HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:36 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
How you do know Hoverfly is made in USA? Just because they are located in Florida? The last time I bought transistor from US factory was 1979 after that we hardly made any electronic components. Too expensive is the reason.

Screen shot of gain parameter and return home options.

sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:05 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
They have some video footage they themselves shot of the Hoverfly boards being made in a US production line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
How you do know Hoverfly is made in USA? Just because they are located in Florida? The last time I bought transistor from US factory was 1979 after that we hardly made any electronic components. Too expensive is the reason.

Screen shot of gain parameter and return home options.

Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:33 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Assembled in U.S.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:38 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Assembled in U.S.
US company, owned and operated by Americans, running their own forum on here where they are active everyday http://www.rcgroups.com/hoverfly-technologies-711/ . Engineering and design by Americans, software to run the board is designed and written by Americans. Assembled in the USA.

Sounds American to me.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:52 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
US company, owned and operated by Americans, running their own forum on here where they are active everyday http://www.rcgroups.com/hoverfly-technologies-711/ . Engineering and design by Americans, software to run the board is designed and written by Americans. Assembled in the USA.

Sounds American to me.
......with Chinese components (globalization) good bye Silicon Valley

greetings!
enrique
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:37 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Still don't quite get the made in USA thing in this thread .... from New Zealand.
I am an American, I totally don't see the point..... move on.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:45 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
whoosh right over your head....
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:55 AM
djiusa.com / uavproducts.com
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
20 WK-M's due today and shipping to customers. 30 more will be here on Tuesday. I will contact the rest of the pre-order customers then open the shopping cart after that and and of course order 50 more.

Will update.

I should just start a new thread, it would be nice to keep it professional and educational but it seems the off topics run very rampant here. Oh well........it is all fun after all.

Note: Born and raised in Michigan, I do like Chinese (American style)
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:27 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post
20 WK-M's due today and shipping to customers. 30 more will be here on Tuesday. I will contact the rest of the pre-order customers then open the shopping cart after that and and of course order 50 more.

Will update.

I should just start a new thread, it would be nice to keep it professional and educational but it seems the off topics run very rampant here. Oh well........it is all fun after all.

Note: Born and raised in Michigan, I do like Chinese (American style)
good idea ! a WK-M owner thread...
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:57 AM
Germany, NRW, Cologne
Joined Feb 2011
49 Posts
Dear Moneymaker...s...
omg !!! ...200Hz refresh -out to esc- frequency...this is not a evolution at all.
At my knowledge its a big step back !
i guess/bet it would be a little to slow to handle the Copter in windy conditions.

maybe im wrong
...but whats the reason for that huge pricing?? 3x 300$ Gyros inside?
i dont think so.

maybe im wrong
...but if i would open this FC maybe there is a well-known electronic layout on-board ? the software screen reminds me of something im already have seen and used with an other System... ;-)

The new thing is the aggressive pricing...its a bit funny..nothing really new..but pricing like a "Premium-New Invented-All better doing-Autopilot"
tell us something about the "unique features" that make the price comprehensible

just my thoughts,if im wrong...there will be tons of sorrys from my side.

too many "maybe`s"... so we wait and see..or we wait and waste..
tomrock is offline Find More Posts by tomrock
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:28 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrock View Post
Dear Moneymaker...s...
omg !!! ...200Hz refresh -out to esc- frequency...this is not a evolution at all.
At my knowledge its a big step back !
i guess/bet it would be a little to slow to handle the Copter in windy conditions.

maybe im wrong
...but whats the reason for that huge pricing?? 3x 300$ Gyros inside?
i dont think so.

maybe im wrong
...but if i would open this FC maybe there is a well-known electronic layout on-board ? the software screen reminds me of something im already have seen and used with an other System... ;-)

The new thing is the aggressive pricing...its a bit funny..nothing really new..but pricing like a "Premium-New Invented-All better doing-Autopilot"
tell us something about the "unique features" that make the price comprehensible

just my thoughts,if im wrong...there will be tons of sorrys from my side.

too many "maybe`s"... so we wait and see..or we wait and waste..
Dear Mr tomrock, yes you are all wrong. Thank you.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:35 AM
Germany, NRW, Cologne
Joined Feb 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Dear Mr tomrock, yes you are all wrong. Thank you.

...i hope so - Dude...
but at simple technical behaviors (the 200hz case) i cant be that wrong...think about it for a second...please!
tomrock is offline Find More Posts by tomrock
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Weston-super-Mare
Joined Jul 2010
478 Posts
Quote:
...i hope so - Dude...
but at simple technical behaviors (the 200hz case) i cant be that wrong...think about it for a second...please!
I think maybe you're misunderstanding the spec - the "regular" PWM update rate for all RC is 50Hz. Driving at 200Hz gives a worthwhile improvement to responsiveness. Not a step backwards. OpenPilot CC (and some other boards) can drive ESC at up to 400Hz.
jes1111 is offline Find More Posts by jes1111
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:49 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
...i hope so - Dude...
When I read the spec, I read that as a minimum requirement of ESC with 200Hz. I can understand, you have some doubts, a chinese made autopilot product that cost thousands of dollars. I know DJI is a not a st product because I've seen (the DJI Ace One) with my own eyes. I know their support is good as well.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:49 AM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,011 Posts
Quote:
...i hope so - Dude...
To make it compatible with the widest possible range of ESC's currently in use in the wild no doubt.

So let's put the pricing in perspective, a complete MK stack with 6 BL 2.0 will cost $1363.63 at MK.US, inclusive of everything electronic needed to make it fly except motors. With current discount the DJI unit can be had for $1200 until the end of September. Add in say 6 Turnigy Plush ESC for $20 each and we have $1320 or slightly less $ than the MK hardware so don't be fooled into thinking you can build an MK for less $ than the cost of a DJI. Even at the nondiscounted price it still isn't significantly more expensive than the MK electronics. From what I've seen on a few videos and heard from people I know and trust that were at IRCHA and actually flew one of these, they are as good as any MK now flying.

The only way to tell for certain is to compare, I currently have two MK Hexa with Photohigher AV130 camera mounts and a recently built frame waiting for delivery of a DJI unit, I'll know the answer soon enough.
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder