HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:30 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Very Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofs3d View Post
As I mentioned elsewhere. Just to give a suggestion to DJI. If you could design the camera mount around a modular system, that is, in my opinion, a camera gimbal that allows professionals to "attach it" on a variety of systems other than a rc multirotor/helicopter. I could see that it would be a good system as long as you keep it as a flexible scalable unit.

To give you an example, check the video below. Understandably, the video shows a system with a sophisticated suspension arm and a gryo stabilized camera gimbal that performs greatly. However, nothing stops you from making your own, or just attaching it to a car and making your own "poor mans" vehicle camera stabilization system. If DJI delivers the performance required to be a superior camera gimbal in today's rc camera stabilization units, then I am sure you will get the attention of big film production companies interested in your product as it will be a much cheaper alternative to other high end systems out there that deliver similar results. Just an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3a43...1&feature=fvwp
Impressive Work!

-John W.
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:37 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,986 Posts
Looks like mine was shipped today
Just ordered mine this morning and got a tracking # already. I should have it in 2 days and John included the module too. Cant wait to get it and start messing with it. Wed I will be listening for the mail truck LOL.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:48 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Hope this Helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Have tried to run the configuration software from 3 different computers. One is Win vista 32 bit. The same error appears. Have tried from 3 different internet access locations with firewall disabled, antivirus disabled and no progress. I can see the MC recognized in device manager when pluged in.
Any I.T wiz here can give a hand?
I talked to DJI Today and here is a Response to your Issue:

"Hi there:

you can uninstail the software 1st, then download the software from our company's website, before you reinstalling, please swich off your anti-virus software in your laptop,and check it again,

PS.please use the 32.bit windos for our software

let me know if there any problems

BR

Max"

let us know if this works for you.

Cheers, John W.
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:49 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ View Post
I talked to DJI Today and here is a Response to your Issue:

"Hi there:

you can uninstail the software 1st, then download the software from our company's website, before you reinstalling, please swich off your anti-virus software in your laptop,and check it again,

PS.please use the 32.bit windos for our software

let me know if there any problems

BR

Max"

let us know if this works for you.

Cheers, John W.
He already fixed it.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
You can not do this with normal camera gimbals, the servo will always be too late, no matter how fast it is. I bet they have some sort of mechanical gyro stabilisation.
I am doing this for my own design right now, let´s see who is faster.
There are lots of DIY gyro project around. Most are based on using old hard drives.

Hexacopter flight with disk drive gyroscope - Part 3 (3 min 54 sec)

A real gyro is 10K plus dollars (http://www.camerasystems.com/rentals.htm). If DJI is using a powered gyro for stability and it is $2500 that is a bargain.
milo12 is offline Find More Posts by milo12
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
If you all check thru out the forum he everywhere on threads his hobby really is just trolling threads not even sure he flies multi rotors.

Michael64
he for sure does fly multi rotor according to his nickname he flies garbage
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Sep 22, 2011 at 03:10 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:50 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Apr 2006
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
If DJI is using a powered gyro for stability and it is $2500 that is a bargain.
gyros on rc helis is not a new concept. the old timers will remember the kenyon gyro. i had one but they are pretty damn heavy, at least the weight of a 5d with lens. and no, didnt cost 10k. about 500 bucks.
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:08 AM
Schweiz, BE, Münchenbuchsee
Joined Jun 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post
They will sell a ton of those at that price. Of course, it will be to the top level AP/AV guys. It will be the "Holy Grail".

I'm putting one on our VarioCam e800 or g800 helis and being done with it.

Of course, I will also add one to a Heavy Lift Hexa also. You have to have more then one tool in the tool box to do it right. There is no one setup that can do everything.

Everyone in Hollywood production will be running those gimbals...just watch.

A inexpensive version would be nice for the Hobby market also.

X-mas time will be good I feel this year.
Hi Robert.
What about to make a $200 gift coupon to all the first customer who payed to much for the WK-M?
I could really use that for my next purchase

Andy
Morphin is online now Find More Posts by Morphin
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:18 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Hmm can on of you enlighten me what the changes are in the new firmware update 3.2 to 3.4 ? Any release notes that can be looked at ? There aren't any or did i miss a link or info in the tool ?

Thanks

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:47 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Hmm can on of you enlighten me what the changes are in the new firmware update 3.2 to 3.4 ? Any release notes that can be looked at ? There aren't any or did i miss a link or info in the tool ?

Thanks

Boris
It has to do with throttle position. Previously about 10% of the lowest stick position would not start the motors during start up, this was maintained after take off. The change is to remove the 10% limit after take off. A few seconds after landing, it will be re-activated again. It will be in the release note tomorrow.
There is another firmware late tomorrow night. This has to do with Fail-safe, when any of the EATRU connectors come loose .... it will go Fail-safe set by user (Hover, RH land).
I will reconfirm the second part later today.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:51 AM
not surprised.........
United Kingdom, Alford
Joined Jan 2005
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
I will say it again, gps gains need to be separated from flight gains... problem solved for toilet bowl and too much agression in wind...

personally however I would just dis-engage the gps hold, take the video and engage only when needed... but that's just my flying style.

Steve
+1 on that, I think for a *pro* setup, that there should be a *pilot* flying the airframe, and a camera man shooting the video/pictures with a telemetery system.
CaLviNx is offline Find More Posts by CaLviNx
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:09 AM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
Today I was quite tempted to throw a set of 10 x 5 Graupners on just to see what would happen. I may still try it at some point but I doubt that it will make all that much difference.

Yes it is a balancing act between the basic gains and the ATTI gain settings. I find in dead calm air I can put the basic gains at a bit over 400 with the ATTI at 100% and it flys like its hanging from a cable, add the wind and the cable becomes a coiled spring. Last flight today I turned the basic gains down to 310 for pitch and roll and left the yaw and altitude maxxed out at 300% and 250% these seem to be the most stable base pitch and roll settings for windy conditions, any lower and it gets too "loose", any higher and it tends to jitter too much in strong gusts.

The ATTI I've played around with quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that it depends greatly on the wind strength where it should be set. The stronger the gusts the lower the number needs to be, for light to moderate wind I can sometimes get away with leaving it around 90% as long as I don't try to hold a position. Best result this afternoon was at 70%, I haven't tried to go any lower than that yet. I did notice that when I engaged GPS hold at that setting I might as well have not bothered, it just started to do large circles, was much easier to just use the sticks and make corrections as needed. I also tried experimenting with changing the I parameter in advanced settings but I'm not certain it really makes much if any difference.

I did some experimenting with the gimbal gain settings as well, definitely need to set them a bit higher in gusty wind and lower for calm air. Once I have a good set of baseline settings I'll try swapping over the new AV130 which is much faster on servo response and see what kind of difference that makes.

Lots of trial and error and experimentation needed to make a big APV rig fly right with this controller, lets hope future software enhancements make it a little easier.
that makes sense you can´t have the same settings for flying without wind that works well with wind too, at least with my mk experience, I have 3 flight modes with different PID settings, 1 no wind, 2 medium wind 10-20km/h, and 3 strong wind >20km/h. Btw I´m using avroto too with my MK, no problems so far
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymatt View Post
That would be the worlds largest multirotor gimbal. I highly doubt anything is going to come close to lifting/stabilizing that much successfully for a while. Especially not the DJI gimbal which they mentioned would "Fit a GH2 sized camera"

And double especially since they mentioned their ESC's are maxing at 30amps. No chance of lifting 6lbs of camera + everything else on 30A esc.
It's about the same width as a 5D, as is the Panasonic AF100/101 and the weight of either hopefully shouldn't be an issue. And if as stated, "Everyone in Hollywood production will be running those gimbals...just watch.", then it's going to have to be able to carry something like that because both of those cameras are just the sort of thing that need to be used for quite a lot of higher end production, but not really a GH2 as has already been mentioned. Which is why I'm trying to get some firmer details on what it's going to be capable of for more serious applications. If this new gimbal is going to be limited to carrying something like a GH2 then, for me at least, it's a non-starter and I can discount it and start thinking along different lines, rather than staying on the 'will it, won't it' route.
Jules_B is offline Find More Posts by Jules_B
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:24 AM
MK Addict
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavess View Post
that makes sense you can´t have the same settings for flying without wind that works well with wind too, at least with my mk experience, I have 3 flight modes with different PID settings, 1 no wind, 2 medium wind 10-20km/h, and 3 strong wind >20km/h. Btw I´m using avroto too with my MK, no problems so far
I dont want to cannibalise the thread but Wavess that is good idea how you implement that? with poti switch and values to each position? into what PID?
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:31 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,374 Posts
Anyone have the exact weight of Graupner Elektro Prop 11x5 including the 8mm adapter?
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan