SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:43 AM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Just flew a few packs and the power module def fixed the hot ESC issue. Mine all run cool. The Height Hold on mine is real good. I would say it moves only a few inches up or down.
Ok tony now lets see some video Tom
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:52 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Instead of waiting for power module, just power the whole stack from a separate UBEC (NOT linear), and cut 5V lines from every ESC.
+1 this has been working great for me.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950 View Post
Ok tony now lets see some video Tom
And I want to see a two minute hover with the TX in the video frame. (sorry, but couldn't resist that). Seriously, two minute hover, TX in the video.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:58 AM
Nederland, NB, Waalwijk
Joined Mar 2011
383 Posts
hey zirt57 did you see my video on page 154 it is by far the best gps and altitude hold i have ever flown or seen.
killy is offline Find More Posts by killy
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:48 PM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
A serie of very pleasant flights today... with and without wind... easy to adjust with the X2 and X3 channels trimmed to the knobs of my Hitec radio...
Very pleasant RTH (I connected the RTH to a switch) = very smooth landings..
And a long flight (17 mn) with 2 lipos connected in parallel...
I'm just waiting for my power unit now (Robert, I don't know if I was on the list... no mail) to manage RTH on low power...
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Last edited by protowax; Sep 24, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 01:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
hey zirt57 did you see my video on page 154 it is by far the best gps and altitude hold i have ever flown or seen.
Yes I did see the video. Impressive. The above is an "almost" inside joke with Tony. Several people here will catch it including Tom.

Xaircraft X650 quad STEADY enough for AP photography/Video etc.. VID #2 w/2min hands off hovering (3 min 47 sec)

- Jeff
Old Sep 24, 2011, 01:56 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
I remember that
Cheers!
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 24, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
Yes I did see the video. Impressive. The above is an "almost" inside joke with Tony. Several people here will catch it including Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20ki...layer_embedded

- Jeff
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:

- Jeff
Hey Jeff... why don't you post this on the Xaircraft thread ? you have so many people desperated on this thread...
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Sep 24, 2011, 04:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
WOW WOW WOWEE Mine will GPS lock 7 sats and will hover hands off for days no kidding. I just did 4mins hands off and it hardly moved. WAAAAAY better than Xair and FY91Q. I should be able to get a vid Sun. My buddy is gonna stop over so will have him shoot it. TX on the ground far away. Hope he dont fall asleep
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:50 PM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20ki...layer_embedded

- Jeff
lol that was the video they got me to buy the xaircraft lol.
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:21 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
And I want to see a two minute hover with the TX in the video frame. (sorry, but couldn't resist that). Seriously, two minute hover, TX in the video.

- Jeff
This thing is sooo rock solid I did not need to wait for a camera man. I just activated GPS+HH and set the TX down and started filming. Here is a 4 min vid hands of hovering w/GPS and HH activated->

DJI Wookong-M w/Height Hold & GPS LOCK Activated For AP Aerial Photography (3 min 49 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax View Post
desperated on this thread...
?????? huh. desperated? Not even a word.

Tony and I are friends. We were both test pilots for XAircraft. I trust his opinion and I really want to see him fly the DJI. If he says it flys great, I believe him. He is one of the independent people that I wanted to see fly this. The post was directed at him and he got the joke. My post was not a put down of DJI or even a comparison. It was to get Tony to make the same kind of video.

- Jeff
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
This thing is sooo rock solid I did not need to wait for a camera man. I just activated GPS+HH and set the TX down and started filming. Here is a 4 min vid hands of hovering w/GPS and HH activated->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGxlXoPgbyg

Very cool Tony. Thanks for granting my wish. We'll talk on Skype some time. In that 4 minutes any photographer should have been able to get the photo they were after. Did you activate the auto-land at the end?

- Jeff
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Very cool Tony. Thanks for granting my wish. We'll talk on Skype some time. In that 4 minutes any photographer should have been able to get the photo they were after. Did you activate the auto-land at the end?

- Jeff
I am your personal genie LOL. No I was actually trying to show how easy it was to land with 1 hand holding the TX and moving the stick at the same time filming with the other hand but with sooo much going on I didnt realize the throttle was not in the frame LOL.
Site Sponsor