HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:52 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcCam View Post
Back from flying after downgrade to 5.16. First calibration ok but TB. Second the drifts began white flashes. Same behavior like before the repair from Dji. Think the Wookong try's to get back to china cause they forgot to fix something. Will contact Dji. When switching to atti copter normal but white flashes. Think I give a second Naza a try.
did you recalibrate your compass??
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
I re calibrate it before first takeoff. Got TB with about 2 meter radius switch to atti and land. Disconnect powered up again sat lock in about 2 seconds. Calibrated again first red flashes second ok. Now drift to left and slight forward like ever now white flashes switched to atti and land. Don't power off just doing calibration but not possible. Power of and on calibration not possible any more. Pack my stuff and went home. Wookong in the box again now and ready for shipping. Mail to Dji waiting for their response.
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
Anything can be made to fly
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brondby
Joined Jun 2011
309 Posts
From your experiences.
Its been awhile since i flew my Wookong last because i mainly use my 2 other FPV crafts with Nazas on them but Last time i flew my wookong with firmware 5.16 it worked fine so i think i better just not upgrade to 5.18 until this is sorted out.
echo75 is offline Find More Posts by echo75
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
In the process of upgrading, it is always recommended when given the option to press the "default" button that you do so then enter the values and press "write".

Im on about prior to starting the upgrade, set everything to default, it only states what you pointed out after doing a firmware upgrade, not before.

the reason i commented on that was, if any values other than default are there prior to upgrading, this might be causing issues, it might not, but just a suggestion.

the point is, we all do this speculating and none of us actually know what is best to do,
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo75 View Post
From your experiences.
Its been awhile since i flew my Wookong last because i mainly use my 2 other FPV crafts with Nazas on them but Last time i flew my wookong with firmware 5.16 it worked fine so i think i better just not upgrade to 5.18 until this is sorted out.
If the 5.18 offers you no more features than you already have or need, then why bother upgrading at all if you have no issues on 5.16?
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:53 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Yeah it sure would be great If we all flew the same set up. There are so many variables. ( 10 flights so far on 5.18)
I fly a droidworx octo and did the 5.18 upgrade. Only thing i had to do was up my att gain to 110 as it wanted to go up and down a little.. The motors do not work as hard ( meaning not revving as much) to hold gps and height, no TB at all, over all take off is smoother.. go figure.. sometimes the problems just do not make sense. Works on one and not another..?????
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:02 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo75 View Post
From your experiences.
Any issues or problems with your Naza so far?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:18 PM
Anything can be made to fly
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brondby
Joined Jun 2011
309 Posts
Nope the Naza works as it always did, i have not noticed any changes and I even had a short flight today. then again, there has not been any new firmware update recently.
echo75 is offline Find More Posts by echo75
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
I still think there are a bunch of different Wookong out there my was one of the first stage and not compatible with some firmware. After I got it back the red wire of the Pmu was shorter then the black so I think the fixed something there but I don't know. I also have a different SN than before so seems to be they made some other changes mabe control board or whatever. Maybe now the V1 GPS not compatible with the new board ? Who knows. Hope get it back fixed some day but now first try the Naza cause of less reported problems. Build a little y6 with all Dji stuff as test bench to proof controller is ok. Ugliest copter ever but if the Controler handle this it will for shure be reliable.
Anyone has experience with one radian for roll control ?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joined Jul 2011
663 Posts
Hi Marc

We received your mail. We'll inform your dealer to contact you ASAP.
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
Zanesville, Ohio
Joined Jul 2004
28 Posts
Wookong M assistant issue

Having an issue getting the assistant software to work correctly.
I downloaded the only assistant listed on their Wookong download page - vers 1.36. Also USB driver ver 1.0 Both installed with no issue. The assistant read the MU okay and said it has version 5.12 beta firmware on the MU. But at the top of the assistant it keeps saying "version mismatch". Also it wants to update the MU firmware to 5.18 but from what I read today I think that is not a good idea as a few folks have had issues with 5.18.

The assistant shows it is connected to the MU as the green connect indicator is on and the blue data indicator is flashing. But I can only click on any one item and then something locks up and I cannot make any other adjustments. But the assistant stills shows it is communicating.

First tried this on Win 7 64 bit. Then next tried it on XP 32 bit, same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the Wookong but have flow the NAZA units for aprox 8 months, never had any issues with them and getting the assistant software to work correctly.
skyking1 is offline Find More Posts by skyking1
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:30 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Braine-l'Alleud
Joined Dec 2008
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjos99 View Post
I flew my octo for the first time this week with 5.18 firmware. I also noticed the random cut in and out of the motors, all of them not just a few. Almost like a engine miss in a car. Today I installed 5.16 and flew for a six minute hover flight. It was rock steady without any motor cuts. 5.16 fixed the motor cutting issue for me.
Jeff
Hi,

I upgrade to 5.18 and I have exactly the same problem:
suddent - but short - motors shutdown.

I go back to the previuous 5.16: no problem at all.

Upgrade again with 5.18 and I get the same short motors cutoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nisouck is offline Find More Posts by nisouck
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
any one got a link to 5.16
i upgrade to 5.18
have not tested it but decided to go back and wait
I can only see 5.14 on wiki
Cheers
Joe
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:39 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava
Joined May 2008
5 Posts
link 5.16 fw -> download
yamaha_xg is offline Find More Posts by yamaha_xg
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:21 AM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
To Dji,

reseller contact me and will swap. Thanks for the fast respond and help.