SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Just do throttle calibration to the ESC's with the radio you are going to fly with. If you change radios or Rx you have to calibrate the ESC's again.ESC's have to know your throttle range of your radio.
done that too
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
My hometown Belgrade winter aerials.
Few first shots are with MK okto, all other with S800, Z15 and GH2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y-lJiKEJHA
Wow

I always wanted to visit Belgrade, now I wanna go there even more, great vid !
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:22 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Hey guys. long time no see :-)

Well just wanner share my experience with the new firmware V5,18 for wookong-m.

I noticed that it has a very very nice lift off from the ground. I have noticed that it flies really great in no wind and in windy conditions.
My gains are very low ( more then I like and more then previus versions ) but they work very well.

My Hexa setup :

Wookong- M
Iosd
maytech esc 30amp
Torxpower motor 900kv (tigermotor- 2216 )
Tarot hexa frame ( carbon )
11x5 Graupner props.
11000 maxamps 4s battery. 18mins of flying time
Total weight is 3200 grams.

Picture of my hexa and a picture of my latest job.
epedemi is offline Find More Posts by epedemi
Last edited by epedemi; Feb 13, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Anyone know when the software "Support iPad Ground Control Station" will be released?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananawhiz View Post
Wow

I always wanted to visit Belgrade, now I wanna go there even more, great vid !
Thanks
You are always welcome to Belgrade and Serbia.

Here's "summer" version of Belgrade aerials (all done with MK).

Beograd iz vazduha (8 min 36 sec)
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:18 PM
Joined Oct 2009
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
Try re-connecting to Assistant software. I had this problem with the 5.18 upgrade and it required a reboot of my computer to get it to finally connect.

If all else fails, there is a way to short two signal pins on your WKM to reset it. I can't remember, but I think it was signal pins 7 and 8. You can use a bind plug to jump them, then power on, power off, remove bind plug. Then reconnect to computer via Assistant and voila! Can anyone here confirm its pins 7 and 8?

Dragant,
Awesome video!!

It's motor m5/m6 signals that you have to short.

greetz justin
justin_ma is offline Find More Posts by justin_ma
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:15 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Thanks
You are always welcome to Belgrade and Serbia.

Here's "summer" version of Belgrade aerials (all done with MK).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zu_tkk9be0
your aerials are really somes of the best multicopters aerials I've seen, just amazing!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:29 AM
Switzerland, GR, St. Moritz
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviocastro View Post
After updating to 5.18 a have some "quick" motor shutdowns during flight in Atti and GPS modes.
I am switching back to 5.16 and test again.
I have the same issue. I can see the dropouts also in the IOSD logfile, but just on the M1-M6 Outputs. As soon i switch back to 5.16 the issue is gone.

has anybody an idea, what that could be?
Gbox is offline Find More Posts by Gbox
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:33 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbox View Post
I have the same issue. I can see the dropouts also in the IOSD logfile, but just on the M1-M6 Outputs. As soon i switch back to 5.16 the issue is gone.

has anybody an idea, what that could be?
We are a test pilots for DJI
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:41 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokmon View Post
We are a test pilots for DJI
Yeah because they should really be able to test every possible setup and every possible piece of equipment to test for every possible source and degree of RF interference.

I'm not saying DJI has never jumped the gun on the release of firmware/hardware but that statement isn't exactly fair.

If you owned a pre-built RTF that is kept in factory condition that experienced problems THEN the statement is valid.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
Joined May 2011
368 Posts
Wobbles: Advanced settings or vibration in IMU?

Hello Everybody,
I'm trying to get rid of wobbles in my X8 WKM. Basically everything is tuned nicely in terms of gains and attitude gains but I still get occasional wobbles everynow and then. The wobbles are very very minor but they do affect the quality of the image when I'm carying my GH2 from the bottom of the copter. I obviously tried increasing and decreasing the gains and while the overall behavior changes the slight wobbles are still there. My props are statically and dynamically balanced and my motors are dynamically balanced as well. Here are some parameters

Frame: Scarab Octa with CarbonBirds 775KV motors coaxially mounted
Props: DJI 10X3.8
Battery: Turnigy 4S 5000mah
Diagnoal Motor to Motor distance: 70cm
Gains: 180/180/150/150(any higher on the pitch and roll and it starts to oscillate)
Attitude gains:70(I need a soft response because I'm not using a compenstated camera mount)

Like I said overall it flies really well except for the ocasional wobbles, so I'm not sure what to do next. My IMU is mounted on layer of 3mm PU gel already but I'm suspecting high frequency vibrations are getting through to the IMU although I'm not getting any white flashes. I've never played with advanced gains and I'm not sure they will help. Any advice is highly appreciated!
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconFlyer View Post
Hello Everybody,
I'm trying to get rid of wobbles in my X8 WKM. Basically everything is tuned nicely in terms of gains and attitude gains but I still get occasional wobbles everynow and then. The wobbles are very very minor but they do affect the quality of the image when I'm carying my GH2 from the bottom of the copter. I obviously tried increasing and decreasing the gains and while the overall behavior changes the slight wobbles are still there. My props are statically and dynamically balanced and my motors are dynamically balanced as well. Here are some parameters

Gains: 180/180/150/150(any higher on the pitch and roll and it starts to oscillate)
Attitude gains:70(I need a soft response because I'm not using a compenstated camera mount)

Like I said overall it flies really well except for the ocasional wobbles, so I'm not sure what to do next. My IMU is mounted on layer of 3mm PU gel already but I'm suspecting high frequency vibrations are getting through to the IMU although I'm not getting any white flashes. I've never played with advanced gains and I'm not sure they will help. Any advice is highly appreciated!

Try change to stiffer props like Xoars or CF. If they are SF props they can change blade angle and not always at the same time on the two blades.

Are the props mounted on those prop adapters? Maybe they induce some vibes?
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
Im the eye In the sky
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Hello Everybody,

////
I would go up the pitch 10x5 or change motors for faster responce.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Try change to stiffer props like Xoars or CF. If they are SF props they can change blade angle and not always at the same time on the two blades.

Are the props mounted on those prop adapters? Maybe they induce some vibes?
The props are actually much stiffer than the GWS tripple blades I used to use before. I'm using the prop adapters that come with the carbonbird motors from multiwiicopter.com...I guess it could be prop tracking issue but I don't notice any visible vibrations due to tracking or poor balance in general. I have them balanced as much as possible using a top flight balancer and I use the same balancer to check for static tracking. So do you think the wobbles are aerodynamic or just the IMU reacting to vibrations?
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 AM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Hello Everybody,

first thing I would do it get rid of the gel under the imu. I have mine mounted with double sided tape as DJI recommends. I think maybe the gel ( which will have movement) is the culprit

Mine is a flat octo ( droidworx)
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip