HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:51 AM
Nemo in a blender
The Netherlands-Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
The price is not always mandatory.

If you went through the hell called MK you know what I mean.

Unexplainable I2C errors,defective components,and last but certainly not least: No f*cking customer service at all.

Default answer of Holger and Co is:
"you must have soldered not good enough".

DJI is really a dream come true for me.
Connexxion is offline Find More Posts by Connexxion
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:55 AM
Joined Mar 2011
68 Posts
Hopefully DJI has halfway decent docs so we don't have to figure out how to oftdruck the sollhoe to get some empfangsverlust.
dauq regn is offline Find More Posts by dauq regn
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:59 AM
Nemo in a blender
The Netherlands-Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2007
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauq reggin View Post
Hopefully DJI has halfway decent docs so we don't have to figure out how to oftdruck the sollhoe to get some empfangsverlust.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!
Connexxion is offline Find More Posts by Connexxion
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:01 AM
Joined Apr 2006
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I am sure it will not be that cheap. The top model for helis called the Ace One is $3,500
yeah, I'm an old timer in the RR AP forum. I have experimented with traditional flight stabilizers for helis way back to the IR based spartan 2000. The Ace One and Profi priced a lot of people out (or at least me lol).

They can price it at $3k and sell to the few with deep pockets, or well under $1k and sell them to every existing and potential MK customer (me included).
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,293 Posts
IMHO I don't think they need to worry about being cheaper than MK. As other have said MK can be frustrating and full of problems. I would much rather spend a few extra hundred dollars on something that works and will save me hours and hours of hair pulling frustration.

Of course, this assumes this new system is customer friendly, reliable and well supported. We have no evidence of any of that, but I will be watching.
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:33 AM
Multicopter AP centric
Canada, AB
Joined Jan 2011
303 Posts
This looks very impressive. I would be interested for around $1000. I think that would put a lot of folks out of business or they would need to adjust quickly. I think MK have their market all wrong, they shouldn't be targeting hobbyists who want to build and do their own soldering, they should be targeting professional/paraprofessional video/photoographers who just want to plug in and do their creative/pragmatic work. Wakeup and smell the real market. I think academia, industry, film and others segments, are just starting to realize the potential multicopters have for doing real work. The market is huge if you come in and do it right. I think there is a pent up demand for a system that is basically plug and play yet reliable and sophisticated.

I know there are shops that are MK RTF but the you are talking over $10,000 for fully functional Octo system. If someone was to come out with a system half that price with the same capabilities...
mbsteed is offline Find More Posts by mbsteed
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:35 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
4,981 Posts
Just please make it support a multitude of platform configurations and we have a golden bullet.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:38 AM
Joined Apr 2006
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
I would much rather spend a few extra hundred dollars on something that works and will save me hours and hours of hair pulling frustration.
where is it shown that it is easy to set up? (playing devil's advocate) all you see is a very nicely tuned quad (not the time spent PID tuning by mathematicians).

also, it has a 115 ft. altitude ceiling hardcoded in the firmware. may be a dealbreaker for some.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:40 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Aug 2010
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
where is it shown that it is easy to set up? (playing devil's advocate) all you see is a very nicely tuned quad (not the time spent PID tuning by mathematicians).

also, it has a 115 ft. altitude ceiling hardcoded in the firmware. may be a dealbreaker for some.
Where are you guys getting this information? I can't find any info on their multi products besides these videos.
rallymatt is offline Find More Posts by rallymatt
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:41 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,123 Posts
You can buy it soon for 1600USD for the controller allone:
http://www.djiusa.com/how-to-order/

If you want waypoint navigation you need to grab a bit deeper into your wallet:
11.500$

But I'm sure we'll be offered some 25$ clones from continental China soon.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymatt View Post
Where are you guys getting this information? I can't find any info on their multi products besides these videos.
http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/pr...e_introduction
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
Joined Apr 2006
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post

11.500$

so before it's out, there is the nail in the coffin $11,500 US lol
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:47 AM
Joined Apr 2006
673 Posts
i take that back. looks like $11,500 for the single rotor heli version. i'm guessing the multi rotor will have RTH and POS hold, but no waypoint. if it did, obviously would piss off the guys who borrowed against their retirement for waypoint nav.

at $1600, i think mk still wins for functionality, *unless* that fc flies much smoother. i had an opportunity to fly a friend's quad mk at the field and my jaw dropped at the smoothness of it. sold me on that fc instantly. never got my open source scratch builds to fly like that, although it could very well be builder error. but then again, my friend simply built and flew his mk with the default PIDs.
Last edited by chris24g; Aug 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
68 Posts
I wonder if their GPS/Navi unit has an auto flip feature like mk?
dauq regn is offline Find More Posts by dauq regn
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:02 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post

11.500$

Thats not even the same product. That is for helis not multirotors. Read the title of this thread. There is no info anywhere on this product yet.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor