HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:26 PM
dji
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymatt View Post
No - It will probably get worse.

Well, in the wind at least. DJI is kinda useless in the wind so far IMHO. It's a one way ticket to wobbletown.

It holds well - That's cool. But who cares how well it holds when it is trash result?
a new firmware that can let you choose weather you want to optimize for position hold or attitude hold will be out in less than 2 weeks.
and also, in current firmware, most people still get very satisfying result in windy condition even for AP. most people who does not get perfect result from WKM is because of the wrong esc, motor, props, voltage combination, that's why we are developing our own ESC, and will sell in combo with motor and prop, which can provide thrust at about 700g each(@70% throttle), at the same time get 9 g/w efficiency

Frank
dji is offline Find More Posts by dji
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:32 PM
Bad Gunkie
badbill's Avatar
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Hey Frank, how about commenting on why we all just got screwed on the price?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:35 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Hey look, I can buy WKM for a buck!
http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/pr...=1&shipping=40

hahahaha
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:38 PM
Registered User
andrebandre's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
The Tiger brand motors are not the same assembly grade as the AVRoto motors, they share the same bell housing but that is about it.
Can you elaborate on that?
I got some Tiger motors on order under the presumption that they use decent japanese bearings and are pretty well built..
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:38 PM
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Adjusting the price is partially due to complaints from users here regarding pricing in Mainland China not being the same ..... can't satisfy every one. On one hand, local market can at times determine pricing a matter of supply and demand; on the other hand, global market tells another story.

Robert provides excellent service and support; a price others find attractive.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:39 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Woah... is this late night tv?

http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/pr...=1&shipping=40

Buy in the next 15 minutes and they throw in the shipping!
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:49 PM
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
Woah... is this late night tv?

http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/pr...=1&shipping=40

Buy in the next 15 minutes and they throw in the shipping!
Good job in changing the link .... to $19.95
The price remains unchanged when you proceed to purchase. What is your point of your post?
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Good job in changing the link .... to $19.95
The price remains unchanged when you proceed to purchase. What is your point of your post?
Actually, it doesn't.
I just went to paypal and confirmed address and was one-click away from buying it at 19.95
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Hmm, just tried the buy for 1USD link and it actually went to paypal with the price still at 1USD. Someone must have been testing stuff for their website and forgotten to remove those pages.
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Good job in changing the link .... to $19.95
The price remains unchanged when you proceed to purchase. What is your point of your post?
Just wondering if the $1099 price is actual price if my $19.95 price works as well. Maybe the first post on the lower price is also not real? Just poor web development on the part of DJI?

Actually just trying to be funny... but it does make you wonder?

Paul
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:07 PM
Posting, but should be working
furyphoto's Avatar
Brackendale, BC, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Good job in changing the link .... to $19.95
The price remains unchanged when you proceed to purchase. What is your point of your post?
I think the point might be that you need better security on your web store, and that you are still offering it for $100 less than the rest of us paid last week. And free shipping.

I could have used my extra $130 for motors, or ESC's or food, or my mortgage. We were told $1199 is the introductory price, and the regular price is $1399. Now after you have our $$ the price goes down, only a few days after we paid. Certainly you can see why we would be upset.

It is a bit of a slap in the face. And a very good way to anger your existing customers.
furyphoto is offline Find More Posts by furyphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:08 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
i think the point might be that you need better security on your web store, and that you are still offering it for $100 less than the rest of us paid last week. And free shipping.

I could have used my extra $130 for motors, or esc's or food, or my mortgage. We were told $1199 is the introductory price, and the regular price is $1399. Now after you have our $$ the price goes down, only a few days after we paid. Certainly you can see why we would be upset.

It is a bit of a slap in the face. And a very good way to anger your existing customers.
+1
+1
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:09 PM
Registered Lunatic
RTRyder's Avatar
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dji View Post
a new firmware that can let you choose weather you want to optimize for position hold or attitude hold will be out in less than 2 weeks.
and also, in current firmware, most people still get very satisfying result in windy condition even for AP. most people who does not get perfect result from WKM is because of the wrong esc, motor, props, voltage combination, that's why we are developing our own ESC, and will sell in combo with motor and prop, which can provide thrust at about 700g each(@70% throttle), at the same time get 9 g/w efficiency

Frank
I'd like to know who the "most people still get very satisfying result in windy condition even for AP" are because it seems most of us here are seeing the same instability problems in the wind and we can't all be wrong on our setups. Matter of fact the setup I'm using worked very well with a Mikrokopter flight controller prior to being changed to the WKM. If you're talking about people flying helis getting good AP results that is an entirely different aircraft and does not apply to multirotors.

P.S. 700 grams of thrust at 70% throttle won't even get most AP craft I know of off the ground, mine weighs 4 kilos without a decent camera onboard...
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:10 PM
Registered User
andrebandre's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
Sid, please disregard my previous post.
Dated already.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:10 PM
aka Helidaho
AeroVideoUS's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
I think the point might be that you need better security on your web store, and that you are still offering it for $100 less than the rest of us paid last week. And free shipping.

I could have used my extra $130 for motors, or ESC's or food, or my mortgage. We were told $1199 is the introductory price, and the regular price is $1399. Now after you have our $$ the price goes down, only a few days after we paid. Certainly you can see why we would be upset.

It is a bit of a slap in the face. And a very good way to anger your existing customers.
Don't get too upset yet, I'm trying to show that the $1099 price could be a spoof as well. Seeing the actual url on the original low price is what led me to try my $19.95 price. You may be upset for nothing if the original post is also a spoof.
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Last edited by AeroVideoUS; Sep 19, 2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: DDMT beat me too it... doah!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ballistic Recovery System for Multirotors Duck! Aerial Photography 65 Feb 26, 2014 10:58 PM
Discussion DJI - WooKong eStab for Scale sidneyw Scale Helicopters 97 Dec 30, 2012 11:48 AM
Discussion FY3ZT Autopilot for Aerial Photography feiyudz Aerial Photography 116 May 07, 2012 05:58 PM
Discussion DJI AceOne autopilot for sale... hazchem88 Aerial Photography 4 Mar 31, 2011 04:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 12:43 PM