HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:55 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
920 Posts
I found out what my problem is.. The positive lead to the lipo has continuity with the carbon fiber frame. This has happened once before and I couldn't isolate it, but it caused really odd behavior the last time. Instead of jiggling to try to get rid of it.. I'm going to dig in and find the problem and fix it for good.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:53 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Took out my data-link for some flights, all done with waypoints:
https://vimeo.com/59308284

best regards

Ferdinand
Always enjoy watching your videos! What quad was the on board video taken from, where you see the props? As the ones shot from the ground to the quad was the S800 frame or at least it's landing legs.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:11 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Always enjoy watching your videos!
+1 on that.

Ferdinand. Why is your battery status always at 13.0 and what does she say after that. ? Very cool gadget, is it built into your Tx. ?

All the best
Paul
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:22 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
Thank you for your comments regarding my video!

@Kerbob, you can set the copter "heading" for each waypoint, but I am not sure if this is what you want. I have seen no option to use the POI directly within the Groundstation, but I might just don´t know how this works. I use "mediachase" to video-capture the screen.

@topgearuk
It is the same copter, it is my "carbon-hex" a hex with 800mm m2m distance and 14x8 props, which I used to carry the Zen before (but now this is on the X16), so for now it gives a nice copter regarding the flight-time (since the payload is much less). I have two cams on it, a fixed HorizonHD (which you see in the video at the beginning) and a rctimer-cam (which is the same as the HorizonHD, I assume, but with box) on a gimbal (it is about the same size like a GoPro). Yes, it has the S800 landing-legs, I started to like them.

@Paul
This is the Hitec HTS Voice, which is very nice, you can setup what telemetry info "she" shall tell you in "her" report. If you have no sensor connected, you have always the info of the main battery. The "13.0" is if you disconnect the battery (as this drops to 0), but it is the only recording of "her" I have.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Last edited by EndOfDays; Feb 10, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:03 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
This might be something for the UNEXPALAINED flips and wanderings.....

I hooked up today to tweak my settings (5.16) and the first thing I noticed was that my receiver type was not chosen in the software,,, I use the dbus setting( Futaba S bus) so I simply clicked it back on and did my course lock setting to test that today. Saved and went to fly.

First two flights the course lock worked great, then I started getting white flashes. After a little while it just went crazy. (I have had this octo for a year, never before happened, No white flashes since 5.16)) Luckily I fly well enough to land it with a soft tilt over. So I look at everything and try again with course lock OFF.. The octo takes off, nice hover I start flying get about 50 feet from me and goes crazy again, believe me it was wild, it would go up and down, yaw , go left and right.. YIKES!!... Again i am able to land, no damage..

I installed 5.18 and it has never flown better.. My avarto motors just humm and they do seem to not be correcting as much. smooth take off ... 5 flights no problem..

MY THOUGHTS, maybe the software has a glitch and Maybe occasionally it loses that setting .Seems if it loses that setting the software or IMU freak out. I do not hook up much as my octo flys well. Probably the fourth time since 5.16 . I know what to look for now.. whew!!
It sounds similar toy naza problem I had a few days back. I solved it when I powered the unit from a separate bec instead the Pmu. You might try it...
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:10 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Thanks Endofdays, I've been looking at those same motors (HK), think I saw them in one of your other posts, what a shame about not having a good solution for mounting a prop on them. So close to pulling the trigger on 4, was thinking for my Eciolp!? Running 6s with 14x8 props.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:27 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
@topgearuk
Here is my "ecilop" (pimped it a bit):

To run 6S with the 14x8 you will need Motors with 320-360KV. The NX-4006 with 530KV are just optimal for 4S (with the 14x8)

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:33 AM
Iran, Tehran, Tehran
Joined May 2011
17 Posts
Hi

I know maybe its routine question but I don't have time to search the whole topic.
Could someone please tell me the number of autopilot for s800 and 7 kg AUW

Thanks
Ehssan is offline Find More Posts by Ehssan
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:39 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
@topgearuk
Here is my "ecilop" (pimped it a bit):

To run 6S with the 14x8 you will need Motors with 320-360KV. The NX-4006 with 530KV are just optimal for 4S (with the 14x8)

best regards

Ferdinand
Perfect and Doh of course your right about 6s.. Been looking at so many different motors and set ups.. Yes they seem perfect for 4s maybe even 5s..

Have you had a chance to fly that set-up yet? I wonder how they compare to my TM2814-10?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:49 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
Here the maiden:

X8 Maidenflight (3 min 0 sec)

and here as part of a "special operations" team carrying the Z15:

Z15 X16 video blog 2012-12-28: Two-Stage Copter (5 min 18 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:59 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:

and here as part of a "special operations" team carrying the Z15:

https://vimeo.com/56430449

best regards

Ferdinand
Never get bored of watching that one!

All using them same motors!? Any reason you don't use the supplied prop adaptor?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:10 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
Yes, most of my copter have these motors, I like them, the never failed so far, so there is no reason for me to switch.

You will not get happy when mounting a 14" prop with an adapter on a 3mm shaft. You also can balance the props as good as possible, but these adapters are a reasonable source for vibrations, since they are not centered enough (not for a 14" prop). The more direct the prop is mounted on the motor-bell, the better. Also the lower the props are above the mounting on the arms, the less torsion (caused by vibration) can be induced.

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:25 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
I found out what my problem is.. The positive lead to the lipo has continuity with the carbon fiber frame. This has happened once before and I couldn't isolate it, but it caused really odd behavior the last time. Instead of jiggling to try to get rid of it.. I'm going to dig in and find the problem and fix it for good.
dont understant, can y put pict ?
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:07 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
812 Posts
Today I had a crash with my S800 and Z15g onboard. WKM had 5.18 FW loaded.
Here is the video of the crash. It started to spin so violently that 2 battery packs were thrown out of the tray. Thats why camera stopped recording and copter fell on the ground.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause of the spin? It was in GPS mode, when spinning I went to ATTI and manual, but it didn't help.

s800 crash (0 min 41 sec)
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:23 AM
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jun 2012
466 Posts
S800 Loss

Sorry to see your S800 loss. I have one question why didn't the video spin when you loss control of the S800?
hadawayj is online now Find More Posts by hadawayj