Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dfd View Post
Doesn't really matter how clear the video is as long as we can see something of stability of the craft
Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is a crappy video.
Matt Chester is offline Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
he clearly was making a point that he didnt see anything that backed up the claim by some that this would be better than MK. Personally Im hoping that it is better than MK. Others had brought up the MK thing and all dimitri did was offer an opposing view with a video that people questioned.
thanks buddy nice to know that you are not alone.
I second you, i hope it will be better then mk, although nothing saying about it yet.
I wonder what some people are just hoping that one miraculous day they can buy cheap pnp device, and immediately get all that previously had to spend tons of time and money.
That's why they are so angry when they see this day delayed a little again..

cheers
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Last edited by mitmit; Aug 25, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:27 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,758 Posts
Dimitri,
I think that there have been so many promising starts and then let downs the multirotor community is hopeful but then wary at the same time.

I think it individuals perspective depends mostly on their own experiences. I have a HoverflyPro board and I love it. For me its been fantastic and any problems I have had with the board have all ended up being a problem that wasnt the board but some other component or build issue. However there are others who have had genuine problems so their view of the HFP is not good.
I know some guys who are having the most appalling time with the MK stuff and others who have had a dream run. A friend of mine in Aussie has had his completely RTF MK for over a 6 weeks and still hasnt got any decent AP from it. Another guy i know had his fly perfectly and is getting great footage after a week.

Same deal with Open Pilot and Copter Control. Im having a battle getting mine to fly right but the majority of users are having a great time. My problems with the CC board are 99% likely to be my own making.
So there are some very experienced people on these forums who want to see a real competitor to Mk but are also sceptical having seen so many fail to deliver on initial promise and from that comes the grumpyness.

Also everyone has their own specific needs from their machines and so end up making judgements based on how a new product will fit their needs rather than the intended design of any new product. It also doesnt help that so many new products dont deliver on their most basic initial claims. The T580 being a good example oif that.

Im looking forward to seeing how people in here find the DJI after a few months of use. Hopefully its as good as it initially looks.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
The natives are Restless.
Matt Chester is offline Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:45 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
cool.. sounds good! keep us posted..

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
live hd broadcasting for news channel is one of my goals so this is important part of the story.

cheers
dimitri
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:56 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Speaking of good footages, does WK have a support for camera gimbal stabilization?
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:13 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Speaking of good footages, does WK have a support for camera gimbal stabilization?
Not that I have seen.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:32 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Yes it does, look at the gimbal config screen, the WK-M manual page 11.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:37 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Not that I have seen.
That's not correct. Here's the Gimbal section from the WK-M manual:
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:01 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
OOPS I'm sorry it looks like it does. I didnt think it had cam stab as I looked over the website and it does not mention cam stab at all. Unless I missed it.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Here is the software screen shot on gimbal.

sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Looks nice and straightforward. Holding off a 2nd okto purchase. Getting this one instead in September. =)
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:55 PM
Joined Jan 2008
2 Posts
here is an user made vid found on youku, a Xaircraft 650v equiped with WK-M, Hobbywing 18A ESCs, and self-made two axis Gopro gimbal, no software anti-shake applied to onboard vid......its' very intresting to see those magpies were trying to attack the quad

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk4MjU2MzY4.html
bmlee is offline Find More Posts by bmlee
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:18 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlee View Post
here is an user made vid found on youku, a Xaircraft 650v equiped with WK-M, Hobbywing 18A ESCs, and self-made two axis Gopro gimbal, no software anti-shake applied to onboard vid......its' very intresting to see those magpies were trying to attack the quad

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk4MjU2MzY4.html
i was impressed before but wow.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:29 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,633 Posts
Why aren't any of these made in the USA? Only Hoverfly is... :-(
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS