HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:04 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Then he should have no problem plugging in 2 leds or answering my question; so far he did neither, including ignoring the led question asked many times.
I have answered the LED question in previous post. Or, you can PM me which I believe the best for answering questions. This thread is growing fast and not a place to answer specific question. Let's be fair.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2980
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:11 PM
Consistently Inconsistent
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRotor View Post
I believe your flashing light is the "yellow" first level battery warning. I enabled battery monitor on mine and had this same issue at first. I am still tuning the battery monitor settings, but I went much lower than the defaults. Now I get the yellow flash about one minute before it reaches the lower voltage Red limit. My 3.3V buzzer almost matches the Red level. I'll post the battery settings next time I connect to the IMU.
And......I think you are 100% corrrect.
Thank you Kind Sir.
In reviewing a few settings, I agree.

:-)
kosins is offline Find More Posts by kosins
Old Oct 07, 2011, 10:34 PM
Hex
Joined Aug 2011
51 Posts
Hi Boris, that's pretty nice product. But too sad, how we can order? I cant find any info. on regarding purchasing.
Hex is offline Find More Posts by Hex
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
183 Posts
Been off for awhile getting a project finished, on returning here I got my chuckle for the day when reading " assuming you really work there", Sydney I wish I could have seen your face when reading that. Just to clear it up Yes Sydney works there I know first hand! If he didn't they whould shurley be upset with him for flying on the roof!!!
Gary
Gary Travis is offline Find More Posts by Gary Travis
Last edited by Gary Travis; Oct 07, 2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
I have answered the LED question in previous post. Or, you can PM me which I believe the best for answering questions. This thread is growing fast and not a place to answer specific question. Let's be fair.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2980
I do not use privmsg as its difficult to archive, search through, or keep track of.
However you're welcome to email me using the 'send this user email' feature of the forum. While you did "answer" the LED question, that was obviously not the answer the owner of your hardware was looking for. He was specifically asking if he can run more than one LED module, and you, being somehow affiliated with DJI, should have much quicker way to test this than someone who can't even BUY the LED module separately. Common sense here, if you have a product and a customer is asking if it can do A + B, you being the manufacturer, can quickly plug A + B in and verify it working or not. Answering "We never tried A + B because i'm too damn lazy to reach over to the 2nd module laying on my desk and plug it in" is definitely not gonna win you any more sales.

I figured it might be difficult for you to locate "email this user" link, so here it is below:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sendm...ember&u=340315

An appropriate answer from someone who claims to work at this place would be:
"I plugged in 2 leds and it worked as expected" or
"I plugged in 2nd led and the entire power module exploded, so please don't do that".
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Last edited by timecop; Oct 07, 2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: lolling on lols
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2011, 12:00 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
[QUOTE=BorisSA;19533629]gonna give these ESCs a try with the WKM on my new octo build, looking forward to the results !

+1

Very interested in the results. Do you think they will have faster response than regular esc? I wonder if the esc can handle 30-50 amps per 8 motors.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Oct 08, 2011, 12:06 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
[QUOTE=BorisSA;19533749]Hi Milo2

they are Herkules II ESCs capable of I2C and PPM.

All infos on http://www.andreasbaier.de/index.php...-functionality

Boris[/QUOTE
I've been contemplating this ESC for quite a while.
I'm not edifiied as to how to use it in PWM mode.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old Oct 08, 2011, 12:55 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
i do not use privmsg as its difficult to archive, search through, or keep track of.
However you're welcome to email me using the 'send this user email' feature of the forum. While you did "answer" the led question, that was obviously not the answer the owner of your hardware was looking for. He was specifically asking if he can run more than one led module, and you, being somehow affiliated with dji, should have much quicker way to test this than someone who can't even buy the led module separately. Common sense here, if you have a product and a customer is asking if it can do a + b, you being the manufacturer, can quickly plug a + b in and verify it working or not. Answering "we never tried a + b because i'm too damn lazy to reach over to the 2nd module laying on my desk and plug it in" is definitely not gonna win you any more sales.

I figured it might be difficult for you to locate "email this user" link, so here it is below:

an appropriate answer from someone who claims to work at this place would be:
"i plugged in 2 leds and it worked as expected" or
"i plugged in 2nd led and the entire power module exploded, so please don't do that".
+1,000
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:44 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Braine-l'Alleud
Joined Dec 2008
194 Posts
Spektrum DX8

Hi,

I don't understand how to setup the Failsafe function with this radio.
Could any one help me?
Thanks.
nisouck is online now Find More Posts by nisouck
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:52 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
I do not use privmsg as its difficult to archive, search through, or keep track of.
However you're welcome to email me using the 'send this user email' feature of the forum. While you did "answer" the LED question, that was obviously not the answer the owner of your hardware was looking for. He was specifically asking if he can run more than one LED module, and you, being somehow affiliated with DJI, should have much quicker way to test this than someone who can't even BUY the LED module separately. Common sense here, if you have a product and a customer is asking if it can do A + B, you being the manufacturer, can quickly plug A + B in and verify it working or not. Answering "We never tried A + B because i'm too damn lazy to reach over to the 2nd module laying on my desk and plug it in" is definitely not gonna win you any more sales.

"I plugged in 2nd led and the entire power module exploded, so please don't do that".
I was even asking back on the 28th-> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2660
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 02:12 AM
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
Quote:

Hey,man, don't forget they were on holidays. I don't know where you live, Maybe by you, manufacturer can make this in 1 day even during the holidays. Perhaps XA or MK,in the same situation, can respond quicker.

Besides, it's easier for you to say how easy it is and you don't have to bear responsibility. I don't know what's the big deal about this LED. For me, I wouldn't use the 2nd LED on the system. If I want to, just plug the 3-Pin wire of LED to any free port of the MC.
HADOKEN is offline Find More Posts by HADOKEN
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 02:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I was even asking back on the 28th-> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2660
You can put this requirement into the wish list.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1515134

Maybe DJI will consider it.
HADOKEN is offline Find More Posts by HADOKEN
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 02:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HADOKEN View Post
Besides, it's easier for you to say how easy it is and you don't have to bear responsibility. I don't know what's the big deal about this LED. For me, I wouldn't use the 2nd LED on the system. If I want to, just plug the 3-Pin wire of LED to any free port of the MC.
Really now? Responsibility? If they have supposed DJI people IN this thread, reading it, and a question has been asked since September 28th (which was WAY before holidays), they've had over a week to get it answered. Especially for someone who actually works there and had written the software either for the MC or the led module this should be just a "oh, I know this works, so I will just answer it now" type reply and not a "uh, we never tested the 2nd led so I'm gonna come up with some excuse of why we don't give a crap".
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
That is something we have been discussing internally. Android, iPad and MS. We do consider all of the above after we get done with 64-bit Waypoint Ground Station. Can't give you the time table yet.

One thing for sure, WayPoint 32-bit will be forthcoming ....... in 4-8 weeks.

BTW, new firmware for WKM after the holiday will be released late next week.
Is the new firmware still scheduled to be released soon?
Jules_B is offline Find More Posts by Jules_B
Old Oct 08, 2011, 04:01 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_B View Post
Is the new firmware still scheduled to be released soon?
+1 awaiting firmware to minimize heavy octo wobble.

Jules can you please tell me what awg wire you used to extend your motor wires? Did is fit thru the SkyJib's arms easily?
Some pics of your setup would be great if you have time.

Thanks
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood