HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2011, 04:48 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
japp so it looks like any Graupner remotes with a Fasst/Rasst Futaba/Robbe module are not an option if you want to use S-Bus. Not an invitation to MK users were a lot of them have a Graupner.
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:04 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Fail safe setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
If anyone is interested, here is a video from my failsafe tests a week or so ago.

http://vimeo.com/29513268

At the time, a good, but not stellar performance. Better than a crash landing, but I wouldn't want a landing like that with my DSLR on Board.
Hey furyphoto
Can you please run thru how you setup switch "A" on your 9C to enable FS
Thanks
Yammysho is online now Find More Posts by Yammysho
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:01 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,385 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for posting your video. What happens failsafe-wise if you simulate a Tx faliure by turning off your Tx? Scenario 1 is you have a Rx failsafe setup as you should to put the ch3 throttle to just below hover and all other channels to neutral. Scenario 2 is you lose power to the Rx. What will the DJIWKMQ do?

I would suggest a re-think of your module mounting. Having the controller module mounted on top of the IMU no-doubt is inducing vibrations. That and improper neutral stability and prop/motor balance are things to check to get rid of theTBE.

Yes TC has now proven that there is a battery backup on the UBLOX GPS. So if you do not get a quick under 30 second lock after re-powering from a flight, then it points to Rf issues (use a shield), or a bad GPS backup battery.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
If anyone is interested, here is a video from my failsafe tests a week or so ago.

http://vimeo.com/29513268

At the time, a good, but not stellar performance. Better than a crash landing, but I wouldn't want a landing like that with my DSLR on Board.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Sep 24, 2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:03 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,385 Posts
TC,
What is the huge current draw? The LED driver?
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
You need the power module.
Standard current draw of wkm is 600+mA
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:09 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,385 Posts
Hi,
How did you have your Rx failsafe set? Would it auto-land in this situation?
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
It goes back to the throttle and control input your giving it. I tested this by Turning my tx off, letting it hover a bit, then turning it back on.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:25 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammysho View Post
Hey furyphoto
Can you please run thru how you setup switch "A" on your 9C to enable FS
Thanks
This assumes your 3-rate switch is on channel 7. If you have it on another channel, change your SLAVE below to that channel.

Go to advanced menu 2
select PROG.MIX1-6
select mix 1 (OFST AUX1)
put the rate at something around 47%
Master = OFST
Slave = CH7
Change mix from INH to OFF
LINK = OFF
Sw (choose what switch you want) I chose SwD
POSI = whatever position you want it to be "ON"

thats it!
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:53 AM
dji
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Have finnaly set up the DJI WKm on a Gaui 500x. One of the stock Gaul 10 amp esc is extremely hot, so only test flown a few times.
I like the vario altitute and the altitute hold. But the GPS hold toilet bowl is a big problem. Have used tv antenna foil on the cables and even a large copper plate to shield the GPS unit. The bowl is still there. I can imagine the side impact force of an auto land you kill most droidworx legs and damage gimbals.
Now if only my droidworx octo was here...
Just increase the basic gain on pitch and roll, they are too small.....
dji is offline Find More Posts by dji
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 24, 2011, 08:41 AM
Joined Jun 2007
516 Posts
furyphoto,it looks like you have Master unit installed on top of inertial unit ? Would likely to be better install them other way around or totally separate them.
GARUG is online now Find More Posts by GARUG
Old Sep 24, 2011, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
TC,
What is the huge current draw? The LED driver?
Cheers,
Jim
I'm using really crappy measurements, but it looks like IMU takes 300mA,
LED = almost nothing (surprisingly?), GPS, 100mA, and the rest is BEC in my ESC + MainController, which shouldn't be much really. I've also updated the blog with details about IMU and pressure sensor.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:00 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
When you start the software and it asks to login there is a little check box there that says something like "Keep me logged in". If you check that box and then log in to the software afterwards you can open the software and connect to the WKM without a network connection. The only thing you can't do at that point is upgrade firmware, obviously, but you can make changes in the field using that setting.
Thanx RTRyder, I didn't notice that.. Good thing!
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:07 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Quote:
I told them this already.
Why make something like cell count a user input, when you forget the setting and end up flying on 3S setting with 4S and trash the battery. Of course, just like any useful suggestion such as implementing PPM input, it has been ignored and I'm even a paying customer.

milouze, have you checked out my hardware evaluation of WK-M? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510587
+1 on that, I'm sure it could be automatic..

+1 yep, i checked that I love to see surgery ops_ good job by the way on the analysis of the beast Seems like a well written code and a nice thought assembling design can make the difference (regarding components which seem to be common)

Cheers

PS: and yes, old PPM input would be great, please! (my TGY9x + frsky stuff are on the way here!)
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Well was on my way to better results but then one of my esc's fried. I need to wait for the power module.
Would be nice to have two configuration slots so we can choose between windy/calm, light/heavy settings with a spare channel. Or even better have the MC auto select between the two.
Anyone with an AV200 pan kit? Do you find that the legs handle the weight of the craft comfortably? I am considering the new retractable legs from Droidworx.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Instead of waiting for power module, just power the whole stack from a separate UBEC (NOT linear), and cut 5V lines from every ESC.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
Anyone carries the Graupner Electro 10x5 props?
roypwee is offline Find More Posts by roypwee
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,951 Posts
Quote:
Instead of waiting for power module, just power the whole stack from a separate UBEC (NOT linear), and cut 5V lines from every ESC.
Just flew a few packs and the power module def fixed the hot ESC issue. Mine all run cool. The Height Hold on mine is real good. I would say it moves only a few inches up or down.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor