HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:01 AM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
@ dji: will this change in ESC freq. up to 400-600 Hz only be for your own Esc-type?

My HiModel 40 Amp can go up to 400 Hz too; would be nice if one can choose that in the
software, oh and i don´t wont to cut the red wire because if i want to reprogram it with
my card i had to pull it in again which is a nightmare to do.

Someone posted here that the Avroto are fare better than the original TigerMotors.
Well, I got 8 of the original 2814-11 right in front of me and i can tell you they look and work as good as my Pulso´s if not better so this is purely marketing BS.
They had the same shaft´s the same EZO bearings and the same housing, so what´s left
that makes the other twice the price, Snake-oil in the bearings?
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:02 AM
Canada, ON, Brockville
Joined Sep 2004
700 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just came across this.

$1069.00

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/djiwkm-mul...ing-p-362.html

Bob
Bob valley is offline Find More Posts by Bob valley
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dji View Post
HI Boris,

for heavy lifters we have 100% confidence: with current firmware, and with right esc motor and props can have perfect result. we will post a video there later to prove this.

Frank
I'm using Hobbywing Fentium ESCs, with supposedly one of the best motor brands (Axi), with supposedly one of the best frames (Droidworx SkyJib8), its weight without payload is approx. 6 kilos, so could you give me an idea based on your findings as to what gain settings I should be using to give flight characteristics that are good for aerial filming? What is the specification of the heavy lift setup you are having good results with? Looking forward to the video you mention, it will be a good visual comparison to see how it behaves compared to mine.
Jules_B is offline Find More Posts by Jules_B
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:58 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules_b View Post
i'm using hobbywing fentium escs, with supposedly one of the best motor brands (axi), with supposedly one of the best frames (droidworx skyjib8), its weight without payload is approx. 6 kilos, so could you give me an idea based on your findings as to what gain settings i should be using to give flight characteristics that are good for aerial filming? What is the specification of the heavy lift setup you are having good results with? Looking forward to the video you mention, it will be a good visual comparison to see how it behaves compared to mine.
+1
I hope also an answer ...
I will also wait to see what kind of config Robert will build for its new hexa uavframe... what kind of motors/esc are you going to use Robert ?
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Last edited by protowax; Sep 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:00 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob valley View Post
Hi Guys,

I just came across this.

$1069.00

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/djiwkm-mul...ing-p-362.html

Bob
For U.S. customers RC Hobby Helicopter is selling them for only a little more than FT and he is in U.S. and has a tech support # on his site. Something you will not get from FT. He is selling for $1120 w/power module and free shipping-> http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...ontrol_Systems
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:26 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
maxi,
have you tested that? results?
thanks
My chinese friend flies with this and cover with good GPS hold
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:05 AM
Spiritual Hovering
Paris, France
Joined Sep 2010
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
For U.S. customers RC Hobby Helicopter is selling them for only a little more than FT and he is in U.S. and has a tech support # on his site. Something you will not get from FT. He is selling for $1120 w/power module and free shipping-> http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...ontrol_Systems
Am on buying a WOOKONG very soon, but I did not follow the latests.
Could someone tell me what is the power module?
Separate product sold now? bundled with wookong?
Thanks!
Coptaire is offline Find More Posts by Coptaire
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Bundled, included with all new orders and/or back-filled to previous orders free of charge.
Basically a UBEC
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
714 Posts
It also allows more features like low-batt warning, RTH and landing in that case etc.. Well explained in the updated manual.
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:02 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Lets play. $1000 with free shipping and power module included only at DJIUSA.com. I'll run it till end of Sept. and maybe longer. This is going to be comical.

Oh and I have a contact number and lots of years of providing customer service.

And we are off, losing money but that is they way to play the game I guess.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post
Lets play. $1000 with free shipping and power module included only at DJIUSA.com. I'll run it till end of Sept. and maybe longer. This is going to be comical.

Robert, you da man! I'm bummed I paid the 'introductory' (BS) price, but way to play the game.

I'm a tech re seller myself (TV Broadcast) and we run into this crap all the time.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:11 AM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,191 Posts
rerazor what is the contact number its not on the new site yet.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
rerazor what is the contact number its not on the new site yet.

Michael64
517-862--1386
Robert @ DJIUSA.com

Updated shipping cart.

Now back to the builds.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Joined Jun 2011
346 Posts
The problem with all this price war is that when options like waypoints option will be available, everybody will remember all of that and will wait to see if the price goes down... I think 1200 $ is a fair price for the product I bought and all of this is just showing that there is no price reality...
protowax is offline Find More Posts by protowax
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:26 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerazor View Post

Glad I did not buy from you at $1200. I would not be too happy that you just lowered your price right after my purchase. I bet you will get some PM's/E-mails asking for a $200 refund now. I am sure you know what your doing though.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor