SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:57 AM
Germany, NRW, Cologne
Joined Feb 2011
49 Posts
...just another "overdeveloped" FC - with nothing like those crappy-Videos for Advertising ....lol......
and a Starting price ..i dont even wanna comment !

too many nerds want to make the Big-CASHING with those "Hobby - FC`s".

Light-years away from/for prof. using.
Maybe someone got the Idea and involved a Camera-Pro to develop a FlightControl without all that useless gadgets.
Till that happens its just another overpriced TOY...like those from all the other bigmouth "FC-Manufacturers"
i`m sorry but thats what I can see here
tomrock is offline Find More Posts by tomrock
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
I could care less about postion hold.. gps is fine for RTL but I want it to be smooth in trasition for video...
live hd broadcasting for news channel is one of my goals so this is important part of the story.

cheers
dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:03 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Just wait for a few weeks when people got their hands on the product. There'll be plenty of reviews, vids etc. The discount still applies in September so anyone who's interested can reserve their judgement with enough time to make final purchase decision.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:51 AM
not surprised.........
United Kingdom, Alford
Joined Jan 2005
90 Posts
In post #377 YOU said ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
ok, I'm out from here until you will post something from onboard wk. then I'll be back)
But later you post #389 & AGAIN in #393, so you just showed your not a man of your word & dont tell the truth, I rest my case.
CaLviNx is offline Find More Posts by CaLviNx
Last edited by CaLviNx; Aug 25, 2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:08 AM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
next guy posting video for these $1200 FC must show us some wind, 10 - 15 mph wind, I can do that hovering with a $100 FC (FY90Q)
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:14 AM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLviNx View Post
But later you post #389 & AGAIN in #393, so you just showed your not a man of your word & dont tell the truth, I rest my case.
some of you guys are really child's)
its to funny here just to stay back and wait)
why are you so unfriendly? have I offended you personally?

cheers
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Oct 2002
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Same friend does this on board video with CANON S95 (no post prod)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYrM4A0ktUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoL_gRqEgIc
Wow, thats a pretty crappy video.
Matt Chester is offline Find More Posts by Matt Chester
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:13 PM
Danvers Mass
Joined Apr 2005
119 Posts
Doesn't really matter how clear the video is as long as we can see something of stability of the craft
k1dfd is offline Find More Posts by k1dfd
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:28 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,065 Posts
Next week will be the key that should finally put this issue to bed, and let the whiners move on to something else. By then there will be enough of us who have these flying, and can post some appropriate videos.

Robert and I go a ways back, and once I saw his involvement, that was enough for me, and I ordered one. It should ship tomorrow. I also trust and value Gary Travis' opinions, as he and I struggled through the Turbo Ace X720 fiasco at the same time, and talked about it. In any case, the proof is in the pudding, as they say, so next week I plan on putting this through its paces. Where I live there is almost always an ocean breeze, which is gusting in nature. This, IMO, is the worst case for achieving accurate stabilization.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:28 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dfd View Post
Doesn't really matter how clear the video is as long as we can see something of stability of the craft
That's it !!!
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:24 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,193 Posts
Okay guys DJI is not selling a video camera or photo camera they are selling an FC for multirotors I do expect them to be making TV video forget what it looks like and judge the smoothness even in a snowy screen if its smooth thats what I am after. Lets stay on the subject as far as MK there is a thread for them as well lets just stay with the product at hand. As we all know there is no magic bullet but lets get as close as we can its worth giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
I am all in for new products and I am eagerly awaiting for the release of DJI's multi platform.
But how can they be building and testing a platform without any correctly configured AVP. Were are that platforms videos?
Sorry for my disbelief but I have seen promises made and broken numerous times on rcgroup forums.
It seems that lately a lot of companies are following Mark Zuckerberg's strategy. Release rushed untested products to market, then attempt to fix.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:23 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
I am all in for new products and I am eagerly awaiting for the release of DJI's multi platform.
But how can they be building and testing a platform without any correctly configured AVP. Were are that platforms videos?
Sorry for my disbelief but I have seen promises made and broken numerous times on rcgroup forums.
It seems that lately a lot of companies are following Mark Zuckerberg's strategy. Release rushed untested products to market, then attempt to fix.
I don't think it is use of DJI to release untested products...
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:38 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Man calling him a "bare faced liar" is pretty out there. he clearly was making a point that he didnt see anything that backed up the claim by some that this would be better than MK. Personally Im hoping that it is better than MK. Others had brought up the MK thing and all dimitri did was offer an opposing view with a video that people questioned. If you check out his other videos you will see that he does indeed have some very high quality footage.
This didnt need to get nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLviNx View Post
Ok time for a little analyzing of YOUR words....

You are correct this thread is NOT about the performance of the MK...

But YOU made it about the machines performance when YOU posted a video about how well the MK performed.

And if you are not here to prove anything to anyone why post in the first place ? as to post the video by its very nature is an attempt to provide visual evidence, which is viz a viz an attempt to prove a point, so by those provable facts here for everyone to see, and obtained from your own words and video, i submit that you sir are a bare faced LIAR.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
I guess they don't need to produce fancy selfpromoting videos. They just get a few units out to their existing users and then you'll see real-life tests and feedback by those hardcore AP/AV guys. Those looking for selfpromoting videos (for what turns out later to be at most kludgy products) can check out the XA threads
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~