HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
183 Posts
mitmit

The vid was posted on this thread for the benifit of those interested in the DJI wookong unit, I understand your commitment to the MK however this is a DJI thread, by the way how much was the cost of your MK unit? I have flown this unit in 10mph wind without issue, at present I am building a suitable camera mount for it, when done I will post some video from the quad. Also for those who know me they will tell you that I have flown and own several quads to include the MK my choice of all of them would be the Wookong unit based on performance and ease of set up
Gary
Gary Travis is offline Find More Posts by Gary Travis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:50 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Travis View Post
mitmit

The vid was posted on this thread for the benifit of those interested in the DJI wookong unit, I understand your commitment to the MK however this is a DJI thread, by the way how much was the cost of your MK unit? I have flown this unit in 10mph wind without issue, at present I am building a suitable camera mount for it, when done I will post some video from the quad. Also for those who know me they will tell you that I have flown and own several quads to include the MK my choice of all of them would be the Wookong unit based on performance and ease of set up
Gary
hey Gary,
ok, I'm out from here until you will post something from onboard wk. then I'll be back)
btw, just want to add that, from my point of view, it's not a right way to judge about things like this by the criteria of ease of setting up or customer support. this thing is supposed to be some kind of a tool for most of us, right? so the ease of setup (you usually need to do it once, aha), or CS of it is definitely derivative futures. it is good to have it and I have no doubt that by this futures wk are great comparing to mk, for example ( .
so returning to what I started from, we still have nothing really prove that this thing is great tool for our purposes, but a lot of speculative estimates that it just must be great..

so i'm still inclined to doubt but will be really happy if I'm wrong)
(uff, present- past- perfect- continious.. - this is not my favourite subject, sorry )

cheers
dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:01 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Well this thread has gone way off topic.

Its just a matter of time and when the WK-M gets into the end users hands then all this garbage will be moot.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
183 Posts
Robert
To each there own time will tell. My opinion is that it passes the stability test for sure
Gary

http://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnov...10/oFL1F70f5ek
Gary Travis is offline Find More Posts by Gary Travis
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:16 PM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
nah you can see him running about his car below, there is just no wind hehe
++1
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Last edited by piccoloflyer; Aug 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:23 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,033 Posts
I could care less about postion hold.. gps is fine for RTL but I want it to be smooth in trasition for video...

we all want something different... I am going to wait untill someone with a MK to compare this to on a 2+ kg quad or 2.5kg + hexa posts some onboard video.

Steve.... looking foreward to it
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:18 AM
not surprised.........
United Kingdom, Alford
Joined Jan 2005
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
I did not ask anyone here to judge this episode) this thread is not about my mk performance. some people and Robert, for sure know what I'm talking about. Im not going to prove anything to anyone, sorry.
I ask Robert to post something like this, actually 10-15 seconds more than enough to see how well it can hold position and hover, for experienced person of course.

cheers
Ok time for a little analyzing of YOUR words....

You are correct this thread is NOT about the performance of the MK...

But YOU made it about the machines performance when YOU posted a video about how well the MK performed.

And if you are not here to prove anything to anyone why post in the first place ? as to post the video by its very nature is an attempt to provide visual evidence, which is viz a viz an attempt to prove a point, so by those provable facts here for everyone to see, and obtained from your own words and video, i submit that you sir are a bare faced LIAR.
CaLviNx is offline Find More Posts by CaLviNx
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:18 AM
Joined Feb 2008
144 Posts
Well, regarding me, position hold in one of the keys to get many people into this.
we are currently selling gaui which are great for beginners and people with limited budgets. with distributing dji we are able to build our own quads for high end users, which do not have time and passion to solder other systems.
The key to really good images and smooth videos should be a good hand-eye coordination. The electronics should only assist you.
The computer in your head is the best you can use, upgrades itself and is always online.
I am sure, this system has lot more potential than all the other systems around, but that are just my 2c.
MAMOARMIN is offline Find More Posts by MAMOARMIN
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:37 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,033 Posts
Mamo.. agreed that eveyrone is different... but you can't make good video with junk hardware... it's just not possible... Gaui actually flies very well if you are lucky to get a good one... (QC is not so good)

FY 90Q flies well considering the price and ease of use...

neitehr are good enough for video in any sort of professional sense but they are not priced at 1200$

Still though I remain positive here and hope for the best from DJI !!

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:39 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Same friend does this on board video with CANON S95 (no post prod)
DJI onboard video 01 (7 min 2 sec)

DJI onboard video 02 (2 min 36 sec)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:47 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Same friend does this on board video with CANON S95 (no post prod)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYrM4A0ktUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoL_gRqEgIc
Thanks for posting. Looks like it flies OK but hard to tell with that horrible video quality. Did the guy dunk the camera in water before filming LOL.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Did the guy dunk the camera in water before filming LOL.
No, that was me who recently dunk a new S95 in saltwater...

Seriously Maximus, tell us on what hardware the WK-M was mounted for that video and if the pilot had also spent 5 years of trying, like user "mitmit".

BTW, the S95 is nowhere making such horrible video quality. Can't imagine what your friend made.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:22 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Now shooting from ground !!!
DJI VH6 (5 min 55 sec)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:45 AM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLviNx View Post
Ok time for a little analyzing of YOUR words....

.. you sir are a bare faced LIAR.
hehe)
well, if the case was transferred to direct accusations, let's look at everything from the beginning, last time.
There are three major applications for multicopters, namely:
toy. aerial photography. aerial video.
in terms of configuration and quality of the flight, I put these three applications from the most simple to the most complex.
the way from the first to second is not very large, ie if you learned to fly a toy, most likely you'll be able to do (some) AP.
the way from the second to third is much more complicated, of course if we considering professional quality for commercial applications.

stumbled on information about a new DJI product I found this thread and what I saw - few hand-shoot videos, these videos are appropriate for assessing wk-m as a good toy, or, if additional investment in a good frame and camera mount - for aerial photography. nothing to prove that product could be good for AV, but many words that it is better than mk for sure in all meanings.

while the main seller confidently asserts that the new product throughout greater then mk,
videos posted here are quite insufficient to assess the quality of the flight in terms of shooting video, and words perceived without documentary evidence is not very true, right?
and I'm a liar here, what a surprise)

Now you must understand that we are talking about different quality criterias. for you, probably like most people here, there is more than enough quality visible in the videos here.
for me and a couple of people more, the above video is nothing to assess the quality.

if to say more, then according to the replies, most people here doesn't understand of ​​what a quality aerial video is.
I showed mk video only to provide a starting point for comparing the quality in terms of shooting AV, nothing more.

I'm not going to prove something to people who have no idea what I'm talking about - cause it's useless waste of time.

new product is also interesting for me, so I'm here.
time will show, I wish it'll be really good thing too..

cheers
Dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:56 AM
Hex
Joined Aug 2011
51 Posts
WK-M is not available, When you'll have it?
Hex is offline Find More Posts by Hex