link
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:01 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Im asking this question because I simply dont know the answer but I am confused with something. I may have it all wrong so anyone feel free to correct me.

Someone in the past has mentioned that the maximum mechanical practicalities of motors cant handle more than 100hz.
Is this true? and if it is how does it relate to what tomrock is saying?

Maybe I am getting my info all mixed up and out of relevance?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrock View Post
be sure i know what im talking about ...im doing this for ok, forget it !!...
its WELL-KNOWN that ref. Rates below 400Hz cant handle brushless engines for/on Multicopters quick enough to get a nice flight-result in windy conditions ! That 200Hz make`s it flying, ok but nothing else.

200hz is toooooo low for quick reactions in windy conditions!
is as simple as that !
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,064 Posts
First technical question, how do you build a custom mixer table for the DJI? I'll be putting mine on a Y6 frame that currently has an MK board powering the ESCs through an I2C converter. I know how to build a mixer table for Mk and there a couple things you have to be aware of for it to work so it's probably not much different with this.

I see in the manual there are % entries to be made for each motor in throttle, yaw, pitch, and roll. Percent of what? How do you set the motor direction? Is it by using positive and negative numbers like it is in MK? The manual only has this to say... "If the model of your multi rotor is not on the table, you can customize the parameters here according to your multi rotor."

Not exactly the most descriptive instructions on how to do a mixer table!
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:38 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
X650 esc???

Does anyone know if the 4 in 1 ESC off the XAircraft X650 would work with the Wookong-M?

Thanks
Yammysho is online now Find More Posts by Yammysho
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:40 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Unless you could set custom ESC start points and min and max settings I highly doubt it.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Unless you could set custom ESC start points and min and max settings I highly doubt it.
Yeah that's what I was wondering, having not seen the full config application?

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
That's too bad. They should add that. Even open pilot has this config. Its not hard either.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:59 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Without it though 95% of all escs will still work I'd say. The ultrapwm of the XA stuff is just massively different from a normal esc.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Well yea. Plus those update at 500hz maybe mitmit will get all excited.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:12 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Without it though 95% of all escs will still work I'd say. The ultrapwm of the XA stuff is just massively different from a normal esc.
What do you guys think of the HobbyKing blue series as a replacement, say 20A?

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:13 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
well yea. Plus those update at 500hz maybe mitmit will get all excited.
:d:d
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
Multicopter AP centric
Canada, AB
Joined Jan 2011
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I got my shipping notice as well.

Mine is initially going on a VC-550-X8, which has eight Hyperion ZS2213-33 motors with 25A Hyperion controllers, running on 4s. This will get it flying as quick as possible. Right now this has an mkTR Pro gimbaled camera mount, but I'm a little worried that this setup might be on the heavy side, once I put a decent camera on it. The new Sony NEX 7 might be okay, but I don't know for sure.

-- Gary
Wow that sounds very similarl to my setup. It seems a bit tight once you get the props on there. I am documenting my build here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487598

If the DJI option would have been out a couple of weeks earlier I probably would have gone with that - the videos are very impressive. I would love to see your setup.
mbsteed is offline Find More Posts by mbsteed
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:53 AM
Germany, NRW, Cologne
Joined Feb 2011
49 Posts
@Stacky

u can easily check it with your CC-Board...turn the Output Frequency in the GCS stepwise down and try to fly your VTail...and be carefull.
it would fly with 200Hz i think - maybe even with 100HZ...but..
...see and tell (them) here what happens if there is not enough Communication Speed (below 400HZ) between FC and the ESC...

cheers...
tomrock is offline Find More Posts by tomrock
Old Aug 27, 2011, 03:08 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Tomrock, thanks for the info. I will give it a try for fun. Cheers
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky